Do you feel the World is getting more insane every day?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2011, 11:35 am

For example, with this Casey Anthony thing, I am feeling that people saying "there was a doubt" are another example of how things have gone completely amuck. It seems almost ludicruous that this irresponsible mother was found not guilty. However, it seems to me like you can't even discuss your feelings anymore. It is almost as though society, the media, the two political parties, etc. have brainwashed people to not think, and to believe whatever they are told without questionning. I feel like in the last twenty years, that I have been even more marginalized and pushed out for simply being old fashioned, simple, and logical. For an autistic person, it seems like the "Reasonable Code Of Ethics and Behavior" has been tossed out the window in the form of various political, economic, and social groups pushing their blind agenda over everyone and everything. I feel even more pushed out and marginalized, because my views are too square, too moderate, too common sense, too anti-politically correct, etc. Does this make any sense to anyone?

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

Seems to me a bit insane to attempt to judge Casey Anthony based on media reports. If I had heard everything the jury had heard, I would be able to make a comparative judgment. Absent that, I am just another talking head blathering about my opinions.

I find it ironic that you can consider the jury as mistaken then follow that up with a statement like this:

Quote:
It is almost as though society, the media, the two political parties, etc. have brainwashed people to not think

How did you arrive at your judgment of Casey Anthony if not by having your perceptions spoon fed to you by the very media which you appear to hold in contempt? How can you justify the clarity of your thinking as superior to that of the jury when the heard every word of the trial and you heard media reports?

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2011, 12:39 pm

Now, isn't your viewpoint rather anti-human? Yep. You have been brainwashed to jump on people with differing opinions - by the media most likely. You are exactly showing why I despise the media. Here I am, trying really hard to focus on making my life better, happier, more productive, and the media intrudes upon my life. Yes, it does. I will walk into a restaurant, and CNN and Fox News are blaring about Casey Anthony. Now, I don't want to hear it, but I have no choice. And I hear exactly what the media. Yes. I would be nice if democracy worked the way you say it is, but you are not using your critical thinking ability. This is exactly how the media preys upon vulnerable people like myself. We work all day, exhausting ourselves, and just want to have peace. Some media devils force their values and views on us while we are just trying to get some food at a fast food place. The media is the Devil. They know that people are tired and vulnerable, and so they spread lies and half truths to the general public, hoping we don't have the energy to really find out the real. There is your answer, Sir. And don't blame me for that. I am the victim. They are the victimizers.

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2011, 12:42 pm

You have no right to come on this board and attack me for expressing my opinion. That is my right as an American citizen. So, stop bothering me. You think you can come on this forum and prey on someone you think is vulnerable. No. I am not a victim, so do not talk to me or respond to me ever again on this discussion board, or I will take action with the administrators on here!

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

to openly call someone "insane" on this forum. My advice to you, once again, do not talk to me. Do not pass go. You are not my friend. You are my enemy. You respond to this message even once in any way, and I will report you!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

Bill43 wrote:
For example, with this Casey Anthony thing, I am feeling that people saying "there was a doubt" are another example of how things have gone completely amuck. It seems almost ludicruous that this irresponsible mother was found not guilty. However, it seems to me like you can't even discuss your feelings anymore. It is almost as though society, the media, the two political parties, etc. have brainwashed people to not think, and to believe whatever they are told without questionning. I feel like in the last twenty years, that I have been even more marginalized and pushed out for simply being old fashioned, simple, and logical. For an autistic person, it seems like the "Reasonable Code Of Ethics and Behavior" has been tossed out the window in the form of various political, economic, and social groups pushing their blind agenda over everyone and everything. I feel even more pushed out and marginalized, because my views are too square, too moderate, too common sense, too anti-politically correct, etc. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Yes, completely. Casey Anthony trial was a travesty of justice, no doubt about it and a murderer walks free after spending only a couple of years in jail. The world has indeed gotten a quarter of a percentile insaner.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

07 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

Bill43 wrote:
You have no right to come on this board and attack me for expressing my opinion. That is my right as an American citizen. So, stop bothering me. You think you can come on this forum and prey on someone you think is vulnerable. No. I am not a victim, so do not talk to me or respond to me ever again on this discussion board, or I will take action with the administrators on here!

As far as I can tell, Wavefreak58 is an American citizen as well and you're telling him not to express his opinion.

I will acknowledge that "insane" was perhaps over the top, but he didn't say you were insane, he said trying to judge Casey Anthony based on media reports was insane. You do seem a bit overly vigilant and reactive here.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

Bill43 wrote:
You have no right to come on this board and attack me for expressing my opinion. That is my right as an American citizen.

You think "freedom of speech" means you have the right to say what you like, but no-one can answer you? :lol:

The year is still young.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

Bill43 wrote:
For example, with this Casey Anthony thing, I am feeling that people saying "there was a doubt" are another example of how things have gone completely amuck. It seems almost ludicruous that this irresponsible mother was found not guilty.

I actually find the "not guilty" verdict to be evidence that the U.S. justice system is still basically on track and has not gone insane. Twelve people chosen randomly examined the evidence and decided it was not sufficient to convict her of murder, despite her apparent conviction-by-media. She's irresponsible, no doubt, but being irresponsible isn't evidence of murder. That these 12 people managed to remain objective is very reassuring to me. It means our justice system is working very well and just as it was designed to do. Some things have gone downhill but our justice system, in my opinion, has actually incrementally improved over the years.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 2:07 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I will acknowledge that "insane" was perhaps over the top, but he didn't say you were insane, he said trying to judge Casey Anthony based on media reports was insane. You do seem a bit overly vigilant and reactive here.

At least someone recognizes the language for what it was. I'm surprised how often aspies depart from the stereotype of literal interpretation on this forum. I did not suggest that anyone was insane. I stated that a specific behavior seemed "a bit insane".

Also, I am not the one that brought the concept of "insane" into the conversation. It was part of the opening post. How is my use of the same language as that chosen by the original author any more untoward?

The premise offered in the OP was that the world is increasingly insane, but the post itself was contradictory. My pointing that out induced a rather hostile and emotional response. And for my trouble, I am threatened with an "administrative action".

This is an open forum. I have every right to post to any thread. I used no personal attacks (unlike the responses) and adhered to very precise language. What is my crime?

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Thank you, Janissy.
Casey Anthony may be guilty of many horrible things, but it can't be proven that murder is one of them. I am also glad that the jury was able to remain objective and deliver the correct verdict given the evidence that was presented to them. However unpopular and seemingly unfair their decision might be, they did the right thing.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 2:12 pm

Cool down everyone.

The following is an excerpt from the WrongPlanet Rules:

Conduct
-----------
The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

For more details see: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt12459.html

TallyMan, Moderator.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

07 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

At least someone recognizes the language for what it was. I'm surprised how often aspies depart from the stereotype of literal interpretation on this forum. I did not suggest that anyone was insane. I stated that a specific behavior seemed "a bit insane".

Also, I am not the one that brought the concept of "insane" into the conversation. It was part of the opening post. How is my use of the same language as that chosen by the original author any more untoward?

The premise offered in the OP was that the world is increasingly insane, but the post itself was contradictory. My pointing that out induced a rather hostile and emotional response. And for my trouble, I am threatened with an "administrative action".

This is an open forum. I have every right to post to any thread. I used no personal attacks (unlike the responses) and adhered to very precise language. What is my crime?

FWIW I always feel like the use of "insane" is over the top, unless used to refer to actual mental illness. I think your post was reasonable.

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

Notice Janessy. She respectfully responded to me. S/he could have disagreed or agreed with me, but it is respectful. Wave58 attacked me personally by suggesting I am "insane". So, these are the rules. You personally attack me, and I will dish twice as much as you can handle. You dish four times as much, and I will dish back eight. Do not mess with me. I am not helpless, nor vulnerable. Personal attacks on me will have immediate consequences. No negotiations on this one. Respond respectfully, and I will respond in kind. Act like immature children on here, and I will treat you like an immature child.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

Bill43 wrote:
Personal attacks on me will have immediate consequences.

:scratch:

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

I don't care if someone is more right than I am. All I care about is that people obey my rules. I do not flex on my rules. You treat me with any form of disrespect, I will win. Ask anyone who knows me in real life. Do not mess with me. I repeat. Do not mess with me. Treat with basic respect and dignity, and we will get along. Treat with disrespect, and I will win.