Page 12 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 8:21 pm

There seems to be a trade off between loss of a little more executive functioning in exchange for being able to let go of things more easily.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

I'm allergic to marijuana. It makes my heart rate abnormally high, gives me intense hallucinations and could cause me to die if taken in large enough quantities.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 10:47 pm

JohnnyLurg wrote:
I'm allergic to marijuana. It makes my heart rate abnormally high, gives me intense hallucinations and could cause me to die if taken in large enough quantities.

Doesn't sound like an allergic reaction to me. Allergic reactions are symptoms like the following:

Skin rash
Hives
Itching
Fever
Swelling
Shortness of breath
Wheezing
Runny nose
Itchy, watery eyes

Tachycardia and hallucinations sound like you have simply consumed too much THC and unless you have a preexisting heart condition you aren't likely to die. CBD mitigates these effects you describe but many strains you find on the street are mostly high in THC and low in CBD.

Tamatoa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2017, 9:15 am

Have you guys ever tried using cannabis for medical purposes? I have been diagnosed with asperger's syndrome for almost a year now and I've been searching any alternative medicine that can help me then i came across this article that says marijuana can be used to treat and lower the risk of having aspergers. I've been planning to try this kind of strain here in ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/orange-diesel/ but i have no idea where to start or buy. Can you guys give me any tips or any ideas that can help me? Thank you!

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 9:37 am

Tamatoa wrote:
Have you guys ever tried using cannabis for medical purposes? I have been diagnosed with asperger's syndrome for almost a year now and I've been searching any alternative medicine that can help me then i came across this article that says marijuana can be used to treat and lower the risk of having aspergers. I've been planning to try this kind of strain here in ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/orange-diesel/ but i have no idea where to start or buy. Can you guys give me any tips or any ideas that can help me? Thank you!

I haven't tried it myself and I'm not much of an expert but I have had times where I looked up water vapors for smoking marijuana since my ex-boyfriend and fiancé smoke cannabis which got me interested. If you're into vaping, you could look up some guides and articles on vaporizing with medical marijuana. Also, welcome to Wrong Planet!

medicaljane.com wrote:
Vaporizing, as it applies to medical marijuana, is the process of heating dried cannabis to a temperature just below its combustion point of 392°F. Although vaporizers have been around for some time now, it is only in the last five to ten years that the benefits of vaporization have become widely known.

Proper cannabis use has noticeable health benefits. In fact, nearly all of the health issues and problems associated with potentially harmful smoke (including carcinogens, tar, etc.) can be avoided if the herb is only heated to the point where the desired cannabinoids (typically found in the resin of the flower), are released without igniting/destroying the material. This is precisely what a vaporizer does.

Accordingly, a variety of devices have flooded the market. In fact, today there are numerous products to help facilitate this process including pen vaporizers, portable vaporizers, and stationary vaporizers. Despite the wide selection, all vaporizers consist of a heating source and a delivery system. Here we will explore each of the different types of vaporizers, heating sources, delivery systems, and look at which are the preferred choices for patients approaching vaporizing from a health/wellness perspective.

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Dec 2017, 3:14 pm

ganja helped me both find God and make friends. I unfortunately lost those friends, but oh well it was a good experience. You have to respect it and meditate and look at the stars and read or else you're wasting it.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm

Tamatoa wrote:
Yes I have a legal prescription in Canada for weed, I use it to help with appetite, chronic nausea, chronic pain, asthma, anxiety, mood swings, sleep, IBS and stress. No one strain helps in all these areas so I use a combination of strains and pick which one corresponds with the symptoms I am struggling with the most at the time. I use a vaporizer to vaporize dried cannabis, CBD oil which I place under my tongue and topicala that I apply directly to area of my body hurting the most. I don't really use edibles nor do I smoke or dab concentrates.

For anxiety associated with autism, I find the CBD oil helps the best.

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2017, 5:05 pm

Rasta wrote:
The quality of the herb definitely matters... probably more so for people with aspergers since you can have chemical sensitivities. I heard that some people spray it with windex so it holds extra weight. I don't smoke out of metal pipes anymore (usually joints) & I only buy from people I'm familiar with.

I find some weed makes me think too much, too quickly and I'm not able to refine and simplify my statements. Some weed helps me just slow right down and meditate. Some of the best meditation experiences I've had were after smoking cannabis.

Weed holds a special place in my heart, I know many business man smoke weed. It's such simple of a drug that can have huge creative benefits once your used to it's affects. Also I predict that it's got some anti-radiation affect which is why they used it at the Chernobyl Incident.

I find I am more receptive to quality when I'm stoned as well, and eat more nutritiously. Also I last way longer fapping, so I'm sure it makes sex better (even though I don't masterbate anymore! :P).

I also believe it was mentioned several times in the bible, it's great to read from the bible stoned.

ganja holds a special place in my heart too.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?

eepstein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2018, 10:51 pm

I have been smoking weed every day for about 2 years or so, and I have to say it has its ups and it's downs. The only down really is that I have become to rely on it at this point. Don't get me wrong i'm not too crazy, I smoke once in the afternoon and use it mainly just to relax. It calms me down. So i typically will use it if im fed up feeling a certain way, because its the only way i can distract myself. So if i had a panic attack earlier and im still feeling anxious by say 3:30, Ill smoke to just calm down and sit and write, or come on wrong planet and ultimately just try to do something that makes me feel calm as well, and then I can spend the rest of the day not feeling like that. It's a sh***y cycle, and I am trying to use a vaporizer only in the future, because right now I cant afford it. I kind of would just rather use marijuana other than different medications. In highschool, I was put on lexapro, and lithium and it didnt seem to work. probably because that wasn't what I needed. The lexapro I feel made a difference on my anxiety in school, but not majorly. It didnt help my depression, and I still had regular panic attacks, which looking back were probably me just generally shutting down from life. I dont know if those will ever go away but I hope. Anyways, I always make sure I do allot of research before I do anything in my life, so obviously I made myself a marijuana expert. I always like to know what i'm smoking, and it always comes from a medical dispensary. That wassnt always the case when i first started smoking but mainly just because the weed came from a friend.

Everything affects everyone differently, so before anyone tries something especially thc because you do never know how your bodys going to react, test it out slowly, treat it just as you would other prescription medications and gradually introduce it to your body by taking a little bit and increase the amount until you find "the right high". Also figure out what works for you, there is cbd oils, and even herb that is cbd dominant, giving you typically a mild relaxation, and can relive many symptoms in people like pain relief, and headaches. I will rub a cbd oil on my temples when I have a headache and it is honestly lovely. I have had chronic headaches for at least 5 years now, and usually survive on coffee and Excedrin.

I know this was from a while ago, and I wrote allot but I just wanted to share my unique relationship with weed, and other drugs i guess haha

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:06 pm

I can't overstate the benefits of CBD.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 4:00 am

cberg wrote:
I can't overstate the benefits of CBD.

I found 4 bottles of CBD on Saturday (they were in a bag in a recycling centre) and I tried some on Sunday, within 10 minutes I was feeling more relaxed and less depressed. People say that it won't get you high but I felt a little stoned.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:51 am

I smoke occasionally or lately once every few months. Varies.
I find to get high, I have to do breathing exercises beforehand as I've had anxiety almost all my life, I tend to naturally breathe very shallow. I also find that I have to smoke a large amount or it will have no affect on me. I first smoked weed when I was 18. I stopped for four years because of a (very abusive) relationship and came back to smoking it occasionally in the last two years. I find that when I am high I am either very emotionally expressive - very happy and peaceful or I feel happy and peaceful, but am expressionless.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 6:07 am

I grew up smoking a lot of pot, but I can't any more; it makes me feel like curling up in a ball in a deep dark hole and pulling the sod over me.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

A friend gave me a bottle of CBD to try. Start at 1 drop he said. So I tried. The instructions said you could go up to 5 drops a day. I stopped at 4. I didn't notice anything, except that it tasted like vegetable broth. I gave him back what was left of the bottle.

Tomorrow pot is legal across all Canada. Having been in the military in a 'flight safety' role where spot testing could be done, I never tried it. I have no interest now that I'm retired either.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:47 am

Not me. I hate the smell of the stuff. Everything smells like a big litter box.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 5:26 am

Spent a lot of my teenage years smoking green. I think in the end it didn't help with depression though. Been around 12 years since I did it now, quite fancy another go though