Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2014, 5:43 pm

I like to wear form fitting pants, like skinny jeans, yoga pants, jeggings etc. I never wear sweatpants, or loose pants cuz I am thin for my height and they hang on me. I like to wear patterned leggings as pants, but whenever I do, I wear a loose shirt/sweater with it, cuz I do want to look too form-fitting. Shopping for pants is a pain cuz whenever I try on pants, I either have one of these problems:

-The pants fit me in the thighs and butt, but the waist is too big, and there's a big gap.
-The waist looks like it fits, but my thighs and butt are too big, so I can't even fit into the

As for bras, I used to be a 32B, but I could never find that size in the stores, so I would always get a 34, and put the little hook things on the tightest setting. Since I gained weight, a 32B doesn't fit me anymore anyways.

As fro underwear, I don't like the styles that go too high on the waist, cuz if I sit down or bend over, you can see the waistband. Also, I was thinking of getting a thong to avoid panty lines, but they look super uncomfortable and I would probably feel like a stripper if I put one on.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:40 pm

i like wearing tights or leggings sometimes. especially with shaved legs, it's just so brisk.
and with shaved legs and shorts, the air feels amazing.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 9:12 pm

I find wearing bras difficult. I just can't seem to find anything that isn't too tight or too loose. D: I do have a hard time wearing tight clothes, and everything has to be loose for me. I can't even have tight shoes because my feet feel like they are suffocating.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 12:47 am

^yeah, i can't have tight shoe either. for me the rule of thumb seems to be, the more formal, the more suffocating it is.

i need my wiggle room!! !!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 3:21 pm

I like:
Tight singlets or vests (I like compression on my midsection)
Soft, cotton, fitted man-style shirts
Blue, black and grey
Loose-fitting t-shirts
Boys trunk style underwear
Plain, boring bras (sexy, I know)
Stretch jeans or cargo style shorts
Socks worn inside out
Men's shoes. Vans are my favourite

Don't like:
Synthetic fabrics, itchy lace or scratchy tags
Stockings or tights
Fleecy clothing next to the skin
Flannelette
High heels
Long skirts (they feel like they're going to trip me up)
Sleeveless shirts unless it's very hot and I'm at home
Frilly, girly stuff
Pink or purple

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2014, 5:59 pm

I like fitted clothes that are a bit loose, but definitely fitted. I don't like to wear anything tight, unless it is tight all over and gives a gentle even pressure all over, like a one piece swimsuit or bodysuit. I feel like I need to be wearing something like that under my clothes to give my back some support, but I haven't found the right undergarment yet. I like to wear a slip under my clothes, but in summer it's usually too hot, so I don't know how wearing something tighter than a slip is going to work.

When I was thinner I could go without a bra, or just wear a really thin one, but now I can't stand it. Even just sitting around the house in my nightgown, my breasts feel uncomfortable and I end up holding them up with my arm. I used to wear a 32C, probably should have worn a 30D or a 28DD back then but I didn't know you could get a bra in those sizes. I wish I had known because I probably would have been a lot more comfortable. Now my proper size is a 32DD, but I don't find many bras I like in that size, so I usually end up with a 34D instead and have to wear it on the tightest hook and adjust the straps down really tight so they don't slip off my shoulders. My bra is the only thing I like to wear tight. Other than that, I can't stand to wear ANYTHING with a tight band around it, especially a tight waistband.

I hate tops that have a band around the bottom, or elastic on the bottom of the sleeves. I like wide sleeves, flutter sleeves or bell sleeves best. I don't like strappy tops, or tops that have tight cap sleeves. I can wear a fitted sleeve if it's a half or 3/4 sleeve and it's a soft material. I don't like to feel something tight against my elbow when I bend my arm. I can wear a long sleeved sweater or cardigan, but I usually don't like long sleeved shirts or blouses. I like tops that have darts or pintucks around the bust and/or waist, especially peplum tops. The bottom has to be loose. I have narrow shoulders so I need tops that are fitted through the shoulders and bust and loose on the bottom. I can't stand to wear anything with a wide neck that slips around.

I wear skirts most of the time. I gave up on pants. I have a high/short waist and pants have never fit me right. I can wear really loose fitting knit pants if they have a long rise and the elastic is not too tight, but they still fit weirdly. I am a lot more comfortable in a skirt. I like skirts that hit just below the knee, or mid-calf the best. If it comes all the way down to my ankles, I will end up stepping on the hem, or closing it in the car door. Anything shorter than knee length makes me like my butt is hanging out of the bottom. It might look okay while I'm standing up, but when I bend over or sit down it rides way up. And I HATE the feeling of my bare legs sticking to a seat, especially if I'm out in public somewhere and thinking about all the other people who sat there, yuck. I like skirts that are a bit loose and swingy, but not too baggy or voluminous. If a skirt is too full it can feel really heavy and bulky. For pencil skirts, I have to size up so it doesn't feel too tight, so I rarely buy one. All my skirts need to have some elastic in the waist, unless it's a really soft stretchy material. But I think I like it best when a skirt only has elastic in the back, or at the sides, not all the way around. Some types of elastic are really binding. Most of my skirts ride up high on my waist, so the band ends up around my ribcage.

In cold weather I wear leggings under my skirts (cotton/spandex only, none of those really tight synthetic ones) but they annoy me because they are always sliding down my rear and I have to pull them back up. I never wear tights or pantyhose, because of how the waistband feels. I would probably enjoy wearing old-fashioned stockings with a garter belt, but it just seems like too much trouble to bother with that. As long as the weather is warm enough, I just go with bare legs.

I HATE WEARING SOCKS but in cold weather my feet get too cold without them. If my boots have a fur lining and it's not too cold I will go without socks. But otherwise when I have to wear socks, they have to be the thick kind that fit snug, because nothing is worse than having a too-loose sock getting jammed up the wrong way inside a shoe. I really fight with my socks when I put them on in the morning, and sometimes end up changing them 2-3 times before I leave the house, throwing the rejects every which way in aggravation.

I like wearing flip flops best, and I wear them year round inside the house. Sometimes I wear them out in public, but it makes me feel self-conscious, I just think it looks too slouchy. Other than that I only wear slip-on sneakers or really flexible sandals (what some people call rock climbing shoes), or Keds Go Walk shoes. I used to like Keds sneakers but they have ruined them and made them too clunky and stiff.

As soon as the weather starts getting cool, I switch to boots. It's kind of either/or with me, if the weather is warm at all, I feel hot and want to dress very lightly, or if there's the slightest chill in the air I feel cold and start bundling up in lots of layers. But I definitely have to wear layers that I can take off through the day, until I'm back down to short sleeves if I need to be, otherwise I feel trapped. I like tailored coats, no baggy or shapeless ones. I love to wear a scarf, but not those big wrappy ones, just a medium length one I can loop around my neck once.

In warm weather I like thin cotton material best for tops, or something like a cotton/modal blend. Rayon is great for skirts, but sometimes can feel weird in a top. Whatever I wear next to my skin has to be soft with a smooth texture. I can wear synthetic material if it is slinky and satiny, and all synthetic and not blended with anything natural. A cotton/polyester blend has got to be the most miserable, ungodly thing ever made, and I wish I could ban it from the entire world. And I hate almost anything with metallic threads in it, like lurex, it's too scratchy. It really pisses me off to see a pretty sweater or coat ruined with that nasty metallic thread.

AMcnair4Life wrote:
AND UNDERWEAR! Any one else hate the seam they like to put right in the middle of the crotch!?

Yeah I hate those, I won't wear them. I can't imagine anyone being able to tolerate that. And absolutely no thongs for me. I wear Olga hipsters.

greengirl27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2014, 9:43 am

I don't like the feeling of a tight band around me, ie tops of socks, tight waistbands, collars etc. I always fold socks over and try to buy ones without any real band around the top.

I have a rainbow of t shirts in very soft cotton from the same place and also jersey type 'cardigans' (like a t shirt material) in loads of colours and that is pretty much what I wear along with very old, very soft jeans. Tend to wear the same summer and winter.

Shoes I tend to wear pumps, again have same/similar style in loads of colours.

Hate padded, lacy, fussy underwear. Luckily am quite flat chested so can wear non underwired 'teenage' type bras/crop tops and cotton underwear.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:17 am

I've been in rather a hippie mood the past several years, and I like to wear 100 percent cotton, long dresses, long beaded earrings, and loose hair (my hair is waist-length) with just a barrette holding-up the sides. Other than that, I wear sports bras cuz I don't like regular bras. I wear black jeans and shirts. I only unbutton a couple of buttons and slip it over my head so I won't have to unbutton / button all those buttons. Also, I don't like things around my waist so I fold-down the waist on my jeans.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2020, 5:52 pm

When I wear clothes it usually is tank tops, bermuda shorts, leggings, and if it's regular shirt's it has to be a size bigger because i hate feeling suffocated and the fabric seams on any of my clothes will rub up against my skin and is so painful that it feels like i have dry skin peeling off. Which is why i look for seamless clothes or something that won't rub up against my skin. I also wear bra's that are too big that are wireless because if i wear the right size it gets really tight around my chest and i feel that suffocation feeling and the wires in the bra's are so uncomfortable that they end up making marks into my skin around my chest. I have a hard time with regular cotton underwear because of the side seams especially when they come undone and rub into my skin; so I try to look for microfiber or some type of soft material and are seamless at the same time.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 1:59 pm

I like loose fitting sweaters and tees but there’s a difference between loose and baggy. Loose fitting tops go better with my aesthetic.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2020, 12:37 pm

I wear bralettes instead of real bras whenever I can, or no bra at all (I can't do this at work, so I wear a real bra to work. I try to buy wireless padded bras for work). I wear cotton underwear (I can't stand thongs and I try to avoid synthetic fabrics, they aren't good for vulvas anyway, besides the fact they are uncomfortable to me).

I wear a lot of dresses/skirts. Even in colder weather (with tights/sweaters). Although recently I've tended to gravitate towards pants and jeans, for some reason. I never thought they were very comfortable but I guess that's just where I'm at now. I like crop tops and high-waisted jeans with Converse sneakers.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 12:03 pm

I'm trying to work on making myself less picky when it comes to the clothes I can and can't wear but It's definitely hard. I've just gotten into a routine over the past few years of always wearing things like men's style t-shirts because they come up higher on my chest so I don't feel overexposed and then stretch pants/leggings or shorts. I want to be able to wear things like jeans and dresses, so I'm working on getting myself more comfortable in those types of clothes but it's a challenge sometimes. Oddly, I've never found bras and underwear to be a big challenge. They tend to be the easiest part of my wardrobe. I tend to buy bras online though because I'm somewhat large and they cost considerably less and come in more style options (like sports bra like ones) online in my size. I have trouble with finding clothes I can wear though too at times because of my body being somewhat oddly shaped, I have a large stomach and carry a lot of weight in it and my upper arms but am relatively average in my legs, aside from that I'm very short in my height.

My Tumblr

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 12:53 pm

My clothes have to be comfortable. I invest money in my underwear, pajamas, slippers and bathrobes because they're all I wear at home. I also buy nice coats because that's what people see when I go outside. Any other piece are usually comfy but cheap. There's no need for them to be nice. I do have to try everything on before I'd buy them. You can probably guess that I haven't bought new clothes in the last few months because fitting rooms are all closed. :)

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2020, 3:31 pm

I’m the exact same way (finally I’m not alone in this!!). I hate tight clothes because I feel like I’m being constructed especially wearing bras which is why if I don’t get them big I end up stretching them out and I hate underwire ones because I definitely feel constricted in those and they leave marks. I’ll always try and buy shirts a size up so I have the freedom to move.

hariboci
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2020, 8:17 pm

Aww, you made my day with the Hello Kitty panties :heart: I felt ashamed that I was attracted to childish design (I'm 45) and tried to buy sexy underwears that were uncomfortable and itchy. I was diagnosed this year, everything makes sense now and I try to reform my gardrobe with loose, comfortable clothes. But it's a pain in the ass, the current trends are very tight and short (I cannot find pants or jeans that are covering my ankle. Everything ends 5 inch above it). So I tend to buy male clothing, too. At summer I wear dresses or loose pants with a top.

I can walk in moderately high heels, if I feel stable in it, generally they have to have stripe around my ankle. But usually I have flat shoes, boots or sandals.

As for the size I tended to underestimate it and often bought one size smaller - you can imagine how it felt. I'm more careful with it now.