The Indigo, Crystal, Rainbow and Star Children

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

agent000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

I understand people not wanting to believe things that sound all "fluffy bunny" and such and don't fit in with the individual's belief system, and I respect that, but Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow children are from a different religion, and should be treated as such. People are not allowed to bash other people's religion on this forum, and I would appreciate people not bashing this just because they don't personally understand it or believe it themselves. Debate it all you want. That's what this forum is for. But saying it's "crap" or something similar is downright rude and violates the site rules. Please don't do that to the people here. It's inconsiderate.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 1:49 am

agent000 wrote:
I understand people not wanting to believe things that sound all "fluffy bunny" and such and don't fit in with the individual's belief system, and I respect that, but Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow children are from a different religion, and should be treated as such. People are not allowed to bash other people's religion on this forum, and I would appreciate people not bashing this just because they don't personally understand it or believe it themselves. Debate it all you want. That's what this forum is for. But saying it's "crap" or something similar is downright rude and violates the site rules. Please don't do that to the people here. It's inconsiderate.

I don't see why any belief system should deserve any special protections at all.

Anyway, the forum rules state:

Quote:
Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable

agent000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2011, 2:04 am

That's disgusting. This is supposed to be a place where people come to feel safe, not to feel attacked. What is this world coming to where even SUPPORT groups aren't safe? This is sickening.

adventureaddict
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2011, 2:19 am

nemorosa wrote:
I don't see why any belief system should deserve any special protections at all.

Anyway, the forum rules state:

Quote:
Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable

No, the rules actually state:

Quote:
The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

3. Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming). This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

Did you just skip the first one and move on to the second? Or maybe you just read the rules without thinking about what they mean? The second rule says that attacking philosophies is okay, but the first rule says that offensive things towards large groups of people is unacceptable. This sounds to me like having a discussion about religion where someone says "BLANK is ridiculous, it doesn't have any evidence to back it up, why don't they just blah blah blah," is acceptable, whereas an offensive front, such as "Only a bunch of idiots would believe in BLANK," is not acceptable. There is a difference between the two comments, and there are both types of comments on this thread. I would appreciate if the second were to stop, because that's conflicting with the first rule.

Secondly, as for indigo children and the like, yes it is part of a religion. No, it doesn't have "evidence" to back it up, but neither does any religion out there. At least, I haven't seen a single one yet. Maybe New Age beliefs shouldn't get special treatment, but if you believe that, then shouldn't all the other religions be getting bashed right alongside all the New Age bashings? There is special treatment in avoiding bashing one religion just as much as in bashing only one and no other. And neither one is fair.

I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm asking for equality among all religions. I don't want to argue with people about silly things, I want to explore and learn about other religions instead of spending all my time defending the underdog.

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2011, 2:36 am

I was very skeptical watching this video but then came to the part that said the children have delayed language because of their telepathic capabilities. I love this idea! I'm not autistic I'm just telephic, that's the most amazing thing I've ever heard. I'm going to mentally store that one for future reference lol.

Although I'll have to make sure I don't repeat it to my doctor or I'll end up being diagnosed with schizorphenia! How do doctors draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable delusions anyway?

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 2:42 am

adventureaddict wrote:
Did you just skip the first one and move on to the second?

No, because the first section:

Quote:
1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

is not relevant here. Nobody is attacking anyone. An idea or a concept is not a person.

adventureaddict wrote:
This sounds to me like having a discussion about religion where someone says "BLANK is ridiculous, it doesn't have any evidence to back it up, why don't they just blah blah blah," is acceptable, whereas an offensive front, such as "Only a bunch of idiots would believe in BLANK," is not acceptable.

You are making an unwarranted interpretation of the rules.

adventureaddict wrote:
I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm asking for equality among all religions. I don't want to argue with people about silly things, I want to explore and learn about other religions instead of spending all my time defending the underdog.

I'm equal opportunities when it comes to any belief system. I can't speak for anyone else here, but they'll all get the same treatment from me, so you're directing that comment to the wrong person.

adventureaddict
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2011, 2:45 am

nemorosa wrote:
I'm equal opportunities when it comes to any belief system. I can't speak for anyone else here, but they'll all get the same treatment from me, so you're directing that comment to the wrong person.

If, by your standards, you're not going against what I'm suggesting, why are you making an argument? If it doesn't apply to you, let the message reach whoever it does apply to. ;)

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 2:55 am

adventureaddict wrote:
nemorosa wrote:

If, by your standards, you're not going against what I'm suggesting, why are you making an argument? If it doesn't apply to you, let the message reach whoever it does apply to. ;)

No, you missunderstand. I'm not against those who wish to attack any belief system. As far as I'm concerned they are all on an equal footing, but you seem to be suggesting that "indigo children" wasn't being treated as fairly as Christianity might be. I don't think any are deserving of any special treatment.

Last edited by nemorosa on 12 Jul 2011, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 2:59 am

Let's not start a flame war, please? I'm not offended so much as... exasperated, at worst. It's not like I don't get that kind of thing at school; I'm used to it. (I should note that most atheists/agnostics don't get on my case about being openly religious; the ones that do, though... :roll: )

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 3:05 am

adventureaddict wrote:
If it doesn't apply to you, let the message reach whoever it does apply to. ;)

If you have a problem with particular posts, I personally would prefer it if you directly challenged those posts, rather than making generalised complaints.

Whenever someone makes a generalised complaint, it's hard for everyone to work out who the complaint is directed at, and whether the complaint is reasonable.

Oh, and welcome to Wrong Planet :)

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 5:49 am

When I was researching causes of my daughter's unusual behaviour and before ASD was even a consideration, I stumbled across some info on Indigo children and read a book on it. I found it very intriguing and it helped me to put a positive slant on things. Yes, it was a little mystical and fantastical, but being raised as a Catholic, it wasn't that unusual to me - I'm agnostic these days. Even now, that a diagnosis of Aspergers is inevitable (just a long drawn out process), I find that I'm in a really good place, emotionally, which also benefits my daughter. Many other parents see their children as needing to be changed drastically and they are embarrassed by them. I feel they're also missing opportunities to see their child's potential. I do want my daughter to get help in the areas where she struggles (concentration, friendships, etc). But, some of the other stuff, which an acquaintance disciplines her daughter for, I see as a positive. I try to work with my daughter, not against her. The info on Indigo children really helped me with that.

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jul 2011, 6:39 am

Oh my god and guru.It's another new age cuke out to convince people that they are special.Acting like these children are gods.All children have some of those traits in the description.Many autistic people suffer for their difference.Evolution doesnt work like how people think it does.Evolution is 2 people making another person that's like those 2 people and that's it.If a few aspies pop up, nothing special.If aspies have a bunch of children and that keeps going on, than humanity will become that than.I don't see that happening either.NTs out number us 1 to 150 and I don't think many aspies wanna raise a bunch of little brats.But I digress.This isn't real.It makes no sense.I know this a form of phraise but if someone liked to complement the smell of my farts, I couldn't let that slide.Aspies have always been around.There's nothing new or great about us.

Tadpole
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2011, 6:41 am

agent000 wrote:
That's disgusting. This is supposed to be a place where people come to feel safe, not to feel attacked. What is this world coming to where even SUPPORT groups aren't safe? This is sickening.

So let me get this right, we can say anything negative we like about any other belief or philosophy so long as we are not rude, or augmentative, But we can only agree with or say nothing negative about Christianity.
That is what you’d like Isn’t it?
Every other philosophy is fair game but not yours…
Because people doubt your religion it make you feel disgusted and unsafe.
Jude 1:22 - "have mercy on some, who are doubting."
If your faith is so easily to bruise, it must be small and weak, even smaller than the seed of a mustard plant.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 7:14 am

The music, video and script pages really sucked ass big time.

I thought I was going to be ill while watching it.

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2011, 7:25 am

Kookygirl wrote:
I was very skeptical watching this video but then came to the part that said the children have delayed language because of their telepathic capabilities. I love this idea! I'm not autistic I'm just telephic, that's the most amazing thing I've ever heard. I'm going to mentally store that one for future reference lol.

Although I'll have to make sure I don't repeat it to my doctor or I'll end up being diagnosed with schizorphenia! How do doctors draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable delusions anyway?

God I wish. Though it's about as true for me as "my speach was delayed because I was working on my epic bo-staff skills"

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

Oohh! Does that mean I'm Jesus' reincarnation? Or Buddha? Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Really, what a load of bullpoo. As many here have said, this is just a label created by desperate parents who wanted their kids to "special". Maybe it isn't the parents fault: it could be some money grabbing New Age guru. Anyway, this is no different from every religion out there.

If they really wanted to help, they should be promoting autism awareness, instead of spreading this "Magical Genius Kid" poo.