Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 7:11 am

So, I haven't noticed a thread about this series for a while, so I might as well kick a new one off. This has become one of my favourite series within the past month, and is certainly the only American sitcom that actually manages to be equal to, and even better, than some of my favourite British ones. Obviously, Sheldon has become a favourite character, but I pretty much like all of the main ones, except for Howard.

Favourite episode? Well, out of the episodes of The Big Bang Theory that I've watched so far, there's a few: The Dumpling Paradox, The Panty Pinata Polarisation, and The Einstein Approximation, but my absolute favourite moment has to be from The Griffin Equivalency, as you can tell from my avatar.

And here it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoXhvHvK3I[/youtube]

Well? Any other fans?

On sabbatical...

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2011, 7:25 am

Sheldon Cooper is the pin up boy of Aspergers Syndrome. Here we have a socially inept highly intelligent, obsessive, arrogant nerdy guy who acts like a jerk. Aspergers makes him the unique person he is in that show. He can not help acting like a condescending know-it-all jerk.

I personally can relate to Sheldon in some ways. I am a totally social inept, anti-social jerk. I wish I had the super Asperger intelligence that Sheldon possesses. I so hate being below average intelligence.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 8:09 am

I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy?! !

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 8:37 am

Quatermass wrote:
Well? Any other fans?

i do not identify much with any of the characters in the show, but i like to watch the show because of it's quite brilliant scripting in most instances.

the imagination of the "conceptualiser" (sorry i have to coin that word because i am too lazy to find a linguistic alternative) of the ideas that are expressed in the lines that the cast perform, is extremely fertile and advanced in my opinion.

i know there would be more than one writer, but i can definitely hear the dominant influence of one particular writer in most of the scripting and ideational content of of the show.

i can also hear this writers influence to a much reduced degree in the "two and a half men" series i think.

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2011, 8:57 am

I love this show!

A friend from my past work saw it and said Sheldon reminded her of me.

Total compliment! I'm not as smart as he is, of course. But perhaps to her it seems that way.

Anyway, it is hilarious. I like all the characters (though Leonard puts me off a little somehow - I didn't really like him in Roseanne either.)

If Sheldon weren't in it though, I probably wouldn't watch it anymore, not really out of spite but rather because it just wouldn't be as hilarious anymore.

I rarely laugh out loud at... well anything. So I enjoy this show thoroughly because I'm invariably laughing out loud multiple times through any episode.

Aspie_SE10
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2011, 9:07 am

I LOVE this show (and it's theme) but I'm afraid I enjoy something of the shock of recognition both with the main characters and their living arrangements from my time at university...

PaleBlueDotty
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

Quatermass wrote:
So, I haven't noticed a thread about this series for a while, so I might as well kick a new one off. This has become one of my favourite series within the past month, and is certainly the only American sitcom that actually manages to be equal to, and even better, than some of my favourite British ones. Obviously, Sheldon has become a favourite character, but I pretty much like all of the main ones, except for Howard.

Well? Any other fans?

I love TBBT - like you said, they are coming pretty close to titillating my funny bone, well , let's be honest - they have me in stitches, although I only understand half of the jokes.

I felt a certain affinity to Sheldon (apart from the intelligence), but then I discovered my true alter ego Leslie (ok - again minus the intelligence).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5zSZIrKx6Y[/youtube]

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 6:38 pm

Ah, good, so we have some fans here. :)

Actually, while the creators are quiet on whether Sheldon is autistic, in case they get flamed (one of them, Bill Prady, also stated "We write the character as the character. A lot of people see various things in him and make the connections. Our feeling is that Sheldon's mother never got a diagnosis, so we don't have one"), Jim Parsons (the actor) did state that he read Look Me In The Eye by John Elder Robison, who has Asperger's Syndrome.

On sabbatical...

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

Turn your pelvis

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 2:38 am

I liked the episode where Sheldon breaks up with Amy Farrah Fowler, and then becomes obsessed with collecting cats. The ending, where Sheldon, reunited with Amy, gives away the cats - each with twenty dollars (seemingly not understanding that the kids are supposed to pay him twenty for a cat) is priceless!
And I absolutely love every episode with Sheldon's nemesis, Will Wheaton.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 2:49 am

I like the psychic vortex episode.. Lately the show has become dull with all the who's seeing who and who's sleeping with who thing.. It was more fun when there was more physics involved.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 4:15 am

Agreed.

On sabbatical...

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 6:25 am

^^ Yaaaye greetings everyone, I believe that I very much enjoy this lovely television series. ^^ I believe I enjoy very much the following little clip:

http://youtu.be/DAvr-m0ZWqE

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:43 am

BUMP.

Any more discussion for The Big Bang Theory?

On sabbatical...

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 7:12 am

What is going to happen now? In season 5? Will Howard get married? Will Leonard and Penny get back together? Should they get back together?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 8:46 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
What is going to happen now? In season 5? Will Howard get married? Will Leonard and Penny get back together? Should they get back together?

Apparently they've renewed it for three more years. Frankly, after watching some episodes of the fourth series so far, I'll be surprised if they make it past the fifth season.

On sabbatical...