Work is causing me physical pain?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2011, 4:31 am

I'm still not sure if I'm even on the spectrum, but my job is so... Stressful.

I work at one of the world's most famous amusement parks and I knew that it was a bad idea... But now I'm actually suffering from the consequences. Everytime that I have to go in, I start to suffer from physical pain. My stomach starts hurting really badly, I get these horrible headaches that takes a day to go away, everything seems like it's too much. The noise is too much, the lights are too much, the people are too much. And all of that adds to me being IRRITATED because of the pain and everything just piling onto one another.

I honestly do not know what to do :roll:

I would like to see if I can transfer to a slower pace restaurant, but I'm not sure. I hate feeling so bad like this. I thought maybe I was ill, but it only happens when I'm at work. I have no idea what to do and I'm so confused. What would you do if you were in my situation? I need money right now to pay off things and prepare for my return to college.

Alex_W
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2011, 8:07 am

I feel for you. All I can say is to not give up looking for a new job. Maybe there is something you can do in the meantime to ease the stress, like wearing earplugs if possible. I've had bad headaches growing up, but I personally wouldn't take pain medication.

pollyfinite
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

You have to problem solve, try new things, like Alex said, ear plugs, maybe talk to your employer, see if you can wear a brimmed hat, this blocks out some of the light and people (if you look down). Also, a doctor can prescribe you something for anxiety and that also helps some with sensory issues. I can't think of anything else. Good luck.