Does Drawing or Painting Help You to Cope with Difficulties?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

Drawing with photoshop helps to give me a sense of accomplishment and keep my self worth.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:19 pm

Of those two, drawing and painting, I'd have to say painting. I usually get so lost in what I am painting that I stop feeling dismayed from my difficulties and I feel better because I am working towards a goal. This makes me feel like I have no difficulties.

However, I do not paint often as I play musical instruments to get this same relief.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Jul 2011, 11:38 pm

fiber art gives me the artistic outlet for my pain...usually inlvolves repetive motions which feels like stimming to make something really neat...I have infinite patince with fiber art cause it is the feeling I get while doing it that has the most value to me, but I have made some cool stuff in the process.
like coiled basketry, brooms, shalls, wash cloths, fiber sculpture, purses and yarn

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2011, 11:39 pm

Art is a method to get the time to flyby especially in difficult situation like being forced to stay into class which I didn't chose to in the first place.

JMG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2011, 12:34 am

I like puzzles

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2011, 2:47 am

I find drawing and painting to be very calming. It's actually one of my special interests. :wink:

MrBoob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2011, 5:10 am

Yes... I am always drawing, no matter where I am, except when I am painting. That is one of the few things I feel I am good at. And so all the worries they just go away...

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2011, 7:49 am

Not at all, unfortunately, I have always been terrible at both of those, but writing a blog post or playing my guitar, or writing some code can work.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Jul 2011, 8:04 am

Whenever I'm stressed (usually at school or my dad's house), I pull out a sheet of paper and just doodle on it. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

Working in my sketchbook helps me to deal with my problems better.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

I'm not very good at drawing or painting. However, I like doing both, so long as I'm just painting/drawing whatever comes to mind.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 7:15 pm

Doodling is a GREAT way to distract when you feel extremely awkward or bored.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Not just drawing, but creating things in general. Like making things with Lego bricks, or creating levels for video games. I don't know what it is specifically, but there is something about taking an idea and turning it into a physical object that I really enjoy. But, this is why I want to major in engineering. I like designing things, and if I can get paid to do that, that's a dream come true. Very few things would make me happier than to look at a bridge and think "hey, that was my idea!"