Page 7 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 3:06 am

@liveandletdie/inuyasha
if you going to have two accounts try having them post a little farther apart
or use different points or writing styles.

use my lead my other account John_Browning sounds nothing like this one. :wink:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

RedHanrahan wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:
European? Do you even know where my country is on the globe?

I do not think he was stating you were European based on what I read. Besides, it is very obvious you come from Sheepopolis.

All you are doing is displaying your ignorance child, old Maori saying 'you have two ears, two eyes and one mouth - the wise use them in that order and proportion :wink:

j

When I first arrived in London I was fascinated by the difference in PC talk and coding. I found a flat that said in the ad, "Europeans only". I delighted in telling the landperson that I was not in fact a European but an American. She said I shpould come along. My only regret was I am not an Ethiopic American or an Asian American or an Aboriginal American - of course the real distinction was not British / European nor European / nonEuropean but Blankes / Niet Blankes.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

RedHanrahan wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:

I do not think he was stating you were European based on what I read. Besides, it is very obvious you come from Sheepopolis.

New Zealand is 1200 south- east of Australia. Both places are in the wrong hemisphere.

ruveyn

You found your globe then, useful things aren't they, remind you that there are lands other than your own, shame you had to use one to know where I'm from though :roll:

We learn geography from maps and globes, mostly . Do you know where Antarctica is? I will bet you have never been there. So how do you know where it is?

ruveyn

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

ruveyn wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:

New Zealand is 1200 south- east of Australia. Both places are in the wrong hemisphere.

ruveyn

You found your globe then, useful things aren't they, remind you that there are lands other than your own, shame you had to use one to know where I'm from though :roll:

We learn geography from maps and globes, mostly . Do you know where Antarctica is? I will bet you have never been there. So how do you know where it is?

ruveyn

Well strangely I do know where antarctica is and that is because I trust that some knowledge as collated and propagated by my fellows is both truthfull and empiric in as much as anything is. What exactly is your point mister grumpy empirical materialist old codger?

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

RedHanrahan:

Now, I know you grasp at straws to launch ad hominem attacks towards Americans (yet you call other people children), but I have a question for you:

What are your views on the Holocaust?

This is a serious question. You are a 9/11 truther, and usually they have some sort of problem towards Jews or some other ethnic group as well, maybe AIDS denial, anti-vaccine views, etc. It is called 'crank magnetism.' Usually naive-minded conspiracy theorists do not stop at just one. You have to be a much more terrible individual than you are putting on...

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 5:34 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan:

Now, I know you grasp at straws to launch ad hominem attacks towards Americans (yet you call other people children), but I have a question for you:

This is a serious question. You are a 9/11 truther, and usually they have some sort of problem towards Jews or some other ethnic group as well, maybe AIDS denial, anti-vaccine views, etc. It is called 'crank magnetism.' Usually naive-minded conspiracy theorists do not stop at just one. You have to be a much more terrible individual than you are putting on...

Perhaps this is you grasping at straws? I launch attacks on obvious muppets - a group in which you are included!
If perhaps they tend to be 'american' muppets that is an accident of the demographics of this site which is overwhelmingly dominated by 'americans'. This means that statistically 'americans' are more likely to draw flak.
Rest assured if some Russian bigot came here and started defending extra judicial executions or the Chechnya war I would attack them too, If they tried to rewrite history and make the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan altruistic I would pioint out the falicy. I actually bite my tounge 95% of the time because I see no point in even engaing with obvious muppets who are incapable of being self reflective, objective or open minded. All you do is display your mad egocentricity and ethnocentricity when you assume that an attack on a citizen of a nation is an attack on the whole nation. This kind of thinking is indicative of an extreme xenophobic nationalism or some nationalistic fascism or some other similar mindset that is quite frankly a relic of a past that the human race needs to move beyond. If it is easier for you and your sort to dismiss challenges to your views rather than consider them as an opportunity to consider a broader view then it is your loss and sometimes everyones problem.

The Holocaust? Presumably you refer to the genocide enacted by the Nazi's in the early forties. perhaps you refer to the Armenian genocide? As I am opposed to any and every genocide I am quite obviously disgusted that one group of human beings saw fit to attempt to anhilate several other groups of human beings.

The rest of your post is presumptive nonsense based on what I interpret to be your ignorance and predjudice. I am neither a 'conspiracy theorist' nor a racist etc... if that is the best you can come up with to attempt to smear your own preoccupations all over my person then you are quite simply pathetic.

Now I am sure that as I have responded you will get a hard on again and jump up and down shouting 'I win, I win' again... :roll:

Have a great day!

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan:

Perhaps this is you grasping at straws? I launch attacks on obvious muppets - a group in which you are included!
If perhaps they tend to be 'american' muppets that is an accident of the demographics of this site which is overwhelmingly dominated by 'americans'. This means that statistically 'americans' are more likely to draw flak.
Rest assured if some Russian bigot came here and started defending extra judicial executions or the Chechnya war I would attack them too, If they tried to rewrite history and make the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan altruistic I would pioint out the falicy. I actually bite my tounge 95% of the time because I see no point in even engaing with obvious muppets who are incapable of being self reflective, objective or open minded. All you do is display your mad egocentricity and ethnocentricity when you assume that an attack on a citizen of a nation is an attack on the whole nation. This kind of thinking is indicative of an extreme xenophobic nationalism or some nationalistic fascism or some other similar mindset that is quite frankly a relic of a past that the human race needs to move beyond. If it is easier for you and your sort to dismiss challenges to your views rather than consider them as an opportunity to consider a broader view then it is your loss and sometimes everyones problem.

The Holocaust? Presumably you refer to the genocide enacted by the Nazi's in the early forties. perhaps you refer to the Armenian genocide? As I am opposed to any and every genocide I am quite obviously disgusted that one group of human beings saw fit to attempt to anhilate several other groups of human beings.

The rest of your post is presumptive nonsense based on what I interpret to be your ignorance and predjudice. I am neither a 'conspiracy theorist' nor a racist etc... if that is the best you can come up with to attempt to smear your own preoccupations all over my person then you are quite simply pathetic.

Now I am sure that as I have responded you will get a hard on again and jump up and down shouting 'I win, I win' again... :roll:

'Crank magnetism' has been shown time and time again, and I just wanted to be sure. Other than the fact the things you said about me are not true and everyone except you knows that.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 5:43 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan:

'Crank magnetism' has been shown time and time again, and I just wanted to be sure. Other than the fact the things you said about me are not true and everyone except you knows that.

Is a typo and a misspelling the best rebual you can come up with?

Don't forget to add muppet to your 'sig' little one :wink:

Have a great day!

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 5:46 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
RedHanrahan:

Is a typo and a misspelling the best rebual you can come up with?

Don't forget to add muppet to your 'sig' little one :wink:

Anything else you want to get out of your system before I leave and stop derailing the thread?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:12 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:

Well strangely I do know where antarctica is and that is because I trust that some knowledge as collated and propagated by my fellows is both truthfull and empiric in as much as anything is. What exactly is your point mister grumpy empirical materialist old codger?

I am distinguishing between first hand knowledge and 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand knowledge. Most of us learn geography 2nd and 3rd hand because few of us travel to the places we learn about.

Mock me if you will, but facts trump beliefs each and every time.

ruveyn

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Ach, du lieber Gott!

There IS no fact that does not stand only as long as its underlying beliefs. How is it that types like you and MG can be so BLINKERED that you deny everything not in the center of the beam of your minitorch? I did not and do not get it, though I know it is a "fact" of the Benchmarked Mind.

-----------

By the way, does nobody else feel a huge temptation seeing the head of this thread to say you AGREE?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

Philologos wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Ach, du lieber Gott!

There IS no fact that does not stand only as long as its underlying beliefs. How is it that types like you and MG can be so BLINKERED that you deny everything not in the center of the beam of your minitorch? I did not and do not get it, though I know it is a "fact" of the Benchmarked Mind.

-----------

By the way, does nobody else feel a huge temptation seeing the head of this thread to say you AGREE?

Facts ARE what IS. The world is exactly the facts of the world and nothing else.

There are facts and there are opinions.

ruveyn

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

ruveyn wrote:
-----------

Facts ARE what IS. The world is exactly the facts of the world and nothing else.

There are facts and there are opinions.

ruveyn[/quote]

Oh, absolutely. No question. Thing is - not you nor I nor any human NOW or PAST or to come before the end knows all and only those facts. All we got is different degrees of probability on derivations from our assumptions / beliefs /.opinions.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 3:54 pm

ruveyn wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:

I am distinguishing between first hand knowledge and 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand knowledge. Most of us learn geography 2nd and 3rd hand because few of us travel to the places we learn about.

ruveyn

Ok, in all seriousness. What is your point? What fact am I missing here?

Please note the absence of any form of mockery or denegrative adend.

peace j

Have a great day!

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 7:27 am

Brother Hanrahan -

you can rabbit chicken with ruveyn till your face is more red than your monicker and he will just hunker down and pit bull on the chorus that what he knows is knowledge and there is nothing else, and since he does not believe in belief what he "knows" is immutable.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

Philologos wrote:
Brother Hanrahan -

you can rabbit chicken with ruveyn till your face is more red than your monicker and he will just hunker down and pit bull on the chorus that what he knows is knowledge and there is nothing else, and since he does not believe in belief what he "knows" is immutable.

I know rather little but his I do know: Facts trump theories and beliefs each and every time.

ruveyn