How do you deal with people touching your belongings?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NUJV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jul 2011, 12:50 pm

I don't know if this is an AS thing or if it's just me, but I really hate it when people pick up my things without asking or come into my bedroom and move things. Is there anyone else who gets really annoyed when people touch something that is yours or pick up something that is yours without asking? It sounds childish and selfish, but I just always have to ask people to give it back to me or put it down.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 12:54 pm

I ask them a thousand questions about why they touched my stuff and if I don't get a reasonable reply I get upset and ask them not to do it again without telling me. I try not to scream at them though on the inside I want to. I am not a possessive person. Its just that I hate not knowing what happened to my things.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 2:12 pm

There are few things that I cannot stand more that people touching my belongings. One quirk I have is I'm a germophobe so I can't stand other people invading my space. I feel like when someone touches my stuff I have to douse it in gas and light it on fire because nothing else will make it clean again. One of the biggest reasons I live alone is I cannot tolerate other people defiling my possessions.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

i hate people touching my stuff and going into my room. even people that wanna check their email on my laptop, i get mad. and its usually people that have a blackberry or a iphone.

and as for my room, i hate people going in there. its my space not yours. my parents are convinced that i'm a hoarder because of all the stuff that i have in there. if they dont like it, then dont go in there.

i get really pissed about people tell me something that they know i'm not going to like, but say anyway.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

I hate when people touch my things and don`t put them back in the right spot or crooked! I have OCD that could be pretty bad sometimes! My mom even has to ask me if she can touch something before she does it!

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:15 pm

I DON'T.
My family can't go in my room, and I keep all my stuff in my room.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:16 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
I DON'T.

Same. Especially my computer. :lol: No one uses my desktop, except under my close supervision.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

Not very well. I usually say something like "put it down" in a bland tone, and they usually concur because everyone already knows I hate it when they do. :wink:

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm

dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
I DON'T.

Same. Especially my computer. :lol: No one uses my desktop, except under my close supervision.

I have to use the family computer, I don't get a laptop of my own until I go to college. :?
The only people I let use my things is little cousins because they listen to me...unlike siblings. And that is usually under supervision.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
I DON'T.

Yup. I absolutely hate it when people mess with my stuff, especially my computer. It pisses me off more than just about anything. I try locking my door, but it's easy to unlock from the outside. I tried putting a password on my computer, but my mom won't allow that.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

SammichEater wrote:
dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
I DON'T.

Yup. I absolutely hate it when people mess with my stuff, especially my computer. It pisses me off more than just about anything. I try locking my door, but it's easy to unlock from the outside. I tried putting a password on my computer, but my mom won't allow that.

For locking your room, add extra locks or precautions.
What type of computer is it? Maybe you could hide it?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

No, no, no... Hate it.
Was in my IEP not to, but of course that was ignored a lot of the time.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
I DON'T.

I don't think putting a deadbolt on a bedroom door would go over very well. And my computer is a desktop. It weighs about 25-30 pounds, and it's almost a full size ATX case, which is huge. Hiding it isn't really any more of a viable option than hiding a forklift in my bedroom.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

I have become very good about hiding my irritation with people....

EXCEPT when they TOUCH MY STUFF!

It's the fastest way to make me snap at anyone and usually leads to confirmation in their minds that I'm a psycho. I have lost friends over it but am lucky to have a current friend who doesn't mind my aversion to sharing. I live alone and will probably never marry again. I am divorced and couldn't even tolerate my ex touching my things and invading my space.

I don't even like leaving my car at the dealer to be serviced. Yes, I like that it's fixed, but some unknown people are doing surgery on it... and they sit inside to drive it in and out of the garage. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

SammichEater wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
I DON'T.

I don't think putting a deadbolt on a bedroom door would go over very well. And my computer is a desktop. It weighs about 25-30 pounds, and it's almost a full size ATX case, which is huge. Hiding it isn't really any more of a viable option than hiding a forklift in my bedroom.

No, I don't mean deadbolts.
I mean "other" techniques.
You could make the room unbearable to be in by making it a mess.
You could stuff blankets underneath the door so it's hard to get into.
You could hide the keyboard (because those are detachable, correct) so they can't log in.
You could constantly go into their room.
You could strategically place pins on the floor (just make sure you know where hey are).
I will try and think of more options, but those are the first ones to come to mind.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:26 am

I don't say anything, but I get noticeably twitchy and tense.

Especially if someone touches my books. Only my dad can touch my books (I don't know why he gets preferential treatment!).