Glenn Beck & Lyndon LaRouche: What is the Connection?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,440
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jul 2011, 12:52 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


From what I understand the business was already wrecked when Mitt Romney got it, though he didn't do said business many favors. As I've said before, I think of Mitt Romney as being as sleezy as a used car salesman. Only way I'm voting for him is in the General Election and I'm praying that someone defeats Romney in the primary.


Well, you know, if Romney is too sleazy for you, you could always vote Obama. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,744
Location: yes

02 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, in all honesty it is more likely you are an anti-semite than Glenn Beck. The bogus anti-semitism charge was just something concocted by the lackey's of George Soros because they are afraid of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has a problem with certain individuals because of their behavior not their religion or ethnic heritage.

If we followed your argument, I could accuse you of being a mormon hater, simply from your bashing Glenn Beck.


no Panda would be a mormon hater if he used mormon memes Polygamy etc to inform his critique if Beck.
You are not very good at equivalency.


_________________
?We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

02 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

Inuyasha wrote:

Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.


What firm proof do you have for this? People's accusations?

ruveyn



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

02 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


From what I understand the business was already wrecked when Mitt Romney got it, though he didn't do said business many favors. As I've said before, I think of Mitt Romney as being as sleezy as a used car salesman. Only way I'm voting for him is in the General Election and I'm praying that someone defeats Romney in the primary.


Well, you know, if Romney is too sleazy for you, you could always vote Obama. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


No, cause Obama is more sleazy than Romney and that's saying something.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,440
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


From what I understand the business was already wrecked when Mitt Romney got it, though he didn't do said business many favors. As I've said before, I think of Mitt Romney as being as sleezy as a used car salesman. Only way I'm voting for him is in the General Election and I'm praying that someone defeats Romney in the primary.


Well, you know, if Romney is too sleazy for you, you could always vote Obama. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


No, cause Obama is more sleazy than Romney and that's saying something.


And just what makes the President sleazy? What had he done to intentionally hurt anyone for personal gain?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 963
Location: United States

03 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.


I would also like to see proof. If you cannot give proof, I am sending a complaint to Grand Magistrate pandabear for possible violations :lol:


_________________
"You just like to go around rebuking people with your ravenous wolf face and snarling commentary." - Ragtime


Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

05 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


From what I understand the business was already wrecked when Mitt Romney got it, though he didn't do said business many favors. As I've said before, I think of Mitt Romney as being as sleezy as a used car salesman. Only way I'm voting for him is in the General Election and I'm praying that someone defeats Romney in the primary.


Well, you know, if Romney is too sleazy for you, you could always vote Obama. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


No, cause Obama is more sleazy than Romney and that's saying something.


And just what makes the President sleazy? What had he done to intentionally hurt anyone for personal gain?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


1. GM and Chryslar bondholders getting their rights trampled all over so Obama could divert funds to his Union Buddies and keep them happy.
2. NLRB saying Boeing can't have a plant in South Carolina (also to help Obama's union buddies so they will give money to his campaign in 2012).


I don't like Romney, but I know Romney wouldn't pull something like that.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,440
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

05 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


From what I understand the business was already wrecked when Mitt Romney got it, though he didn't do said business many favors. As I've said before, I think of Mitt Romney as being as sleezy as a used car salesman. Only way I'm voting for him is in the General Election and I'm praying that someone defeats Romney in the primary.


Well, you know, if Romney is too sleazy for you, you could always vote Obama. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


No, cause Obama is more sleazy than Romney and that's saying something.


And just what makes the President sleazy? What had he done to intentionally hurt anyone for personal gain?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


1. GM and Chryslar bondholders getting their rights trampled all over so Obama could divert funds to his Union Buddies and keep them happy.
2. NLRB saying Boeing can't have a plant in South Carolina (also to help Obama's union buddies so they will give money to his campaign in 2012).


I don't like Romney, but I know Romney wouldn't pull something like that.


No, Romney wouldn't, because he doesn't give a s**t about working people.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

06 Jul 2011, 8:49 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.


What firm proof do you have for this? People's accusations?

ruveyn


Aw. What did dat baad, baaad old Jew do to the Bank of Engwand?

This is interesting, because Glenn Beck's buddies in the LaRouche camp really, really, really hate the British. Probably just as much as Glenn Beck hates certain Jews.

There are whole theories about the British selling drugs and being in cahoots with Zionists to take over the world, or some such thing, if you're able to follow it all.

A Jew (whom the LaRouchians also specifically hate) breaking the Bank of England: the LaRouchians probably wouldn't know what to make of it. Should they rejoice that the Bank of England was broke? Or, should they be outraged that this Jew did it? Or, some gleeful combination of outrageous rejoicing?



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

07 Jul 2011, 11:43 am

pandabear wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.


What firm proof do you have for this? People's accusations?

ruveyn


Aw. What did dat baad, baaad old Jew do to the Bank of Engwand?

This is interesting, because Glenn Beck's buddies in the LaRouche camp really, really, really hate the British. Probably just as much as Glenn Beck hates certain Jews.

There are whole theories about the British selling drugs and being in cahoots with Zionists to take over the world, or some such thing, if you're able to follow it all.

A Jew (whom the LaRouchians also specifically hate) breaking the Bank of England: the LaRouchians probably wouldn't know what to make of it. Should they rejoice that the Bank of England was broke? Or, should they be outraged that this Jew did it? Or, some gleeful combination of outrageous rejoicing?


You did not answer my question.

ruveyn



pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

07 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Well, here is a brief synopsis from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2773 ... gland.html

Quote:
Billionaire who broke the Bank of England
By David Litterick
12:01AM BST 13 Sep 2002
Comment
When Britain fell so spectacularly from the Exchange Rate Mechanism, the nation needed someone to blame. Aside from the obvious targets in the Tory government, a darker arch-villain was needed. George Soros fitted the bill perfectly.

Then a little-known financier whose fame stretched no further than the City, he was soon to become a household name as "The man who broke the Bank of England".

Mr Soros, 71, was born in Hungary but emigrated to Britain when he was 17, after the end of the Second World War.

He studied philosophy at the London School of Economics with Karl Popper, whose views on the need for open, tolerant and market-driven societies as a precursor of economic growth he adopted as his own.

Mr Soros joined Singer and Friedlander, London bankers, before moving to Wall Street to continue his financial career in 1956. He later set up the now famous Quantum Fund as one of the world's first hedge funds. It took money from rich individuals and invested in risky but potentially highly profitable international deals.

It did very well out of the collapse of fixed exchange rates in the 1970s and the deregulation of global capital markets. By 1980, Soros himself was worth more than £16.5 million and his fund £67 million. The stage was set for his intervention in the ERM.

As early as spring 1992, Mr Soros had decided that the pound would have to be devalued because it had been pushed into the ERM at too high a rate.

He knew that the Bundesbank favoured a devaluation of both sterling and the Italian lira and believed it would have to happen because of the disastrous impact that high British interest rates were having on asset prices.

Mr Soros spent the next few months building up a position from which he would profit from that devalutaion. He borrowed sterling heavily, reportedly to the tune of £6.5 billion, and converted that into a mixture of Deutschmarks and French francs.

On Black Wednesday, Mr Soros's bet paid off. In the following days, he unwound his positions, paying back his original borrowings and ending with a profit of around £1 billion. As a parallel play, Mr Soros bought as much as £350 million of British shares at the same time, gambling that equities often rise after a currency devalues.

He admitted that his actions had benefited no one but himself and, at the time, claimed that the only thing that could save Britain was a common single currency - a view he continues to hold. Mr Soros has since proved that he can lose heavily, too.

The 1987 crash cost him £530 million when he bet that the Tokyo stock market would be the first to go. He remains hugely wealthy and a believer in market deregulation.

He is rumoured to have given away almost £200 million, partly through his Soros Foundation to support democracy in Russia and Eastern Europe.


Mr. Soros is quite the gambler. He bet that the English pound was about to fall precipitously in value, and he won. He didn't cause the Bank of England to go broke. Rather than the British government finding fault with itself, it was more comforting to paint Mr. Soros as the dark arch-villain.

Mr. Beck apparently made money by betting on gold against the US dollar. There isn't any difference.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

07 Jul 2011, 6:20 pm

pandabear wrote:
.

Mr. Beck apparently made money by betting on gold against the US dollar. There isn't any difference.

There is nothing wrong with playing a legal casino and winning. As long as we do not confuse this with productivity and wealth creation we will be just fine.

ruveyn



pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

08 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

George Soros has been selling off a lot of his gold in his hedge fund

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/17/markets/soros_gold/

which must have puzzled Glenn Beck.



pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

08 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

It seems that the LaRouchians may dislike Rupert Murdoch on account of his connections to England.

http://www.larouchepub.com/lym/2007/344 ... _toys.html

Quote:
Rupert Murdoch, the 76-year-old British lickspittle, owns the right-wing FOX News, FOX TV, FX Networks, the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, British Sky Broadcasting, etc., and has tossed out a mere $580 million for the social-control prison MySpace. Not surprisingly, he has laid down another $30 million for Metaverse Media, a media company based in the virtual fantasy world of Second Life. Now, what would such an illustrious man want with a low-class media outlet? Is not the oligarchy supposed to have class, or set higher standards? Is his Viagra not enough to satisfy his young concubine? Only the deluded mind would fall for such shallow arguments as, "Oh he is a great business man. This will skyrocket his multi-billion-dollar fortune!"

What the Ministry of Truth, Wikipedia, will never tell you, is that Sir Rupert Murdoch is a second-generation protégé of the British oligarchy's 20th-Century propaganda baron, Lord Beaverbrook, whose efforts have always been to corner the present and future news-manufacturing institutions of America, and turn them into, what now can be described as a Brave New Cyber-World of data mining, psychological profiling, and subliminal marketing.

As a British imperialist and a prestigious Oxford scholar, Sir Rupert must know the state of the global financial and monetary economic collapse, by now. The collapse is irrefutable. There is no doubt of the desperation of the second generation British imperialists, such as George Shultz, Felix Rohatyn, John Train, Rupert Murdoch, and Richard Mellon Scaife, who are crapping bricks right now. The panic over the inevitable rotting collapse of this Anglo-Dutch system is no longer a thing that can be put off to the side. They know, as their predecessors knew, with this kind of crisis, that the impulse for a Franklin Roosevelt-style recovery is a real possibility.


Rupert Murdoch must have discovered the connection between Lyndon LaRouche and Glenn Beck, and then decided to fire Glenn Beck in retribution for LaRouche's unflattering characterizations of Mr. Murdoch.



Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 152

15 Sep 2011, 10:03 am

Well knowing how old this article is, I think it explains why the Tea Partiers are getting sick and tired of this mess they are in, but in turn I feel that all of this is politically motivated, but also in the events that when Obama threatened QE3 and forced it, people had to sell gold and raise inflation to cover debt costs, and apparently make sure that much higher incomes are to only get tax breaks and higher bonuses, It seems likely enough why Beck and LaRouche are getting even more edgy on this.