Do you get confused with WP members? I get confused

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Zen wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
The guys who have a female photo as their avatar really confuse me. I'm halfway through the post when I realise it's a guy and then I remember that I'd worked that out before. Also, sometimes I think it could be a photo of the user, if I'm unfamilar with the famous person in their avatar.
I'm not in my avatar :lol: I'm not sure how popular the IT Crowd is around the globe.

Me too (to the first sentence), and vice versa. Of course, people seem to think I'm a girl regardless. :P
But that reminds me, on another forum I had pictures of Naveen Andrews (from Lost) in my sig for a while, until I got sick of people asking if it was me. Seriously, who hasn't seen Lost? I don't even have a TV and I've seen Lost (and the IT Crowd). :lol:

OMG! All this time I though you were a girl

And Lost lost me halfway :P... Get out of the damned island already ppl :roll:

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

pree10shun wrote:
Zen wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
The guys who have a female photo as their avatar really confuse me. I'm halfway through the post when I realise it's a guy and then I remember that I'd worked that out before. Also, sometimes I think it could be a photo of the user, if I'm unfamilar with the famous person in their avatar.
I'm not in my avatar :lol: I'm not sure how popular the IT Crowd is around the globe.

Me too (to the first sentence), and vice versa. Of course, people seem to think I'm a girl regardless. :P
But that reminds me, on another forum I had pictures of Naveen Andrews (from Lost) in my sig for a while, until I got sick of people asking if it was me. Seriously, who hasn't seen Lost? I don't even have a TV and I've seen Lost (and the IT Crowd). :lol:

SEE! :lol:

Same here.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

face_of_boo and Toadofsteel

but im getting better cos boo suddenly got a bit funnier

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:15 pm

I confuse members with similar names or similar avatars. Then there is this one person, who doesn't post very often, but he has a female as his avatar and he is male, but I always think he is female because his avatar is a young women. I think it's a picture of his special interest though.

It's pretty obvious that I am girl by looking at my username, however, there is a man and a girl in my avatar so that could confuse people I guess.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
I confuse members with similar names or similar avatars. Then there is this one person, who doesn't post very often, but he has a female as his avatar and he is male, but I always think he is female because his avatar is a young women. I think it's a picture of his special interest though.

It's pretty obvious that I am girl by looking at my username, however, there is a man and a girl in my avatar so that could confuse people I guess.

I assumed you were conjoined twins.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

Not generally speaking, no. Or if it does happen, I tend not to notice.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

Tequila wrote:
Not generally speaking, no. Or if it does happen, I tend not to notice.

I confuse you with cockney rebel don't know why :shrug:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 6:59 am

pree10shun wrote:

My very unionist avatar?

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 8:15 am

I get confused when people change their avatars.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 8:20 am

Zen wrote:
pree10shun wrote:
Zen wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

SEE! :lol:

Same here.

I also thought you were a girl, for a few weeks, before you said something that made it obvious you weren't.

And Lost was utter pants.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 3:02 pm

I once confused two members who had chosen the exact same cartoon penguin avatar. One day they were having an argument with each other in PPR and I got incredibly confused. It looked like one person arguing with himself because every post in the argument had the same cartoon penguin avatar but the viewpoints were opposite.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Tequila wrote:
pree10shun wrote:

My very unionist avatar?

Probably.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

Moog wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:

I assumed you were conjoined twins.

Really?

The man IS a Gemini (the Twins). :)

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

Janissy wrote:
I once confused two members who had chosen the exact same cartoon penguin avatar. One day they were having an argument with each other in PPR and I got incredibly confused. It looked like one person arguing with himself because every post in the argument had the same cartoon penguin avatar but the viewpoints were opposite.

Bipolar person :lol: I got confused when I saw Tallyman and Booyaksha's conversation in a thread and was wondering why the person was praising themself until I saw their usernames...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Probably.

Well, can you suggest anything suitably loyal to replace it? ;)