Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Malaclypse
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2006, 8:33 am

VesicaPisces wrote:
Heard a knock on the door and thought I was awoken. I said hold on and attempted to get up. I could not, I was paralyzed. I said hold on again and reattempted to get up. I fell over onto the floor and then tried saying help.

Hahaha!
Sorry, I'm not at all laughing in mockery (because it sounds very scary to experience), but it must've looked very funny. :-D
And thanks a lot for sharing! I look forward to more details about the dream state itself, though, since that's what I was most interested in. :)

Oceanfloor wrote:
In mine, i was simply following my consciousness into sleep, keeping an ever thinner thread of self-awareness, until i emerged, very suddenly, into a realm of utter blackness and silence and disembodiment. I was only able to maintain it for a few seconds, because of the shock.

Woah! That sort of completes the story, provided it's the same for both of you. Scary and highly interesting.

TheMachine1 wrote:
Acetyl-L-Carnitine

That one sounds really nice to use for a short period according to the wikipedia article about it. Thanks for the tips!

Malaclypse
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2006, 8:42 am

VesicaPisces wrote:
Heard a knock on the door and thought I was awoken. I said hold on and attempted to get up. I could not, I was paralyzed. I said hold on again and reattempted to get up. I fell over onto the floor and then tried saying help.

Hahaha!
Sorry, I'm not at all laughing in mockery (because it sounds very scary to experience), but it must've looked very funny. :-D
And thanks a lot for sharing! I look forward to more details about the dream state itself, though, since that's what I was most interested in. :)

Oceanfloor wrote:
In mine, i was simply following my consciousness into sleep, keeping an ever thinner thread of self-awareness, until i emerged, very suddenly, into a realm of utter blackness and silence and disembodiment. I was only able to maintain it for a few seconds, because of the shock.

Woah! That sort of completes the story, provided it's the same for both of you. Scary and highly interesting.

TheMachine1 wrote:
Acetyl-L-Carnitine

That one sounds really nice to use for a short period according to the wikipedia article about it. Thanks for the tips!

AspicViper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2007, 5:14 pm

I used to be able to do that when I took Remeron.

unityemissions
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2007, 11:56 pm

Most of the time I have lucidity. It does not matter my state of consciousness. When I was a kid I saw what seemed lika a cosmic wormhole as I entered a state of meditation during bedtime filled with thoughts that were not my own racing as fast as the light! Well ownership in itself seems to be but an illusion in my view. This stoped for the most part after the age of 12.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 2:30 am

I can't usually gain full control of my dream unless I wake up and go back to sleep, my dream is going on in the background and when I go back to sleep I gain full control. I am aware I am dreaming all the time and can terminate the dream if I want to "change channels", but I never really do. I have lots of what most people would consider bad dreams (I'm sleeping, I don't care) when I die, the only problem is I don't know what happens after so I wake up.

Anna4077
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2007, 11:13 pm

I've had lucid dreams since childhood and they are way cool...better than real life, in some respects.
When I lucid dream,my favourite activity is flying through the air,Like Superman.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 8:17 pm

I lucid dream.. its horrible.. I'm in an office setting doing work and s**t..

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 11:39 pm

^---------lol

I've been trying to lucid dream for the past 4 years, and when I go through a period when I actually bother to do my reality checks I have some success. But I have the same problem with waking myself up usually, because lucid dreams are easiest to have in a light or restless sleep. The last lucid dream I had, a couple weeks ago, I wasn't able to fully convince myself that I was dreaming, even though I could breathe through my nose while holding it, so I ripped off my clothes and nervously walked outside to see how people reacted. People acted like I was going around telling them that the sky was falling. I couldn't go anywhere else with it. It was the lamest lucid dream ever.

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2007, 4:11 am

I have them fairly often because I let my imagination run wild as I lie in bed at night. I start telling myself a story or imagining scenes from books and as I drift off they become more and more vivid until they have full reality for me and I am dreaming. It works best (at least I remember them) if it is during the day either going back to sleep after waking up in the morning or taking one of my super naps (like this last Saturday when I napped from 1:00PM to 6:00PM).

There are a few really epic dreams which I have remembered for years that were better than most movies I've seen. In them I create huge settings and interesting plots. Some of them are just wandering through environments. I still have the plans and images of a huge mansion I dreamed of locked in my head. Too bad I have little interest in architecture.