What are your worst experiences in school?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

pasty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2016, 10:49 am

I have Selective Mutism, and that condition was not understood (or even heard of) when I was a kid. I was unable to communicate verbally or otherwise. I wet my pants several times a day because I could not ask to go to the bathroom. In first grade, I was pulled out of public school and put into a special school for kids with behavioral problems. They acted terribly all the time. I needed a quiet and calm environment, and they pulled me out of school to put me in an even worse environment, making my condition even worse. I wanted to die. The teacher punished me physically for not speaking. They had me sit in a desk in the corner and built a cardboard wall around it so that I could not see when my mom had arrived to take me home, because I would get up and run to her immediately to escape my hell. Sometimes I would pull out a hair (I had long hair) and twirl it around my little finger to make a spring that I could tinker with to occupy my time for the entire day. The teacher would take it away from me and throw it away. I had to sit there isolated and bored all day every day and get a paddling every time I was asked a question and was unable to communicate. Finally, they decided to put me in an institution, so an IQ test was administered. It turned out I was extremely gifted, and they put me back in public school to start the second grade. Their conclusion: I was really smart, so I must just not feel like talking, and that's ok. WTF? I still didn't get the help I needed. I continued to wet my pants in public school. I continued to hold in my coughs (in fear of being heard) until my eyes watered severely and I felt like I was choking to death. I continued to stay hungry because I could not eat in front of other people. The experience scarred me for life. Just thinking about it makes me incredibly depressed and angry.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 7:51 pm

I did not get accepted to the middle school I applied to and I had to go to a different one that was also fun but I didn't want to go there
Eventually the teachers realized that this wasn't the school for me and I switched to another school which I loved but while I was still in my old middle school I just hated how everyone was always scared that I would ruin projects because I just wasn't doing great in school and they would always.tell me to really try my best at everything that was happening with am emphasis on "really" which I just hated because it was the opposite of motivational.

I'm so glad I got to switch schools because I was REALLY tired of my old classmates.

AnodyneInsect
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2016, 7:51 pm

Being sexually molested in class and the entire class laughing at me and supporting my attacker.

Pterodactyl Pete
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2019, 11:11 am

(not really in school but in summer camp)

I was at this summer camp that had cooking as an activity (I was helping there.) We were cooking eggs and toast, and as usual, I was goofing around saying "TOAST" over and over again like a zombie. Eventually I broke out in laughter and I peed in my underwear (not a lot, but also not just one drop.) I tries holding it in, but my laughter kept causing my pee reflex. So I had to stuff toilet paper in my underwear and I walked around like a penguin! (I feel bad for the other helpers and workers.) LOL :lol: :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 11:16 am

On my first day of Kindergarten we had free time to play with all the toys. I went to a plastic train set because my brother had the same one at home, and I liked it. I was sat playing with it when my teacher came over and picked me up by my ponytail. She lifted me straight off the ground, then spanked me. She yelled in front of the whole class that I wasn't to play with the train because it was "blue" which meant it was a "boys' toy". Some of the kids laughed, likely from nervousness. I was sent to play House with the girls, who gave me weird looks and didn't seem to like me. I hid outside the corner of the House activity, crying.