Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

Well it was the winter solstice down here so I polar beared it in the harbour and drank a liter and a half of pear cider [a rare indulgence in alcahol which I quite enjoyed] while listening to some old hillbilly music and 'the levellers' until I realised I was happy tipsy and decided to skank my old bones to some well wicked ska.
Back when I was a DJ we used to always do a 'soulstice' party outside somewhere [winter and summer] and I would get to play beautiful deep grooves for the sunrise, a very great honour I assure you - but well deserved as I had the right attitude and would light loads of sri sai flora to waft accross the dancefloor and compliment the deep dubby tunes... ah such sweet memories....

peace and a belated blessing to you all, j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 6:26 pm

We had winter weather in the summer solstice ! It rained so much that water was flowing down streets like rivers.
Then today it was very sunny and pleasantly warm. That's the British weather for you :)

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 8:56 am

I celebrate it by getting better. Once it's past the summer solstice, that means the days are getting shorter! I always feel better after the summer solstice, I have more energy, am more cheerful, etc.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

pratchettfan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2011, 9:29 am

It's a bit of shame that we make so much fuss about some dates - mostly religious ones with no importance in my life at all - and ignore those dates most revered by our ancestors. I'd love to see an official holiday on June 21 even if - as another poster pointed out - that can mean slate-grey skies in some parts of the world. Like where I live. But, I love England's climate. I'd be happy to cavort with the druids whatever the weather. However, Stonehenge is just too far away.

'There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing' - Alfred Wainwright (fellwalker extraordinaire) :

http://www.wainwright.org.uk/about_aw.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/enjoy_cumb ... ight.shtml