Is it a common Aspie trait to forgive easily?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 3:27 am

i have already stated my opinion as to the thread title, but i will go slightly off topic to relate a quirk that a friend of mine has which i find hilarious. i will call him P.

about 20 years ago, me and P and another group of fellows were sitting around smoking bongs and just talking at a persons house, and we all decided we wanted KFC, and a guy called "christian" was $3 short for his order, so he asked P, and P begrudgingly lent him $3 to make up his order.
P asked christian when he would get the $3 back, and christian said "next time i see you".

then christian was never seen again because he was a german backpacker, and P was majorly agitated that he had been ripped off $3

20 years later, me and P were at a gas station and we saw christian, and i recognized him and he did me, and wee all said "hello", but the first thing P said was "yeah mate, you remember that 3 bucks i lent you?" and christian gave it to him and walked off and i almost fell to the ground with laughter. P was insanely miserly and pennywise.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 3:41 am

Years ago, after a terrible betrayal I experienced from a close friend, someone said to me, "When you can't forgive someone, then forgo them". And that's what I did. It was marvellously wise advice.

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2016, 3:54 am

Depends on what they did. Most of the time I gut sit in my room and avoid them.

i've never know anyone like me ,so friendly PM's are always welcome :).

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 4:07 am

yesterday to me is gone.
in fact, 3 minutes ago is gone.

all gone from my mind. there seems in some to be a spread of concern that extends into the past, but to me the past does not exist.
you can not change it.

i also never feel insulted by anyone because i always (probably erroneously) consider myself superior to anyone who does not see things my way.

like i could never be insulted by a gorrilla no matter how hard they tried, and it is the same with humans.

i do not have ideas of exacting rectitude either. i just go on and live my life with all my past behind me and i never look back.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2016, 9:08 am

It is, one reason though is a fear of conflict and wanting to end it quickly.
When it comes to true forgiveness, I don't think so. Sometimes autistics hold grudges for life.

-Johnnyh

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 2:33 pm

I neither forgive nor forget.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 2:45 pm

I hold a grudge for the longest times.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 3:17 pm

I forgive very easily. If I have an argument with someone, the next time we see each other, I've completely forgiven them and hold no grudge, but they expect me to be hostile towards them. I'd rather forgive and forget than think about things that have already been dealt with. I've never understood why people get bothered by things after they've already taken care of them and they shouldn't matter in the future.