Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 718
Location: Apt 7, Block 16, Street 318/41, Karama, Dubai, UAE

19 Sep 2006, 8:16 am

psych wrote:
Quote:
Hizbollah has trumped both the UN army and the Lebanese government by pouring hundreds of millions of dollars - most of it almost certainly from Iran - into the wreckage of southern Lebanon and Beirut's destroyed southern suburbs. Its massive new reconstruction effort - free of charge to all those Lebanese whose homes were destroyed or damaged in Israel's ferocious five-week assault on the country - has won the loyalty of even the most disaffected members of the Shia community in Lebanon.


http://news.independent.co.uk/world/fis ... 221306.ece


Free houses for all Israels victims? Doesnt sound much like your average 'terrorist' organisation to me.


were you born yesterday? if your thinking was any more shallow, it'd be a mountain

any idiot with half a brain could see through this hezbollah facade... these so called "charity" and "free houses"... there's a lot more to it than meets the eye...

geez.. look for this movie "pallywood" on google video.. it's a real eye-opener


_________________
I have no enemies - merely topologies of ignorance - JC Denton, Deus Ex 2


Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 247

19 Sep 2006, 8:24 am

hellznrg wrote:
psych wrote:
Quote:
Hizbollah has trumped both the UN army and the Lebanese government by pouring hundreds of millions of dollars - most of it almost certainly from Iran - into the wreckage of southern Lebanon and Beirut's destroyed southern suburbs. Its massive new reconstruction effort - free of charge to all those Lebanese whose homes were destroyed or damaged in Israel's ferocious five-week assault on the country - has won the loyalty of even the most disaffected members of the Shia community in Lebanon.


http://news.independent.co.uk/world/fis ... 221306.ece


Free houses for all Israels victims? Doesnt sound much like your average 'terrorist' organisation to me.


were you born yesterday? if your thinking was any more shallow, it'd be a mountain

any idiot with half a brain could see through this hezbollah facade... these so called "charity" and "free houses"... there's a lot more to it than meets the eye...

geez.. look for this movie "pallywood" on google video.. it's a real eye-opener


Ad hominems are logical fallacies, and do nothing to support the agenda you're pushing.

The fact is, Hezbollah rose up as a resistance movement after Israel invaded and occupied southern Lebanon. The fact is, in addition to their military folks, Hezbollah includes doctors, nurses, teachers, politicians, engineers, and more. The fact is, most people involved with Hezbollah are actually just regular folks working in the south's infrastructure, running schools and hospitals, things like that.

And that whole "Pallywood" myth was invented by Israelis and their USA supporters.



McJeff
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 361
Location: The greatest country in the world: The USA

19 Sep 2006, 12:14 pm

Quote:
Ad hominems are logical fallacies, and do nothing to support the agenda you're pushing.


Is it still ad hominem when you have to attack the person rather than the argument, because the argument is so completely imbecilic, idiotic and just plain wrong that it would be obvious to any person with full command of their mental faculties?

Because that's what's wrong with you. The things you say are THAT STUPID.

Quote:
The fact is, Hezbollah rose up as a resistance movement after Israel invaded and occupied southern Lebanon. The fact is, in addition to their military folks, Hezbollah includes doctors, nurses, teachers, politicians, engineers, and more. The fact is, most people involved with Hezbollah are actually just regular folks working in the south's infrastructure, running schools and hospitals, things like that.


They didn't come up until after Israel was already gone. Read some history - start with Wikipedia.

And they do more than have a military? Good for them. Doesn't change the fact that their charter calls for the destruction of Israel, which makes them a terrorist organization - which in turn makes every doctor, nurse, teacher, politician, engineer and more a terrorist.

Quote:
And that whole "Pallywood" myth was invented by Israelis and their USA supporters.


Horse s**t.



hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 718
Location: Apt 7, Block 16, Street 318/41, Karama, Dubai, UAE

19 Sep 2006, 4:18 pm

Scaramouche wrote:
Ad hominems are logical fallacies, and do nothing to support the agenda you're pushing.

The fact is, Hezbollah rose up as a resistance movement after Israel invaded and occupied southern Lebanon. The fact is, in addition to their military folks, Hezbollah includes doctors, nurses, teachers, politicians, engineers, and more. The fact is, most people involved with Hezbollah are actually just regular folks working in the south's infrastructure, running schools and hospitals, things like that.

And that whole "Pallywood" myth was invented by Israelis and their USA supporters.


you conveniently forgot that hezbolla also includes suicide bombers, suicide bomber recruits (anywhere from 3 to 40 years old), their recruiters, the crazy priests yelling from the rooftops to kill anyone who isn't a mohammedan and the wack money grubbing greedy politicians who don't want peace


_________________
I have no enemies - merely topologies of ignorance - JC Denton, Deus Ex 2


Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 247

20 Sep 2006, 5:27 am

Even the source you mentioned ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah ) shows that Hezbollah formed during Israel's occupation of southern Lebanon. Read some history.



Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 247

20 Sep 2006, 5:29 am

hellznrg wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:
Ad hominems are logical fallacies, and do nothing to support the agenda you're pushing.

The fact is, Hezbollah rose up as a resistance movement after Israel invaded and occupied southern Lebanon. The fact is, in addition to their military folks, Hezbollah includes doctors, nurses, teachers, politicians, engineers, and more. The fact is, most people involved with Hezbollah are actually just regular folks working in the south's infrastructure, running schools and hospitals, things like that.

And that whole "Pallywood" myth was invented by Israelis and their USA supporters.


you conveniently forgot that hezbolla also includes suicide bombers, suicide bomber recruits (anywhere from 3 to 40 years old), their recruiters, the crazy priests yelling from the rooftops to kill anyone who isn't a mohammedan and the wack money grubbing greedy politicians who don't want peace


That's a lot of unsupported assertions. I don't do that. I support my assertions. Read: http://leondenarf.freefronthost.com/israelnews.html



McJeff
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 361
Location: The greatest country in the world: The USA

20 Sep 2006, 10:20 am

Did you actually just claim that there are no Hezbollah suicide bombers, and that their politicians do want peace? That's almost as stupid as the time you claimed Israel was exclusively attacking civilians because they were scared of the Hezbos.



Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 247

21 Sep 2006, 3:27 pm

McJeff wrote:
Did you actually just claim that there are no Hezbollah suicide bombers, and that their politicians do want peace? That's almost as stupid as the time you claimed Israel was exclusively attacking civilians because they were scared of the Hezbos.

More straw men?



McJeff
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 361
Location: The greatest country in the world: The USA

21 Sep 2006, 4:29 pm

The only straw man present is your argument that I'm using straw men. Every thing I've called you on is something that you've said.

Suicide bombers? Your claim in response to Hezbo suicide bombers was that it was "a lot of unsupported assertions", when in fact even Hezbollah's supporters don't try to claim they don't use suicide bombers.

I did like your website, though. Quotes like...

website wrote:
Israel bombs seven children

Palestinian officials say an Israeli airstrike on a Gaza house where Hamas militants were meeting killed nine members of one family, including seven children.


Really lend credibility to your opinion.

What you need to do, is start coming up with some actual facts instead of collecting random links about so-called atrocities that you never even bother to read. At least, I presume you don't read them, seeing as you seem to be unaware that many of them are different versions of the same story.



sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,645
Location: Sussex, UK

21 Sep 2006, 5:00 pm

I'll say again, all extremists are ignorant and dangerous.

In any conflict, BOTH sides will commit atrocities. Sadly, this is the way people are.

Conflicts also generate further hatred through propoganda, blanket stereotyping etc.. Whenever people stop talking to each other, watch out! Even when a war ends, the polarized hate can live on for generations. Witness the current situation in Northern Ireland or the way parts of Eastern Europe dissolved into civil war with the end of communism.

It is quite possible to be totally biased while observing the truth, if you choose to observe only the truths which fit your ideology. Both of you are choosing to shut out evidence which upsets your pre-determined ideas - you're not lying as such, but you are being selective with the truth.

How about coming up with some ideas which would allow everyone to resolve their differences, rather than perpetuating them?


_________________
The Sociable Hermit says:
Rock'n'Roll...


McJeff
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 361
Location: The greatest country in the world: The USA

21 Sep 2006, 8:23 pm

Quote:
How about coming up with some ideas which would allow everyone to resolve their differences


Disarm Hezbollah and Hamas and have them recognize Israel's right to exist.

As soon as the terrorists ask for peace and put down their guns, there will be peace.

Until they do this, Israel cannot back down in the slightest because it is their very lives on the line in this ongoing conflict.