Bad cough and fear of taking pills - Advice?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

02 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

Also on that same line of thought, get a syrenge and squirt the liquid medicine past the middle of the tounge were all the taste buds arent. I had a hard time taking medicine myself because I have a powerful gag reflex too. The applesause worked well for me, but as you said she wont touch it.

have you tried those suckable cough suppressants or even chewables??
what about vicks chest rub?

also you can try drinking a thick milkshake with a pill to make it go down easier

the sinus rinse sounds like a good idea too...although kinda gross.

my mom has a natural solution to sinus infections because she is allergic to antobiotics which is disolve 3 tablesppons salt into a cup of boiling water, and then set it cool to room temp and snort it up the nose (or use syringe) and sneeze it out, repeat 5 times a day.
It clears it up faster than when I take antibiotics. I have used this before and it gets rid of infections quick.