Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:37 am

Hello I'm thinking of getting the Implanon instead of continuing the depo provera injection. Has anyone had any experience with the Implanon? If you did, how did effect your period, weight, mood etc? Need advice asap

abc123
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

I found it wore off earlier than expected. The things you mention are probably individual. Think it may have stopped my periods like the minipill but then started getting bleeding as it wore off. I think there was a minimum period in which it had to be left in.

humanjukebox82
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

I had it twice so 6 years all together, i have just got a new one in after taking a few years off to see what happened, also didnt have a boyfriend

I found i lost weight then it was steady, i put more weight on when i was not on any contraception, also i found you dont get the crazy week, where all your clothes gang up on you, everything is rubbish, and the slightest thing makes you want to cry or shout at people, then feel really bad about it.

had used depo before just didnt like having to remember every 3 months, like the fact that i could just forget about the implant. thou i would say it does take a few months for your periods to settle down, as in bleed for a week, then nothing then a week again that was a bit of a pain, but after that when you dont get your periods for ages, it is the business!

you will notice that your periods start to come back at the begining of the 3rd year you have it in, but i feel best contracptive ever, would defo recommend it, and have done to a few people.

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

I had an Implanon implant for a little over a year. It was great for the first 4 months or so - I stopped getting my period and felt great. Then I started bleeding constantly - if I wasn't having a full on period I was heavily spotting. I started gaining loads of weight and feeling emotionally like I was PMS-ing, constantly. That went on for about 9 months before I begged the doctor to remove it.

I've been using NuvaRing ever since. It's been over 2 years, and I still absolutely love it. I've had no issues at all, I've managed to lose a lot of weight, it doesn't give me mood swings, and the best part - my periods are down to about 48 hours. :D