Do you agree with me on this one?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

Why do people say that money, success and status is the way too attract women?

If you look at soccer lionel messi
here
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/117182977/AFP

YES he has the talent, the best soccer player in the world, money, and what he does yet he lacks the charm, the looks and a striking personality. the guys a living legend but he's still unattractive.

do you agree with me on this one that women are not always attracted to power, money and status?

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 6:13 pm

Wow, a buncha feminists are about to come and stick a spit into your ass and roast you slowly over a fire for this one, dude. Run! RUN!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 6:19 pm

sorry didn't mean to offend anybody :?

glasscasket
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

I'd rather be with a good looking man who treats me right, has a great personality and mutual interests than an unattractive boring rich oaf. I'm not into jocks either. Agreed!

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

Jamesy wrote:
do you agree with me on this one that women are not always attracted to power, money and status?

Yes. I agree that women are not always attracted to power, money or status. Sometimes we're attracted to handsomeness. He is very handsome.

If he looks unattractive to you I guess we're using different metrics.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
Wow, a buncha feminists are about to come and stick a spit into your ass and roast you slowly over a fire for this one, dude. Run! RUN!

I love having such a literal and visual mind. [/sarcasm]

But, back on topic, both money and handsomeness are (or at least should be) irrelevant in a relationship. People are much too materialistic.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

attractiveness depends on personal opinion but the way a woman's mind works is impossible to determine... which is why I prefer hanging around guys :wink:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

I'm going to be completely honest with you. In my area there are a lot of technically good looking, rich, powerful men, who wear expensive clothes and drive expensive cars...and my sisters and I think the most of them are d**ches.

They wear too much hair gel, care too much about their expensive things, fancy themselves "sophisticated", and I find them completely unattractive because of it.

I'd be no more likely to date them than I would some guy who has no ambition in life.

I think most women just aim for a guy who is financially stable, or has the potential to be, ambition in life regardless of success, and average over elite.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

when I clicked on the picture I thought he was rather attractive actually. The fact that he can kick a ball around is of no relevance, although I'm sure some people would happily let him loft one in from long-range ;)