Name ONE thing that irritates you about modern culture

Page 3 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

How 'busy' people are. Seriously, what the heck are they doing that takes up that much time? :?

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2011, 9:12 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
Jory wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
What I don't understand is why guys wear their "manhood" like gold badges.

Crippling insecurity.

So try to convince girls to suck their "manhood" in attempt to boost their self-esteem?

Partially so, yes.

I don't like how common R&B and rap music is.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

15 Jul 2011, 12:13 am

being completely out of touch with the natural cycles in life created by nature.
lack of solitude
computers that are smarter than me
fashion that changes every season...what ever happened to the days when a fashion tend lasted about 100 years.
the disaperence of self reliance
one of my biggest issue with modern culture is how pop culture swallows indigenous cultures in a generation or two...ancient arts forever lost.
comercials that are crazy, stupid, anoying and pointless all screaming at me on tv, on the radio, on the bilboard, in magizines, hell they would scream bile all over people's houses if it was legal
folks no longer knowing how to make bread by scratch when it costs 29 cents a loaf to make by scratch when you divide how many loaves you can make by the cost of materials, and the fact that most bread in stores cost 3.50-4.00 a loaf.
GMO's
inflation due to a paper money economy

all and all, I think I was born 150 years too late.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2011, 1:09 am

Here's a few:

One can no longer act out their imagination in public anymore, viewed as "childish" WE ARE ALL CHILDREN GORRAMIT

Speaking of gorramit, Fox, seriously, screw them, (Firefly fans know what I'm talking about >_<)

The popularity of shows like Jersey Shore and Glee, sorry if you like those but I think they are stupid =P

I have plenty more but that is a small sample

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 2:36 pm

Poor use of language and can't speak in a full sentence too many erms plus too much foul language aswell.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

The modernity of it all.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

The way this country has gotten greedy.

The speed of the rat race.

The way everyone's become too competitive with eachother.

The way people aren't so friendly any more, whereas my parents say that people were much friendlier and much less judgemental against others back in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2011, 10:42 pm

Their obsession with drinking/getting drunk and sex. Seriously, I can have fun without any alcohol. Actually I hate alcohol. It really bugs me when people brag about getting drunk and all the stupid things they did. I once saw a drunk guy burn his hand so badly that he had blisters. Why would somebody be proud of that? Don't they know how dangerous and potentially deadly alcohol can be? I actually have a friend who told me that for my 21 birthday she was going to take me to bars until I get drunk. I told her that even if I did decide to go to a bar I would only order water as there is nothing about getting drunk that I desire, but she talks about it like it's the greatest thing in the world. It just really bugs me that the media makes fun of people who don't sleep around and get drunk.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

Tamsin wrote:
Their obsession with drinking/getting drunk and sex. Seriously, I can have fun without any alcohol. Actually I hate alcohol. It really bugs me when people brag about getting drunk and all the stupid things they did. I once saw a drunk guy burn his hand so badly that he had blisters. Why would somebody be proud of that? Don't they know how dangerous and potentially deadly alcohol can be? I actually have a friend who told me that for my 21 birthday she was going to take me to bars until I get drunk. I told her that even if I did decide to go to a bar I would only order water as there is nothing about getting drunk that I desire, but she talks about it like it's the greatest thing in the world. It just really bugs me that the media makes fun of people who don't sleep around and get drunk.

+1

phil_d1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jul 2011, 5:59 pm

Joe90 wrote:
The way this country has gotten greedy.

The speed of the rat race.

The way everyone's become too competitive with eachother.

The way people aren't so friendly any more, whereas my parents say that people were much friendlier and much less judgemental against others back in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Cars with really loud thumping 'music' (yeah right) in the traffic next to you and in general

Blokes who walk about with their trousers "down"

Those "flesh tunnel" earrings - ok on maybe an african tribesman but not so ok in a tax office in a rainy UK environment

Tattoos

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 1:31 am

everything about it angers me.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:36 am

Since I have to name "one" thing I will make it "NOISE POLLUTION!"

Honorable Mention:

Light pollution (so I can't see the stars)

Runner up to the Honorable Mention:

We have less time to spend as we please than primitive hunter gatherer societies. Aren't the efficiencies of technology supposed to give us more free time?

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 6:01 am

Political correctness gone mad, combined with the fact that society hasn't advanced as far from the Dark Ages as we think.

phil_d1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

people who press the new topic instead of reply button by mistake :oops:

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2011, 6:27 pm

I hate how fashion/image conscious our society is. It's always about a style or trend that has no appeal to me and they insist of shoving it down our throats. I am waiting for someone to show up with the Oscars with just a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 7:12 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:
I am waiting for someone to show up with the Oscars with just a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

Whoopi Goldberg did something like that back in the 80s. She wore a black longish jacket over a white t-shirt, black jeans (I think, hard to remember now), & high top red sneakers (probably converse). At least that's what I remember...it may have been a different awards ceremony. Too many years have past since then. :-)

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive