Songs that everyone seems to like, but you

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

awes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Katatonic wrote:
That Fireworks song by Katy Perry. I heard it in WalMart the other day and felt like such an idiot walking to that song.

Anyone else hate it when they're walking in a store and some stupid song is playing over head (particularly a poppy up-beat dance song) and it feels like your walking to the beat? I remember walking along to that Night Fever song by the BeeGees one time and felt so humiliated because my walking was in complete sync with the beat of the song.

Hell, yes! It feels like getting raped! And somehow you always feel like being watched by everybody even if nobody looks at you xD
I hate it!

---> ;D http://www.youtube.com/user/IIIIIawesIIIII

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!

tapedeckghost5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

awes wrote:
tapedeckghost5 wrote:
I hate Neutral Milk Hotel and The Beatles.

I've never heard of "Neutral Milk Hotel", but after being hearing Beatles songs for two years fanatically I'm also grown tired of it.
Most of the Lennon/Mccartney songs are not even of a high quality. It's really only pop. That means that it superficial sounds good but not in that cold and hypocrit-hip way as today but in a warm and pleasant way. but many only McCartney songs are really good. (blackbird, Yesterday, Let it be, The Fool on the Hill, For No One, Here There And Everywhere, The Long And Winding Road, Michelle, Mother Natures Son, Penny Lane) You should try some of them. But John Lennon surely was a Pop whore.

To me actually Bruno Mars is the greatest pop-whore of 2011. Even the many people who hate Justin Bieber seem to like him.
But in fact his music is such a big fake, nothing is real about his music, it's just fitting in what the manipulable teens want to feel.
Yeah, and Katy Perry is very similar to that. Plus she focuses on the animal in women and men.
They all try to fit in the stereotype picture of sympathy to make their sexual appeal look not so offensive, so it's not embarassing for younger persons who anyway get attracted by this appeal to hear this music. Sick phoneys xD

I agree 100% that John Lennon was a total "pop whore".

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 7:49 am

Jory wrote:
"Sellout" implies that a band had artistic integrity in the first place.

I'm not gonna lie. I used to like them when I was younger. However, this comment deserves a Touché