Do you ever feel euphoria for no reason?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

Actually, I believe it's quite common among NT's too. At least while listening to music. Apparently it's called an 'eargasm.'

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:25 am

Hi ScienceOfSound,

I often feel euphoria for no easily discernable reason. With moderate levels of euphoria, I assume the reason is either inadvertent Pavlovian or Operant Conditioning. Different variations similar to euphoria can often easily be conditioned with Skinnerian schedules of reinforcement, if more than coincidental chance experiences are desired (as Marcel Proust discovered with tea and morsel crumbs: "An exquisite pleasure invaded my senses.").

Much more intense divine sensation levels of euphoria and/or ecstasy from the aura of my temporal lobe epilepsy are often experienced by me. I can't condition, trigger, nor stop, these frequent daily simple partial seizures. They seem multifaceted, but much like Dostoevsky's Epilepsy and the aura of pleasure. If the page translates, this, and "The Idiot" Prince Myshkin's, epilepsy, simplifies some of this:
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script= ... so&tlng=en
and more brief descriptions at:
http://www.charge.org.uk/htmlsite/dost.shtml

The common comorbidity of, or relationship/overlap with, Asperger's Syndrome/Autism and TLE, and the differentiations, if they're independent, are all controversial:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 5007000029

Tadzio

Last edited by Tadzio on 26 Jun 2011, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

euphoria, like being happy or something?

i can go through random happy bursts for no reason if that counts.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 5:54 am

Sometimes I have them for no reason at all, and the positive moods last for weeks, and during that time I hardly sleep and I'm hyper all the time. I don't think its bipolar because I'm rarely depressed, and if I am its only for a short amount of time (a day or something) and then I feel better.

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jun 2011, 6:31 am

I think the definition really depends.I think I do but it's a spiritual feeling.Like lastnight, I was at starbucks and some really good rasta music came on.I totally lost track of my thoughts and the conversation that was stopped before I noticed the music.I just felt all soft inside.I kinda leaned back and became at one with the sound.I tried to ask how I could buy the album.I get euphoria from really good music or some really good written wisdom.I can get extreme euphoria randomly but that is a spiritual experience to me.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2011, 9:04 am

Almost always.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

After running sometimes!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2011, 6:59 pm

Of course, like right now, when people post things I can relate to.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Well, now that you mention it, I sometimes do get a feeling of euphoria after reading something I can relate to. Probably because it doesn't happen very often. :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2011, 7:27 pm

SammichEater wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Well, now that you mention it, I sometimes do get a feeling of euphoria after reading something I can relate to. Probably because it doesn't happen very often. :lol:

I know! :)

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 10:27 pm

I do. Usually when I'm home alone or riding in the car alone and I'm just talking to myself or singing or something. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person :? I'll often feel that way when I'm listening to music, too.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Jun 2011, 11:09 pm

It happens to me if I drink alot of coffee, dont eat and exercise.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:13 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Actually, I believe it's quite common among NT's too. At least while listening to music. Apparently it's called an 'eargasm.'

Oh the synesthetics must go wild with music!

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jun 2011, 12:57 am

Yes, especially when visiting art museums or making art.

INTJ.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:35 am

I have. But it's rare. It only happens when I have a humongous, "holy s**t!" level epiphany. Last time that happened was around 2005.

ezekiel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2011, 6:30 pm

Yes, I often notice that I have been somewhat euphoric for 5 to 30 minutes, but it almost always is followed by either an autistic overwhelmed state or a long bad headache behind my eyes and nose. Often it seems to match up with tea or coffee--not other sources of caffeine.