Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

schitzollama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

I am a 24 year old neurotypical woman. I am not ugly (Maybe not Victoria's secret, but I've done modeling) I am also not shallow or stupid in any way. Not anymore... at least. I used to go for the overconfident bad boy, and have since realized that the only interesting thing about them is that they keep you on your toes by making you walk on egg shells. There is nothing comforting about the cocky guy thats hard to trust. It started becoming a problem when soon, the only guys who showed interest in me are liars and cheaters and criminals.

I met my fiancee through a friend from work. He is an Aspie and I am so happy I met him. I trust him to the ends of the earth and know that he is always honest with me no matter what. He really is that nice guy you see in movies who remembers everything I've ever told him, does random nice things for me like picking me up from work with my favorite milkshake in hand, and he genuinely loves me even though my frustrating NT ways confuse him sometimes.

He isn't always confident, he's even too shy to talk to my family still usually. But they are understanding and patient with him and so am I. I joined this forum just like many other NT's to try and better understand Asperger's so I can be there for him the way he is for me.

Sometimes, nice guys do finish first. I'd rather be with him than any other guy in the universe! :heart:

LadybugQ
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

You are lucky beyond words!! ! May I ask, how did the two of you meet? A random occurrence? Work together? Matchmaking? I'm tired of being single...

willa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

I'd like to think i'm a nice guy, but lately I seem to find attraction only to women who end up being pill popping basket-cases and/or pathological liars =/. You have a sister? =P

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 8:28 pm

That sounds awesome! Congratulations, OP. I wish I could meet an understanding NT woman like yourself. Most shun me.

michiganfan317
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

It's great to hear success stories like this because it gives everyone hope that there is someone out there for them. Someone that will look past our differences and accept us for who we are and love us. I wish both of you all the happiness in the world. Thanks for giving me a reason to believe.

schitzollama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

LadybugQ wrote:
You are lucky beyond words!! ! May I ask, how did the two of you meet? A random occurrence? Work together? Matchmaking? I'm tired of being single...

We worked together. He got a job to try and become more social and get some life and professional experience. He was roommates with one of my friends but he was always so illusive. He would come home and go straight to his room which made me want to get to know him more. Now that I do, I'm so happy... He has a lot of routines, but sometimes its nice to have that predictability in my life. :D

schitzollama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

willa wrote:
I'd like to think i'm a nice guy, but lately I seem to find attraction only to women who end up being pill popping basket-cases and/or pathological liars =/. You have a sister? =P

My fiancee's last girlfriend was a pathological liar too. She worked with us, and though I'm not a hater of exes generally... she was MEAN to him. Its heartbreaking because he doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body and she totally used him. I'm glad he had the courage to dump her (which humbled her, too :) ) And now I can keep him happy and give him the love she wouldn't. Haha I don't have a sister, sorry!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

Good for you. I'm waking up to certain people too, and learning to be more loving myself

A woman I met with an aspie man is very happy with her husband too.

Once women realise that the bad boys are usually mean and aspie men can be very loving, things can change for us

Then there are TV shows like beauty and the geek :roll:

Subconsciously encouraging women to not breed with geeks but seek neurotypical men