Post your online dating messages

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ASMJT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

Grisha wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
you're making me want to join okC for entertainment purposes. which does not sound reasonable. poocakes

Do it!

Where else can you simultaneously destroy your self-esteem and lose your faith in humanity?

:lol: :lol:

TheWeirdPig wrote:
As an English major, don't bother messaging me if you can't write out you, are, for, see, or be. I can understand using u, r, 4, c, or b in text message where you are limited in characters. But in a message or email, make the effort to sound like you have at least a minimal education if you want to meet me.

Add me to the list!

krazykat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

I just received this on OKC from a Ugandan guy living in India.
(I'm in the US)

I read your profile.a it was so good to me.i feel you are the only one missing in my entire life so i decided to stop on it and let you know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. i am a boy with respect and responsible,i respect people also and believe if you contact me,i will give you a full introduction of my self okay. i hope to hear from you soon. cares for my future love.

What do you think, possible scam bot? o_0

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 8:57 pm

Grisha wrote:
TheWeirdPig wrote:
As an English major, don't bother messaging me if you can't write out you, are, for, see, or be. I can understand using u, r, 4, c, or b in text message where you are limited in characters. But in a message or email, make the effort to sound like you have at least a minimal education if you want to meet me.

NOT an English major, but it still gives me a bad impression - whenever someone writes like that they come across as borderline illiterate to me - I type everything, even proper punctuation, when I text - even though it takes much longer to type...

Same here...not an English major but a language geek nonetheless and I *hate* that when it's not a matter of saving characters in a text message. It's annoying even in a text but I can understand people not wanting to run over the character limit. I just got a message today with all that crap on it and the guy also couldn't spell for sh!t and I was like "what a LOSER".

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:02 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Where else can you simultaneously destroy your self-esteem and lose your faith in humanity?

done that all by myself 8)

Has anyone actually had an okC success??

I've met 2 very nice guys there. :D Of course, I'm a bit older (40s) and not looking for the love of my life, so results may vary.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Vandalarius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jul 2011, 11:13 pm

I just created a profile at okC and so far it feels like most of the other dating sites I've tried except for the tests and such, that part I kind of like. I've been a member of match.com since 1995 because I got a free lifetime membership (somewhat ironic since I'm still single) back when they were just getting started. And even though I only log on every few years or so; I've managed to have quite a few first dates, a couple of ex-girlfriends and one ex-fiance.

So I guess it's possible to meet people on places like okC, and at least I now know what I'm not looking for in a girlfriend. :lol:

EDIT: And my last online message was a "wink".