I really need some guidance.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2011, 7:33 am

I have been sympathizing with the idea that I should have known and not tried so hard to be who I wasn't It was just a defense mechanism so I'd fit in. I don't think you're too harsh, her anger is justified, and I think me and her might start over just talking about the things that happen. When she strikes out it's like she's a different person, like she's melting down in her own way.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 7:39 am

Quote:
her anger is justified, and I think me and her might start over just talking about the things that happen.

Glad you're seeing things from her side a bit- as I said, I'm not trying to justify everything she's done.

I'm still a bit confused as to how you think you'll talk through this though; she wants a sexual relationship and you're assexual, and you say you don't even like her as a person? Good luck anyway if you do try to make a go of things.

Quote:
When she strikes out it's like she's a different person, like she's melting down in her own way.

She probably is, but as Graewlyn pointed out in another thread, it is possible to learn to control meltdowns to a certain degree. I don't suppose it makes a huge difference, but when she's angry is she actually aiming for you or just lashing out around her in general?

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2011, 7:53 am

It seems as if since she knows I'd never leave her she could just let her anger out on me and i wont fight back. but I did so now I bet it will be better. I am going to talk to her in person today and we just need to vent this all out. Thanks everyone. I like being told I'm wrong when I am so thank you Lene.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 7:55 am

stilldays wrote:
I like being told I'm wrong when I am so thank you Lene.

You're welcome stilldays, thanks for taking it so well. Good luck.