Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

Alright, so this thread is for writing a long story. Any user can contribute. What we do is the original poster (me) will write anything from a short sentence to a long passage and the next poster will do the same, continuing the original story. The other posters do not need to know the original plot. This is to see where the story goes. Let's start!

Rowan tried to open her window, to no avail. It was summer in Los Angeles and the temperature was soaring. The power went out and her room was stuffy. Dammit, she thought. She considered having a drink from the fridge, but it can only stay cold for so long without power.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 9:03 pm

Frustrated, Rowan left her apartment. "If I'm going to suffer through this heat," she thought, "I should at least go out where I can get a breeze." She found herself walking down Gower, amused at the sight of lost tourists as she smirked, shaking her head. She arrived at Sunset, and tried to decide which way to go. That's when she saw Danny.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 9:24 pm

Danny was shivering in the heat - a sure sign that he might be desperate for a fix.

"Row! Baby!", he shouted. "Help out a brother?"

"Man, you're one sad case. How long?"

"Since Tiko got busted ... yesterday ... no, day before ... I dunno ... whaddaya got?"

"I got nothin for you, 'cept the back of my hand! You told me you were going clean!"

"Yeah, baby, I know ... listen, all I need is a little sumpin-sumpin til tomorrow ..."

"Look, honey, I'm broke."

He looked her up and down, and whispered "You got sumpin ta sell..."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

travisl5678
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jun 2011, 1:12 am

You kinda killed it :)

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:30 am

travisl5678 wrote:
You kinda killed it :)

This was not where I was expecting the story to go. Wow. Just wow.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 6:23 am

Rowan slapped Danny's face.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 10:06 am

"Damn! What part of ROLE PLAYING don't you understand?" cried Danny, rubbing his red, throbbing cheek.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 1:44 am

"This is a Dungeons and Dragons meetup,not THAT type of roleplay, shyte-for-brains," explained Rowan.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 2:34 am

Danny's mouth opened as if to respond to her, when he began trembling again, and his eyes filled with tears. Burying his face in his hands, he wept, "God... What happened me... How did I get like this..."
Part of Rowan urged her hand toward the addict's shoulder, but stopped herself, knowing better than to get intertwined with another lost soul, again. Walking away while trying not to look at Danny, who now had slumped on his ass to the sidewalk where his shoulders heaved with each sob, she thought to herself, Too much of anything, even if it's too much heart, is never a good thing. She had learned that already the hard way.

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 11:52 am

"Where are you going?" Danny Asked
"I'm looking for one of those Arnold Palmer tall cans, I want one that's still cold. I'm willing to kill for one." Replied Rowan
"Calm down, look I work at a grocery store, there's no place that still has a cold one, power's been out too long." Said Danny
"DAMMIT!" Rowan yelled
"Listen we still might be able to find some ice though, and maybe a cooler, we get a lukewarm can of the stuff put it in a cooler with some ice, all we have to do is wait 30 minutes and you get your can." Said Danny
"That's brilliant! Where can I get some ice?" Asked Rowan
"At the nearest gas station." Said Danny while pointing off into the distance.
"Hey! Who's that four foot tall pirate coming towards us?"
"Yarg I be a galactic pirate from the planet Yousefolon 5, give me yer booty." Said the little space pirate.
Rowan lightly clasped her hands together "Stand back I got this."
"DARKURAI ENERGY BALL!" An energy ball enveloped the little space pirate and enshrouded the area in a thick smoke.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 12:10 am

"Hold on." Danny fixed his gaze on Rowan, his expression clouding with suspicion. "If you can create your own energy, can't you restore the power? You're like a living generator!"

Rowan stared at the floor and traced a squiggly line in the dust with her toe. Slowly, her pale lips twisted into a devious grin, and she stared at her friend with wild eyes. A small laugh escaped her, and was soon followed by another, and another, until she gave way to a bout of cackling.

Horrified, Danny took a step back. "It was you, wasn't it? You're the one the neighbors have told me about ever since I moved here!"

"So you've figured it out, have you?" Rowan continued to drag her toe through the dusty floor, and drew what appeared to be a tree. "I suppose they told you the old legend."

Danny swallowed hard. "They said a woman lured them to the lake and..." Unnerved by the woman's growing grin, Danny took another step back.

"That's not all correct. I lure them to my home, and then..." Rowan poke the squiggly line with her toe. "I dump their bodies here."

Why can't I move? The thought came to Danny as he locked eyes with the woman, whose pallid features became more sinister by the minute. I need to run.

"OH, COME ON!" Mr. Sulzbach threw his hands in the air, sending bits of popcorn flying to the theater floor.

"Honey! Be quiet!" Mrs. Sulzbach hissed as she glanced around at her fellow patrons; several moviegoers glared at the couple from behind oversized buckets of popcorn.

"Danny knows he's about to die! But he ain't leaving! This man is stupid!"

"That man is a fictional character." Susan slapped her husband on the arm, ignoring the shushes being uttered from the third row.

"He's stupid! Honey, if you were Danny, what would you do? Would you stand there with your mouth open and stare at Row—Rowena—"

"Rowan—"

"Or would you run for your life? 'Cause if I were Danny—"

"Shaaaddup!"

A group of teenage boys chuckled in the back row, high-fiving their loudmouthed friend as he sat back down.

"QUIT YELLING AT ME AND GET YOURSELF A HAIRCUT! YOU LOOK LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER'S POODLE ON BATH DAY!"

"Kentigern Sulzbach!"

The tone of Susan's voice nearly quelled her husband's rants, but Mr. Sulzbach decided he wasn't finished yet.

"Look, I just had to pay eight bucks for a bucket of popcorn, and this movie your mother recommended it turning out to be a real stinker! I'm just gonna say it! Your mother has awful taste!"

Susan buried her face in her hands. "And she says the same thing to me..."

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 11:21 pm

Then shots rang out. Susan screamed as the young man fired his weapon.
Susan dropped behind the seat in front of her and reached for her phone. She fumbled to open her purse and began to dial 911. She couldn't even hear if the operator answered or not, her ears were ringing from the gunfire.

Her husband had withdrawn his Glock 40cal S&W which he always carried and fired 2 shots into the boy. The attacker crumpled to the floor. People were panicking and screaming.

"Susan" he bellowed.

"Oh my God are you alright?" she yelled.

"Oh, Susan are you hurt? his voice cracked with worry.

"What the Hell is going on? I can't believe this!! !" Susan exclaimed.

"When we get out of here we are going back to your mother's house and give her supreme s**t for this movie recommendation!" he retorted with a terse look upon his face.