Do you get confused with WP members? I get confused

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:47 am

Yes! (Sorry sluice and solving)

But I used to mix those 2 up....but now I don't.

Haha, I just realized something. :oops:

Nick007, and cdfox7....I may have called cdfox007 instead :lol:

Also Tally man and Booyakasha, but they do a pretty good job of being separate if that makes any sense?

Finally, this is really weird...but...do you ever mix up the gender of some people? For instance, I first thought cockneyrebel was a boy, but then I think I looked at their profile and got the impression that they were a girl, but I think I looked again and they are a boy. I forget easily. :roll: :oops:

identity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 8:17 am

It confuses me sometimes when people change their avatar. Also I have been a bit mixed up about a couple of people's gender :?

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 8:21 am

identity wrote:
It confuses me sometimes when people change their avatar. Also I have been a bit mixed up about a couple of people's gender :?

Surprisingly that doesn't mix me up, but it is half annoying/ half interesting when people do that.

Thank you! I am not the only person who gets confused about that! You do not know how happy that makes me. :lol:

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 8:24 am

chrissyrun wrote:
identity wrote:

Surprisingly that doesn't mix me up, but it is half annoying/ half interesting when people do that.

Thank you! I am not the only person who gets confused about that! You do not know how happy that makes me. :lol:

I think some people on here are quite fluid about their gender, and do change it on their profiles. Or they are just being deliberately confusing.

I should stop changing my avatar, but I get bored of looking at the same picture.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 8:34 am

Moog wrote:
I confuse TallyMan and Booyakasha

I don't even recognise those names. Their avatars would probably be familiar though.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:08 am

^ Well their avatars are both the same :P

I used to confuse some people, a while back, but now I don't really.
Sometimes I am actually surprised when I look at their gender on their profile. And also I seem to instinctually guess the location of some people who don't disclose their location on their profile.

Though I'm usually wrong with that.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:20 am

i confuse people all the time, especially if they don't use an avatar.

i am terrible at guessing gender, as apparently i am not able to discern much from writing style.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

Henbane wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
identity wrote:

I think some people on here are quite fluid about their gender, and do change it on their profiles. Or they are just being deliberately confusing.

I should stop changing my avatar, but I get bored of looking at the same picture.

The guys who have a female photo as their avatar really confuse me. I'm halfway through the post when I realise it's a guy and then I remember that I'd worked that out before. Also, sometimes I think it could be a photo of the user, if I'm unfamilar with the famous person in their avatar.
I'm not in my avatar :lol: I'm not sure how popular the IT Crowd is around the globe.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

Moog wrote:
I confuse TallyMan and Booyakasha

So do I :P

Actually one of us is charming, intelligent and compassionate and the other one is me. :wink:

<-- That is me in the photo. Or is it Booyakasha? I forget. :scratch:

Ah I remember now, Booyakasha has more chin stubble and is built like a lumberjack. :P

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I'm not sure how popular the IT Crowd is around the globe.

The IT Crowd should be compulsory viewing for all. Part of the national curriculum. As should Spaced.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

chrissyrun wrote:
identity wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one aswell :D

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

Henbane wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I'm not sure how popular the IT Crowd is around the globe.

The IT Crowd should be compulsory viewing for all. Part of the national curriculum. As should Spaced.

They should show Brass Eye to school kids.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Henbane wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
identity wrote:

The guys who have a female photo as their avatar really confuse me. I'm halfway through the post when I realise it's a guy and then I remember that I'd worked that out before. Also, sometimes I think it could be a photo of the user, if I'm unfamilar with the famous person in their avatar.
I'm not in my avatar :lol: I'm not sure how popular the IT Crowd is around the globe.

Henbane I really like your current avatar. I should get one myself soon really I just get too indecisive, it's silly.

Mummy_of_Peanut I do that aswell. I like the bits I've seen of the IT Crowd, mmmm I wonder if it's on 4od............

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:39 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

Me too (to the first sentence), and vice versa. Of course, people seem to think I'm a girl regardless. :P
But that reminds me, on another forum I had pictures of Naveen Andrews (from Lost) in my sig for a while, until I got sick of people asking if it was me. Seriously, who hasn't seen Lost? I don't even have a TV and I've seen Lost (and the IT Crowd). :lol:

identity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

^^I've never seen Lost, I just wasn't really bothered about it :shrug: :oops:

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Zen wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

Me too (to the first sentence), and vice versa. Of course, people seem to think I'm a girl regardless. :P
But that reminds me, on another forum I had pictures of Naveen Andrews (from Lost) in my sig for a while, until I got sick of people asking if it was me. Seriously, who hasn't seen Lost? I don't even have a TV and I've seen Lost (and the IT Crowd). :lol:

OMG! All this time I though you were a girl

And Lost lost me halfway :P... Get out of the damned island already ppl :roll: