Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

Ever considered becoming a drifter? Wandering from place to place living in tents and hostels, taking under the table jobs when your funds run low.
Unfortunately most of my friends think this idea is crazy, the two who don't are all talk and I'm sure hell will freeze over before we leave. It's dangerous to do alone however..

My dream is to meet a likeminded woman on my travels and eventually start a wandering family.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

Been there done that, it's called being ultimately disenfranchised and homeless. You will live hand to mouth performing the most menial tasks for minimum pay and be regarded as a loser and the scum of the earth which is not in itself the end of the world or reason to feel badly of yourself.

While I have had many good times over the years, and being on the swag allowed me to meet some awesome souls it also introduced me to a community of people who have burned every bridge and bitten every hand, people who respect nothing and no-one.
It is over romanticised, but good luck and enjoy it while you may - be warned however if the 'natives' sense you are little more than an idealistic bourgoise tourist they will eat you alive.

peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jun 2011, 8:15 pm

I knew a girl like that on a dating site; she refereed to lifestyle as a gypsy but I have too much OCD & anxiety issues & physical disabilities to handle that kind of lifestyle so the relationship was over before it began :( Pity to because I would of had a real chance with her & I think we could of got along real well if one of us could of handled the others lifestyle

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition