I've heard of the style but haven't heard too many DNB songs 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
I don't know what Drum&Bass is 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2021, 6:31 pm

I grew up as an old school raver.
When i was 15-16, acid house was really big and then the big rave scene followed.

acid house, ambient, trance, various types of trance, techno, break beat, house, various styles of house,
jungle, intelligent dnb, jump up dnb etc.

I used to go to raves on and off for a few years.
Started to play bass guitar at the age of 18 and started a local reggae band when a little older.

Got frustrated with the band i was in and decided to buy my first apple mac and first synth in 95.
Taught myself to use computer, computer music software and how to use synthesizers.
Went on from there.

In 95, break beat develop from house, developed into jungle, developed into intelligent DnB, Jump Up DnB etc.

Experimented for several years making DnB, trance, Ambient, Ambient Dub, pre dubstep dubstep.
Went to famous performing arts college to study degree in sound engineering to make my production better.

Spent some years out doing nothing. Although back into writing, engineering and producing.
Maybe even get back into Jungle / DnB / Dubstep. As have years of experience doing all sorts of stuff, from midi programming, sampling (using hardware / software samplers), sound design, composing, arranging, engineering.

Would be stupid after all those years learning and doing stuff, to suddenly say i give up and start to do gardening or something. I don't care if i am old. If the music i make is new...