Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

I was wondering why it is called Wrong Planet. Who is on the wrong planet?

Gennette22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2011, 11:01 pm

I agree. I feel that in my case it should be something along the lines of "Wrong Species". Life is wonderful and I love being here, but I don't particularly enjoy the company of humans as much as I want to be with animals. Birds are fascinating to me...I was watching a pair of Osprey build their nest the other day and I couldn't take my eyes off of them. I actually found myself wishing I could be up there helping them.

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2011, 1:18 am

The person who created this site probably had a idea similar to this video...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9eATBV-_lg[/youtube]

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 1:24 am

If I'm not mistaken, the idea was brought about by the Vulcans from Star Trek.

Quote:
Though Spock’s insight helps the crew face challenges, he is criticized for being impassive and labeled an “unfeeling automaton.”

So too have those with ASD been habitually misunderstood, their reluctance to socialize mistaken for aloofness, their difficulty making eye contact interpreted as signs of deviousness. Emotions run deep in half-Vulcans and persons with autism alike, even if they are not always apparent to the untrained eye.

Honestly, I think it's the best description of AS there is. I don't view myself as disabled, I view myself almost as a different species, from a totally different world.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jun 2011, 1:39 am

SammichEater wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the idea was brought about by the Vulcans from Star Trek.

Quote:
Though Spock’s insight helps the crew face challenges, he is criticized for being impassive and labeled an “unfeeling automaton.”

So too have those with ASD been habitually misunderstood, their reluctance to socialize mistaken for aloofness, their difficulty making eye contact interpreted as signs of deviousness. Emotions run deep in half-Vulcans and persons with autism alike, even if they are not always apparent to the untrained eye.

Honestly, I think it's the best description of AS there is. I don't view myself as disabled, I view myself almost as a different species, from a totally different world.

Where did you find that?