How do you deal with people touching your belongings?

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

I would not know would any one like to try and find out :wink:

MissAwkward
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

I can't stand people other than my husband and son touching my stuff. I hide most of my stuff since we live with his family. I don't even like people looking at my stuff. :x

Mad_Jessie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2011, 5:44 pm

I live in an apartment and sometimes my Mom, who has a key, walks in and tries to be nice and do my dishes for me. And I feel awful because I know she means well. But she makes me feel insecure and very lost when she does that. I like everything to be exactly the way it was when I left it. And I hate it even more if she has put something where it doesn't belong. Every item in my place has it's own place in my head. I just have two or three places where it could be. And if someone makes up a fourth placee I just can't find my stuff :(

iluvgiraffes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

I can't stand other people touching my things at all. It usually doesn't end well.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 10:03 pm

i remember having issues with this as a child. it still makes me twitchy

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

This thread makes me feel warm inside. It makes me feel like I belong.

Screenager
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

This is what normally happens. Lets call the stupid person who touches my stuff SPWTMS (Stupid Person Who Touches My Stuff)

SPWTMS: Wow what a pretty *something precious*
Me: DON'T TOUCH IT!
SPWTMS: * Touches it anyway*
Me: NOOOOOOO *graps it and puts it back perfectly*
SPWTMS: Dude what's wrong?
Me: *breathes deeply* Just don't touch me stuff okay?
SPWTMS: Okay... Freak.

Okay I may exaggerate a bit, but that's how it feels.

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2011, 5:56 pm

I worked as a seamstress in a bridal shop.
Other members of staff used to take things from the sewing room - things I use to do my job.
It drove me crazy - especially when thay took the good scissors.
In the end I took in 2 pair of my own scissors - gave them all the other scissors in the building saying:

"There you go you can have all these" *then showing them my scissors* " but if you take these out of the workroom I'll chop your bloody fingers off!"

I tried to act jovial and not show my true feelings - but probably failed miserably!!

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2011, 8:09 pm

Sparx wrote:
RW665 wrote:
My grandma does this thing where she knocks and opens the door without me having time to respond, so then what's the point in knocking!

Man, my whole family does that. >.<

When I was a kid/teen I used to lock myself in the bathroom for peace & quiet to read (the lock on my bedroom was a joke). So then my sister would rip the door off the hinges, I kid not, like I shouldn't get any alone time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

I ask them not to touch my stuff.

TexanPatriot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Nov 2011, 12:30 am

I cringe. I have to really clamp down not to have an outburst. Same with sitting in "my chair"...everybody knows I'll try to be polite, but I can for only so long.

TheWrithing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2013, 12:10 am

I'm not too bad about many things except dishware. I have a love for buying artistically unique and retro styled dishware and have tried to consistently advise my family against using them. They have their own dishware and I have mine and I even point out my pieces specifically when it seems that it's warranted. I do this because it makes me furious and saddened when someone chips or destroys one of my dishes. I've even taken a mug out, broken it to smithereens and disposed of it because someone deliberately used it and made a large chip in the rim. I knew it would only make me angry to have to look at it in it's ruined state day after day and sorrowfully rid myself of it.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 5:41 am

I try not to let it show, but if anybody ever comes in my flat, quite rarely thankfully, Iam watching them like a hawk to see the areas they contaminate, then when they are gone Iam up all night washing everything from the ceiling down in the contaminated area.

When I take my car for MOT, I cover the inside in new plastic dust sheeting so the dirty mechanic doesn't contaminate my car which would then contaminate me and then I would contaminate everything I touch in my whole world.

I forgot I was due to go to work one day so didn't turn up, they sent the Police around to break in my front door to check I was ok, not being there to observe, I had to conclude they had contaminated every square inch of everything I owned, so I immediately went off sick for 3 or 4 months with stress so I could decontaminate my life.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 11:52 am

I completely get you.

I don't really mind if someone "touches" my stuff just because they touch it. Indeed many things I have someone else might need to use. But I put things where they are for a reason. If it gets put back in the wrong place, it really messes with my OCD tendencies.

I try to be understanding because I am a tactile person, and I love to touch and fiddle with things. I know that upsets NTs, so I try to be understanding when someone like myself feels compelled to touch something sitting on my desk.

estahedaj
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jun 2016, 6:16 pm

so = google.com>enter= people who touch your stuff without asking>here

today a lady decided to open my left over pizza box and I shouted ''DONT OPEN THE BOX!''

my anxiety for people touching my stuff extends to a pizza box with half a pizza in it. the other week I freaked out over the same person binning my 1/4 full coke can without asking first.

I once asked this person if she wanted a cake and she offered MY cakes to someone else without asking me.

what is with this person and my food?

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm

I don't like it, either. I have my things arranged in a very specific way, and it drives me crazy when something is out of place.