Even for an Aspie, I am so socially inept. Never had a GF

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

justjelliot wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Oops...just realized I said more women than men when I meant the opposite. Oh well...I think people got my point.

I
justjelliot wrote:
have had nearly the exact opposite experience with online dating. What site do you use? Perhaps I could be of some help. The only problem I have with online dating is not enough time or money to date all the women available.

I've used several different ones, but I guess the one that stands out as being most useless is match.com. Eharmony is a close second.

I hated eharmony. I never paid for it, just a few free weekends, and I thought it stupid I could only message people they matched me to, and the people they matched me to insisted I follow the set format of three questions, must haves can't stands, etc. Match was ok. I recommend you try okcupid. It's free. I would glad to be of some help if you would like, I get, at lowest, a 25 percent return on girls I send messages to responding, so I must be doing something right

Are you sure you're just not really good-looking or make a lot of money lol?

And no (before female posters start attacking me), I don't think women only care about those things, but I feel dating sites are pretty superficial on both ends.

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2011, 5:27 pm

SadAspy wrote:
justjelliot wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Oops...just realized I said more women than men when I meant the opposite. Oh well...I think people got my point.

I
justjelliot wrote:
have had nearly the exact opposite experience with online dating. What site do you use? Perhaps I could be of some help. The only problem I have with online dating is not enough time or money to date all the women available.

I've used several different ones, but I guess the one that stands out as being most useless is match.com. Eharmony is a close second.

I hated eharmony. I never paid for it, just a few free weekends, and I thought it stupid I could only message people they matched me to, and the people they matched me to insisted I follow the set format of three questions, must haves can't stands, etc. Match was ok. I recommend you try okcupid. It's free. I would glad to be of some help if you would like, I get, at lowest, a 25 percent return on girls I send messages to responding, so I must be doing something right

Are you sure you're just not really good-looking or make a lot of money lol?

And no (before female posters start attacking me), I don't think women only care about those things, but I feel dating sites are pretty superficial on both ends.

I am a substitute teacher and grad student. If you do the math, you'll see I'm in debt no matter what, as subs get paid crap, even compared to the crap teachers get.

Am I good looking? Depends who you ask. Some people have told me I am. I personally think I'm average.

All of this really doesn't matter though. What matters are first impressions and how I come across. If I put my best foot forward, and ease into my odder behaviors, in such a way that she already likes me and has something invested, then the quirks and whatnot will be easier to take. They might even be cute or charming.

http://aspiespy.blogspot.com/