Did I win?

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:09 am

EDITED

EDIT2: Also, MP, please edit your post... that broken link screws up the page. I've removed it from my post, but in your quote it lives on.

Need I say more?

Damn, I assumed I would be able to embed their image. If you feel seeing my triad test results, they are there.

Last edited by Orwell on 24 Jun 2011, 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:25 am

Orwell wrote:
EDITED

EDIT2: Also, MP, please edit your post... that broken link screws up the page. I've removed it from my post, but in your quote it lives on.

Need I say more?

Damn, I assumed I would be able to embed their image. If you feel seeing my triad test results, they are there.

How the hell is that even possible??!

That being getting a score of "0", of course.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:37 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Orwell wrote:
EDITED

Need I say more?

I am a mathematician.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:45 am

yourmorals wrote:
The scale you completed was the "Free Will and Determinism Scale," developed by Delroy Paulhus and Jasmine Carey at the University of British Columbia.

Liberals and conservatives seem to disagree in their basic understandings of the causes of human action, particularly of immoral action. Liberals are more likely to believe that social forces, poverty, childhood trauma, or mental illness can serve as valid excuses. Conservatives are more likely to reject such excuses and want to hold people accountable for their actions, including a preference for harsher punishments. At least, that is the way things play out in many disputes in the legal world. We want to see if we can look at this stereotypical difference in more detail. We want to find out WHICH kinds of free will and determinism show a correlation with politics, and with other psychological variables.

The Paulhus scale measures people's attitudes about four constructs related to freedom vs. determinism, which we have graphed for you in the four green bars below.

The first graph shows your score on two measures of belief in determinism:

• Fate: the belief that individuals cannot control their own destinies
  • Scientific causation: the belief that people's actions are fully explained by a combination of biological and environmental forces

The second graph shows your score on two subscales about belief in NON-determinism, or freedom:

• Randomness: the belief that some events are truly random, that chance plays a role in human affairs
  • Free Will: the degree to which people can truly decide upon their behaviors and are personally responsible for their outcomes.

In the graphs below, your score is shown in green (the first bar in each cluster). The scores of all people who have taken the scale on our site and who described themselves during registration as politically liberal are shown in the blue bars. The scores of people who described themselves as politically conservative are in red. Scores run from 1 (the lowest possible score, least belief in that construct) to 5 (the highest possible score).

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:39 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Orwell wrote:
EDITED

Need I say more?

I got zero as well on that one as well.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

As I suspected. Conservatives tacitly support injustice by denying it's existence.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

They also don't like thinking.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

yourmorals.org wrote:
The scale you completed was the "Ethics Positions Questionnaire," developed by Donelson R. Forsyth.

The scale is a measure of how people determine what is moral or immoral along 2 dimensions, idealism and relativism. Idealism is a measure of how willing a person is to consider committing an immoral act in the service of a greater good. Higher scores indicate less willingness to make such sacrifices. Relativism is a measure of how much one subscribes to the idea that morality can vary depending upon situation and culture. Higher scores indicate more willingness to believe that moral principles are not universal.

The idea behind the scale is that, independent of subject matter, some people believe that the nature of morality differs. For people who think that morals are absolute, moral relativists may be labelled immoral while moral relativists may see absolutists as rigid. Similarly, idealists may think that those who are willing to sacrifice principles are unethical, while non-idealists may see idealists as unrealistic and naive. Perhaps understanding these differences at a deeper level can help people who conceive of morality differently see why good intelligent people sometimes disagree.

The graph below shows your gratitude quotient score (in green) compared to those of the average Liberal (in blue) , the average Conservative (in red) , and the average Libertarian (in orange) visitor to this website. The scale runs from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest possible score).

It's sad Awesomelyglorious hasn't commented with yourmorals graphs.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:24 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
It's sad Awesomelyglorious hasn't commented with yourmorals graphs.

Two issues:
1) I haven't actually commented anywhere for the past few days.
2) I'd actually have to put all of these things into photobucket, which is annoying to me.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:27 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
2) I'd actually have to put all of these things into photobucket, which is annoying to me.

I've found that after a certain amount of tries one acclimatizes to it.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:30 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I've found that after a certain amount of tries one acclimatizes to it.

It's not that it is difficult. It's just a bit tedious to me.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:34 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I was refering to the tedium. One acclimatizes to the tedium. Indeed, the tedium delayed me a bit, I would've posted early had Photobucket been less tedious. But I guess I have a higher marginal valuation of posting online, group/individual descriptive graphs than you.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:22 am

Here. Here you go. Solve everything about me for you, yet?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I was refering to the tedium. One acclimatizes to the tedium. Indeed, the tedium delayed me a bit, I would've posted early had Photobucket been less tedious. But I guess I have a higher marginal valuation of posting online, group/individual descriptive graphs than you.

....... Obviously. When you are at something, you are obsessed. Really really obsessed.