Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you have sleep disturbances or difficulty with sleep in general?
Yes-- severely. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Yes-- severely. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Yes-- bad, but not severe. 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Yes-- bad, but not severe. 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Yes-- somewhat. 18%  18%  [ 19 ]
Yes-- somewhat. 18%  18%  [ 19 ]
No-- not at all. 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
No-- not at all. 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 108

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 8:08 am

Here the second one! Do you have sleep disturbances? I.e. trouble falling asleep, keeping a regular sleeping schedule, waking up a lot during sleep, severe nightmares, etc. Any kind of sleep-related problem.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 11:04 am

I tend to only have sleep problems when my anxieties get high. But as long as life is good and I'm calm, sleep is pretty average for me I'd say. So I voted "somewhat".

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 11:05 am

Sometimes I take a long time (maybe an hour), but it isn't that usual.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 11:18 am

I wake up constantly during the night, and sometimes can't fall asleep if my mind is "noisy" or racing.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 11:23 am

en_una_isla wrote:
...and sometimes can't fall asleep if my mind is "noisy" or racing.

That's exactly what happens to me.
Actually I'd have more trouble sleeping if I weren't dead tired by bedtime (I have to get up at 5:30 to get to school).

mullion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2006, 12:50 pm

Don't know hpw to rate this one - I sleep well most nights but I take tricyclics (old style anti-depressants) & have done for 8 and a half years. Without these I cannot sleep so I suppose in reality I do have a severe sleep problem. :(

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 12:58 pm

"Bad", it takes me a long time to go to sleep and recently I've gone whole nights. Then I'm tired in the morning.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 12:59 pm

I will be sort of tired at about 10pm, but by 10:30 I'm wide awake again, until around 3am. And as going to bed at 10pm will never happen unless I'm ill, I think I 'somewhat' have a sleep problem.

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 2:04 pm

I said 'somewhat', but if there was a .7somewhat it would be more accurate. I can't really say I have no sleep problems of any kind, because I don't do normal sleep. I just don't consider it a problem that I get less that 8 hours sleep in a night. If I get too much sleep it's a real problem, though.

I get a few recurring nightmares, some problems falling asleep if I'm stressed, or have eaten too recently. I also live in a city that's not nearly as quiet as where I grew up and get awakened several times during a typical nght, but I always fall back to sleep quickly. I also dream heavily every night. Any of that could be a problem if it happened constantly, but I beleive this is normal for most people, right? My sleep pattern is not that out of whack, compared to anyone else. Add in those NORMAL people with serious financial, legal, or marital problems to the mix and I sleep like a warm, well fed, dry bottom baby.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 2:29 pm

Sometimes I can't get to sleep if there's talking going on, temperature isn't good (like it's too hot), or if there's lots of noise going on at different times. I don't think they can be counted as bad sleep problems, however. Sometimes, however, when I take naps, I wake up with my legs suddenly jerking up a little and I knock myself out of bed (I don't know if it's a sleep-related problem, though; maybe it's an epileptic problem instead of sleep-related).

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 3:39 pm

ive never had trouble sleeping. sleeping loves me

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2006, 4:01 pm

well, i put somewhat because i believe that in someway there is at least one day where we have problems sleeping. I don't usually have any problems sleeping of any kind, but on days that I am very excitied or nervous about the next day, that is when I will have problems sleeping. I always plan on going to bed by 11, but by that time I'm not usually tired. So I end up going to bed between 12 and 1.

simon2wright
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2006, 4:50 pm

I have problems sleeping, even as a child I would not get to sleep until 3 or 4am and then feel tired all day at school.

Mnemosyne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 6:16 pm

I used to have a lot of difficulty falling asleep, which started when I was very young and never stopped throughout the years. About 4 years ago, I started seeing a psychologist who specialized in anxiety disorders, and he told me that I absolutely HAD to cut caffeine out of my diet to help deal with the anxiety.

It took a long time, and was very difficult, but I eventually stopped consuming any caffeine. Once I did that, all my sleep problems magically disappeared. I voted "somewhat" in the poll though, because I still have a lot of trouble with nightmares.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 8:12 pm

I have always had problems with getting to sleep and haveing regular sleep cycle. My mind never seems to want to sleep alway thinking about something.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 11:22 pm

The problem I have is that I can never seem to fall asleep when I want to.

I can sleep a full 8 hrs one night, wake up, and be dead tired after only six hours and go back to bed and sleep another 12.

Other times I'll be up for 20 hrs straight after sleep for 8.

makes no sense if you ask me.