Wasn't too sure where this would go so I'll put it here.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

I don't know what this is or if it has to do with AS, but I have this thing where if I'm reading long text (articles, posts on a forum, I remember this happening when I got workbooks in high school.) I'll read the beginning of the text and by the middle, I'll forget what the beginning said and get confused. It even happens with novels, I'll forget what happened a few pages ago if I read it for an extended amount of time.

What is that?

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

I too have the same problem. I think it is related to the same difficulty I have with listening to people and not understanding what they say. Perhaps some working memory impairment or attention deficit problem or both.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

I think that might just be a human thing, I know lots of NTs who do that too.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

To quote myself from a recent topic:

Quote:
It's funny, I can be reading something and I think I'm following along pretty well, but if you asked me what the last sentence said, I would be clueless.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

Either too much weed, or no passion or desire around your subject matter

When you are in the throws of an obsession or special interest, you can read for days, weeks, and absorb everything and never tire of more

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

nemorosa wrote:
I too have the same problem. I think it is related to the same difficulty I have with listening to people and not understanding what they say. Perhaps some working memory impairment or attention deficit problem or both.

Sometimes that happens to me too, but usually only when someone gives a speech and asks you to repeat something they said in the speech.

Jory wrote:
To quote myself from a recent topic:

Quote:
It's funny, I can be reading something and I think I'm following along pretty well, but if you asked me what the last sentence said, I would be clueless.

Yeah, that's about how it is for me as well.