Page 13 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 6:07 am

I grew up smoking a lot of pot, but I can't any more; it makes me feel like curling up in a ball in a deep dark hole and pulling the sod over me.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

A friend gave me a bottle of CBD to try. Start at 1 drop he said. So I tried. The instructions said you could go up to 5 drops a day. I stopped at 4. I didn't notice anything, except that it tasted like vegetable broth. I gave him back what was left of the bottle.

Tomorrow pot is legal across all Canada. Having been in the military in a 'flight safety' role where spot testing could be done, I never tried it. I have no interest now that I'm retired either.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:47 am

Not me. I hate the smell of the stuff. Everything smells like a big litter box.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 5:26 am

Spent a lot of my teenage years smoking green. I think in the end it didn't help with depression though. Been around 12 years since I did it now, quite fancy another go though

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:42 am

I don't use Marijuana. I don't even even smoke tobacco or drink alcohol. I could almost be a mormon if I wasn't an atheist. :lol:

But I have nothing against people who use it. I don't believe that it's as bad for you as some other drugs like crack cocaine or methamphetamine. My Mom's ex-husband is a crack addict who stole from us to support his addiction and he would get violently angry and hurt her.

What really bothers me is that she always seems to forgive him and go back to him. I honestly have no idea what she sees in a guy like that. :roll:

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2018, 6:48 am

Canada is now a nation of potheads!

Not that I want to try it. Never have, not really interested in trying it. I used to smoke cigarettes. They were filthy. Smoking marijuana is the same thing. Unhealthy.

A friend urged me to try some CBD for one condition I have. The instructions said start with 1 drop & work your way to 5, if needed. I was up to 4 with no noticeable effect. Of course my condition he was concerned about is physical, not mental. I don't really know how it would affect me, and I'm not really wanting to change how I have been all my life.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:03 am

I guess the real reason I never bothered to try it or any other drug is because I'm scared to develop an addiction. Addictions aren't only bad for you but they are an expensive habit and I don't exactly have a lot of money. Plus with the Bipolar Disorder I tend to overspend everytime I go shopping so I'm already no good with money.

I really need to start thinking about the future and what I'm going to do about money if my Mom is no longer around to take care of me...

CalicoMischief
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Oct 2018, 9:21 am

Teknique wrote:
Hello, first time poster here. While I have all the symptoms to be considered an aspie, I don't really identify myself as one. I was wondering how many of you use marijuana to help with problems like sleeping, relaxing, etc. I'm a habitual marijuana smoker and I can truly say that it's helped me get through some tough times.

A little bit about me. I was diagnosed with depression, social anxiety disorder, and ADD all in the same sitting with a psychologist. These diagnosis' didn't surprise me; I had known I was depressed since I was a little kid, and I had never been a socially active child, often staying to myself or maintaining one really good friend and ignoring other children. In middle-school I had very little friends, and in high-school I had about 3 friends the entire year, including my fraternal twin brother (who has no aspie symptoms at all). I started smoking marijuana when I was 19 and I found that it made me a little more social, less depressed, and my social anxiety was getting better. I had also found the cure to my insomnia.

When I'm high, it just feels like everything is alright. My worries float away and seem like little things compared to how I viewed them while sober. Most of the time I become more introverted while smoking, often just sitting down and thinking about my day, or about my "problems", finding simple solutions and telling myself not to forget them. I've also found that I have a bigger arsenal when it comes to conversation with peers. It surprises me how many people I've met, how many connections I've made, just through the use of this herb.

TLDR: How many of you are potheads?

I thought pot was the answer for me until I smoked it and would up in the ER because I couldn't handle the trip. Maybe I smoked too much too fast but I had the worst feeling I can remember high on pot. I thought I was going to die of a heart attack. I can't smoke pot unfortunately it made me have the Only neurosis imaginable. I LOVE to drink though. If I had the money I would be drunk every day all day. It makes me feel better for socializing. I'm on medications but they don't make me high so much, just sleepy.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2018, 10:36 pm

I think high CBD / low THC cannabis oil would be just the ticket for me, whether vaped, in edible form or as a tincture. I can't stand the smell of the stuff and have scarring on my lungs from pneumonia so I don't want to smoke marijuana.

No need to get high. I don't care about that. In fact I prefer to be as functional and in control as possible, hence the low THC.

Unfortunately the state that I live in has draconian marijuana laws and selling / buying even CBD oil--which can't get you high--is a felony.

So I stumble around in a fog like a zombie on a cocktail of expensive and toxic medications that will eventually kill me. Because that's soooooo much better for me than medicinal cannabis. :roll: There are some government officials who need to climb off their moral high horses and out of the pockets of the pharmaceutical industry.

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki

AQ38
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2018, 1:53 am

Quote:
Unfortunately the state that I live in has draconian marijuana laws and selling / buying even CBD oil--which can't get you high--is a felony.

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that things had changed very recently and that CBD oil was legal in all 50 states if you live in the US. Of course other countries have states instead of provinces and so does matter (solid, liquid, and gaseous) so what do I know.

CBD is what I need, not THC, but it's too expensive to be sustainable as a "recreational patient"--how I DESPISE that term--and I have legal/bullying/dv issues that make finally getting medical completely out of the question no matter what my budtenders may think about that.

I can't stand trying to get NTs to amplify their "wink wink nudge nudge"s enough to be understandable to my own ears, but I have been smoking marijuana for decades before there even WERE weed stores and I did get a smile and a much louder and more cheerful, "THERE ya go!" than handing me back my change for cheap, bargain bin Pure Kush would normally require after I shrugged and said, "Or I suppose I could just get better about switching out my strains." so there ya go.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2018, 2:23 am

Alas, South Dakota is 1 of only 4 US states that explicitly forbids CBD. No medical cannabis and certainly no recreational. It's also the worst state in the country to get caught with marijuana in so I don't try to get around it. I am very vocal with my elected representatives though.

Heaven forbid anyone should find any relief from suffering OR *gasp* pleasure from that wicked plant. :roll:

AQ38

18 Oct 2018, 2:59 am

You posted before I could edit the first one, lol. I guess I'm an obsessive researcher or something because this is NOT likely to do you any good, but according to one source, which is an online retailer of CBD oil, you and I are both right.

The catch is that

Quote:
In 2014, President Obama signed into law the Agricultural Act of 2014. Section 7606 of the act, Legitimacy of Industrial Hemp Research, defines industrial hemp as distinct from marijuana.
which can be easily verified or disproven and then triangulated. The online retailer can sell some of you CBD oil as long as it was manufactured from Industrial Hemp rather than Marijuana.

This sounds great if you don't know anything at all about plants. I'm not questioning that it's possible and this may be a wonderful business that saves lives and prevents a lot of suffering for all I know, but I do know that it would be very inefficient compared to making CBD oil out of even bottom-of-the-line bargain basement Pure Kush so that's going to...um...shall we just politely say "affect the pricing to the retail customer" so I can tell you how sorry I am?

Quote:
South Dakota is 1 of only 4 US states
OH!! ! You four don't even exist as far as the marketing would lead random wannabe helpful strangers on the internet to believe. :'''(

The "new reality" is kind of surreal at times. I'm worried about the small farmers and so terrified that we're going to wind up with "Colonel McMarijuana" that I flat out refused to go to the weed store for months after the phrase "recreational patient" was supposed to mean the strains or brands or whatever they could sell you even though it sounds like a really mean insult when "hypochondriac" is already mean enough.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2018, 8:26 am

There was a vape shop in Rapid City selling CBD oil supposedly made from lichen, of all things. I have no idea how effective it actually was, but the police came and since there was a question about its legality in the state the store agreed to take it off the shelves and the cops agreed not to charge them with anything.

AQ38

18 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm

Quote:
the store agreed to take it off the shelves and the cops agreed not to charge them with anything.

Which is, of course, how the law actually works in real life in spite of all the pretty statutes and pretty lies about fairness and justice. I've always been pro-legalization but I never could have imagined this.

Mentally insert Peter Tosh singing "Legalize it, don't Corporatize it......."

WHY can't I just grow some pretty flowers and smoke them with my friends in peace?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Oct 2018, 4:35 pm

AQ38 wrote:
WHY can't I just grow some pretty flowers and smoke them with my friends in peace?
It's legal to grow them in Vermont. Your allowed to have two mature plants & 4 immature 1s. It was like this for people who take medical marijuana but the process to get it approved was kind of complicated. Your doc had to fill out paperwork, then you had to mail it with a fee & have someone review it & approve. Anyways.. marijuana became legal here this summer but there's no system in place to sell it. You can grow thou & it's the same as it was for medical marijuana.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

complexsimple
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2018, 11:29 pm

Hi,
I just came across your topic. I'm almost exactly as you described yourself. I'm sure we would have hit it off as friends in school. I'm antisocial, had few friends and enjoy pot as a way to relax and control anxiety and insomnia. I also started daily use around 19 and am now 39.