How do you deal with people touching your belongings?

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:57 am

chrissyrun wrote:
No, I don't mean deadbolts.
I mean "other" techniques.
You could make the room unbearable to be in by making it a mess.
You could stuff blankets underneath the door so it's hard to get into.
You could hide the keyboard (because those are detachable, correct) so they can't log in.
You could constantly go into their room.
You could strategically place pins on the floor (just make sure you know where hey are).
I will try and think of more options, but those are the first ones to come to mind.

Well, I always did want to do a reenactment of Home Alone. :wink:

Maybe you are on to something here. I'm going to have to be sneaky with this though.

EmmaUK12
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 4:23 am

I HATE it, but i pretend to not care as i don't want to cause problems.

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 5:54 am

i hate it too, i think i almost wanted to hit my mom because of it too. I always think she is snooping around in my room.

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2011, 6:27 am

I am totally paranoid about people touching my stuff.......I don't like leaving my car in a car park.... Work is ok, because they all know how fussy I am about my car and I get my own spot on the end of the row.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 7:56 am

kahlua wrote:
I am totally paranoid about people touching my stuff.......I don't like leaving my car in a car park.... Work is ok, because they all know how fussy I am about my car and I get my own spot on the end of the row.

I completely know what you mean about having your own car parking spot! I don't drive, but my dad always used to drive me to figure skating every Saturday. I'd freak if it was taken.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 8:04 am

I try to pretend that I don't care, but I don't think I succeed at it - I sometimes say something that is meant to be joking about it but it comes out very ... sharp and irritated.

I hate it when people mess with my stuff and my space. It really upsets me - I get all knotty in my stomach and I can't think about anything else for ages.

It's not a germ thing. It's my space they are messing with.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2011, 1:09 am

I hate it. I used to freak out about it when I was younger but now I restrain myself. I was nice enough to let my friend's bf use my laptop when he'd visited previously and he changed the settings on it so this time I hid it in my room. ugh.

Fiebre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 12:33 pm

I think I actually handle people touching my belongings better than some NTs around me. I don't care much even if they rearrange something. Well, unless I can't find my things later or if I have some items that I don't want anyone to see.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 1:10 pm

i hate it and can't stand it. :?

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

Don't touch my stuff! I hate when people clean up or move things.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:32 pm

It burns me up inside. In college my roommate kept getting on my computer even though 1. he had his own computer, and 2. I asked him not to use my computer, because it is very old and susceptible to breaking down at any moment. Sure enough, I found several pictures of his on my computer, and he'd signed into Facebook on my computer and saved his email and password. After that I found a way to put a password on my computer and he didn't mess with it anymore.

I used to have a huge video game collection and some of them ended up stolen, so I ended up having to have a no-touch policy when it comes to that as well.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

I freakin' FREAK OUT.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

I hate people touching my stuff without permission, I instantly get upset if I see it, although I try to hide it sometimes. I also hate it when people come into my room without permission, it's my only personal space, it's my sanctuary. It's like they don't understand that if I'm in my room and I close the door I don't want to be bothered. My grandma does this thing where she knocks and opens the door without me having time to respond, so then what's the point in knocking!

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 1:18 am

RW665 wrote:
My grandma does this thing where she knocks and opens the door without me having time to respond, so then what's the point in knocking!

Man, my whole family does that. >.<

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

Quote:
How do you deal with people touching your belongings?

Badly.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2011, 12:17 pm

When I was younger I'd yell or scream, then hit the person on the arm and clutch my stuff closely to me. I deal with it a lot better these days. I usually say "excuse me?" and they usually either apologise or just look at me in a weird way. If it's the second one I say something like "Please don't touch my things without permission" in a way that I hope sounds polite and not angry. It's something I've had to practice a lot. I still have my "off days" where I overreact but on the whole I've made a lot of progress.