Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

I found this video earlier today and thought it was some interesting information. The video is about an hour and thirty minutes long if you have the time. I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions on it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIFpbAxDMYI[/youtube]

joestenr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

Its an hour an a half of your life wasted on a disproved hypothysis. Or in short pure BS

"For success in science or art, a dash of autism is essential"
Hans Asperger

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

Some kinds of fish have small amounts of mercury in them........I guess fish should only be allowed for those 18 and over we don't need any underage kids putting themselves at risk for autism.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm

I'm glad you guys decided to comment after watching absolutely none of the video. Thanks!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

Mikelight wrote:
I'm glad you guys decided to comment after watching absolutely none of the video. Thanks!

well I am listening to music at the moment something I enjoy a little more then watching more beating of a dead horse. I mean me and my siblings all got the same vaccinations and none of my siblings are on the autism spectrum...and there really is mercury in fish.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

I do know there is some evidence that links strep to PANDAS and that's a rather recently discovered connection (still rather tentative), although medical science has known for years and years and years of the connection between strep and rheumatic heart fever. And it's the body's antibodies to strep that does the inappropriate attacking rather the strep itself.
Can You Catch Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?<--talking about plain old strep throat
by Lisa Belkin, New York Times, (previously dated 2005, not sure why it's now given later date, still a good article) again, possibly, for some people.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/22/magaz ... ted=1&_r=1
This is a pretty good article on PANDAS, both the possible connection and the skepticism side. As far as OCD, it does miss the possibility of 'making friends with OCD,' which I myself have experimented with and played with, with a fair degree of success.
See also this previous WP thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt135173.html

And, although this is also controversial, some people possibly/probably get Guillain-Barre syndrome from vaccines. Some people, notably those who have struggled with it before.
Here's a pretty straightforward article:
Quarterback Danny Wuerffel Diagnosed With Guillain-Barré Syndrome, ABC News, KATIE MOISSE, June 16, 2011.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/n ... d=13855870
" . . . Guillain-Barré syndrome affects about one in 100,000 people, usually striking in the days or weeks following a viral infection, according to the National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Surgery and vaccinations can also trigger the disorder. . . "

For more of the controversy, maybe see the book FLU: THE STORY OF THE GREAT INFLUENZA PANDEMIC OF 1918 by Gina Kolata. She also talks about 1976 swine flu campaign. And basically, since CDC publicized Guillain-Barre, cases of people with vague symptoms may have been lumped in with it.

All the same, I think it's a legitimate question whether a vaccine might cause other funky autoimmune disorders. (PANDAS is not vaccine link, but I would classify it as a funky autoimmune disorder.)

Please Note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR. just an alright guy who tries to help :D and I'm capable of looking up news articles on medicine, and that's all.

Last edited by AardvarkGoodSwimmer on 02 Jul 2011, 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

Looking at the video's tags should tell you all you need to know.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 2:24 pm

I have watched about fifteen minutes of the video. Dr. Ayoub asks compelling questions about the data and makes some startling observations.
The problem is, this conference happened in 2005. What is he saying in 2011?

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2011, 3:31 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I have watched about fifteen minutes of the video. Dr. Ayoub asks compelling questions about the data and makes some startling observations.
The problem is, this conference happened in 2005. What is he saying in 2011?

Thanks for at least taking the time to view the article. When I get home tomorrow I'll look up more from him and see what he's advocating these days.

@Aardvark
Some good links, didn't have time to read too indepth though. I'm busy today but tomorrow I'll look into them some more. Things like this remind me of the old Eugenics programs which were always touted as for the "public good".

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

Okay, just to use round numbers, if there are 20 million kiddos in the U.S. under the age of 3. And if each child receives on average 8 vaccinations. Well, that is a sample pool of 160,000,000 events. And just by chance alone we're likely to see some spectacular coincidences.

But, here is the tricky part. For any particular child, if the parents says, Wow, the child just seemed way different after the vaccine, are we going to assume that this particular child is a one in a million, or are we going to be open-minded that there might be a connection?

-------------------------------

I know this is a hard subject. A similar situation might be questions raised about community water fluoridation. Yes, I'm sure some of the people raising objections are cranks and crackpots, so be it. But that does not mean we should completely dismiss all questions out of hand.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:48 am

Mikelight wrote:

If you want people to watch an hour and a half video on a disproved hypothesis (I say that based on it's title), you're going to have to tell us more about than that is has "some interesting information".

Last edited by Mysty on 04 Jul 2011, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:49 am

I was autistic from birth. I was adopted so my parents have no idea what I was like as a newborn.

Rasta
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

My hair is super thin,

I follow all of the symptoms of Mercury Poisoning very accurately & I've seen the same thing on other autistic kids.

When I was young, I remember hitting my head on one of those power-saving light bulbs. I remember seeing this vapor come out in a really trippy way & for some reason that's still a vivid memory... & I had no idea they had mercury vapor in them.

I suggest you eat fish, but only small ones like sardines for their iodine. Sea salt isn't a good source of iodine.

Last edited by Rasta on 04 Jul 2011, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 3:08 pm

Not all vaccines contain mercury. What Dr. Ayoub said is pregnant women are encouraged to receive a mercury containing flu shot in the first trimester which would result in mercury exposures. Rhogam shots were also mentioned along with tuna consumption.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

flu vaccines weee the only ones left with Thimerisol in them and even those have been fazed out because of the uproar. Standard vaccinesh aven't had mercury in them for years. So, now they are trying to zero in on aluminum.

If we are going to demonize vaccines for a few of their contents perhaps that bias should crossover to ALL things that contain those suspected ingredients. fish does indeed have mercury and that is wehy it is recommended by the CDC that pregnant women not eat tunafish, which has some of the highest concentrastions. Dental amalgm can be up to 40% mercury and is treated as toxin waste when fillings are removed from someones mouth. Aluminum is in baby formula for gods sake.

Less than 1% of the population has a vaccine reaction of any sort as a general rule. 'Vaccine induced' autistic children are usually never screened for the positively identified possible side effects of vaccines included enchephaly and auto immune reactions - both of which can cause autism like symptoms as they damage the brain. If kids are being hurt by vaccines, it's much more likely that they are suffering a known side effect reaction rather than a developmental disorder.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

draelynn wrote:
flu vaccines weee the only ones left with Thimerisol in them and even those have been fazed out because of the uproar. Standard vaccinesh aven't had mercury in them for years. So, now they are trying to zero in on aluminum.

If we are going to demonize vaccines for a few of their contents perhaps that bias should crossover to ALL things that contain those suspected ingredients. fish does indeed have mercury and that is wehy it is recommended by the CDC that pregnant women not eat tunafish, which has some of the highest concentrastions. Dental amalgm can be up to 40% mercury and is treated as toxin waste when fillings are removed from someones mouth. Aluminum is in baby formula for gods sake.

Less than 1% of the population has a vaccine reaction of any sort as a general rule. 'Vaccine induced' autistic children are usually never screened for the positively identified possible side effects of vaccines included enchephaly and auto immune reactions - both of which can cause autism like symptoms as they damage the brain. If kids are being hurt by vaccines, it's much more likely that they are suffering a known side effect reaction rather than a developmental disorder.

Last I checked there were still Thimerosal hanging around, but that was a couple of years ago. In fact, health care practitioners offered the public a choice between Thimerosal containing vaccines and vaccines without it and, surprise, the vaccines without it ran out way before the ones containing it did so there was nothing but the ones containing it left. Then there wasn't a choice. The consumer, by and large does not want the Thimerasol containing vaccine, for whatever reason, and they shouldn't have to be injected with it just to be protected from the flu.
The aluminum is thought to exaggerate the effects of the mercury exposure, not cause a similar outcome without the mercury.
Another thing, how do I know for sure there is no Thimerosal or something similar in the vaccine? There are so many loopholes, drug manufactures might be able to sneak it in if it is under a certain amount without telling anyone or listing it, if it is proprietary. It might not even have to be under a certain amount. Who can deny industry isn't greedy, just wanting to get the most money it can make? If pretending a vaccine is lacking a certain ingredient is necessary to make more money, who is stopping them from doing it?