Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 1:58 am

Does anyone ever have trouble swallowing pills? I mean I always feel like they get stuck in my throat and take a while to go down. I always hate take them too and try going for a liquid or chewable substitute... only problem is, most medications don't have that and it actually sucks.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it something normal for us? I'm so curious because I hate it.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 4:30 am

No difficulties at all. I can swallow any size of pills. I guess your throat is different from mine. If for some reason I would have to make myself vomit, I don't know how I could accomplish that. I can push my fingers down my throat and still no gag reflex.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

I wish I had that. It sucks... I mean I could barely even TOUCH my gag reflux and I am gagging. x.x It's so sensitive that even meatloaf makes me gag and hate meatloaf. >_____<

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 2:42 am

iheartmegahitt wrote:
Does anyone ever have trouble swallowing pills? I mean I always feel like they get stuck in my throat and take a while to go down. I always hate take them too and try going for a liquid or chewable substitute... only problem is, most medications don't have that and it actually sucks.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it something normal for us? I'm so curious because I hate it.

If your medication doesn't have a liquid or chewable form, and if it's allowed to be broken down, then perhaps you could go to the Pharmacy (or go online) and buy a "Pill-Splitter" or a "Pill-Crusher". Both of these tools are used for people who want a lower dosage of medication or if they want to consume their medication in a more digestible form.

iSpeedy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

Yes. I have trouble swallowing my meds. I know how to swallow pills, it's just the feeling it leaves in my throat also, like it's stuck even though it's not. My solution is to put them in either pudding or applesauce or yogurt, (not crushed but the whole pills), and scoop them up along with the pudding and swallow it together. This way I don't feel the pills at all going down my throat as they are coated, and also helps my stomach tolerate it better. It may sound weird but it really works for me and when people see me do it they say that's a good idea that they might try it.