Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

I have the same number of nieces as I do nephews, so I don't know if I am an aunt or an uncle.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
I have the same number of nieces as I do nephews, so I don't know if I am an aunt or an uncle.

:wink:

hehe

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 5:47 pm

Not an aunt yet....I'm only the 2nd oldest in my family, and my bro is still on a mission.
But I have cousins that are young that I'm close to.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

I'm an aunt. None of my brothers have kids yet (one of them is expecting) but my sister in law and brother in law do. I don't feel close to any of them but I don't mind playing video games with them, but only the ones I like. I won't play the ones I don't like or don't find interest in.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

I'm an aunt. I have nephews, ages 2 & 5. I love spending time with them!

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 9:41 pm

No, but when I'm older (and my two siblings as well) I will be an aunt.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

Uncle to 6 nephews and one niece, in two batches of four nephews/two nephews+niece.
I'm very close to my youngest nephew (hah - he's 30) from the first batch, who is great fun and has a similar bizarre sense of humour to me; get on reasonably well with the three others who are very NT and often very loud.
The two other nephews from the second batch I rarely see but it's Ok when I do, and if I see my niece (who I barely know) more than once a year it's unusual.
Strange thing is that, apart from the nephew I get on really well with, there's no sense of family; always the "on the outside, observing" thing. :roll:

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

I have one niece who is my half-sister's child. I'm not close to them. She is nearly 11, and I haven't seen her since she was 6.

I would like to be closer, but they live quite far away, I had a falling out with my sister that I cannot get past, and my anxiety makes it very difficult for me to travel.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

I became a half-uncle on the 27th of December 1997.

I became a (legit, if you like) uncle on the 21st of July 2008.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 2:00 pm

I have 4 nephews, and 4 nieces. Not particularly close to any of them.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

I have one nephew. I'm his godmother as well. I think I was a lousy choice for a godmother but my brother insisted.
I love the kid a lot and I would do anything for him but I don't know if we're very close. I don't get to see him often but we do have a connection. I even think he likes spending time with me.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

^^ Greetings everyone. Thank you for this lovely question. I believe that I am blessed with three niece humans, one human nephew, a kitty nephew and also I was blessed by three additional kitty nephews I believe, however I believe that my sister sent them away. I miss them very much. I believe that Iove all of my nieces and nephews very muh. Also I believe that my brother's happy girlfriend is currently pregnant also.

^^ I believe that my oldest niece is of 13 years age and is a daughter of my sister. I believe that she was born when I was approximately 8 years of age. I love this niece very much and I believe that she may be considered for me as a little sister (I believe that my age difference with this lovely niece is less than that for me and my sister).

I believe that my second oldest niece (I hope this is alrighty that I name her Plip for this little post) is ten years of age and is my brother's lovely daughter. I see not poor Plip very often as she lives within Scotland with her mother as my brother and Plip's mother have separated.

^^ I believe my sister's youngest human children are three years of age(my third niece) and 1 year of age (my first human nephew). I am worried that my nephew is very frightened of me. ^^ I believe that my kitty nephew is very lovely and also possesses the same name as myself and perhaps may be name buddies. However I believe that I have met him only twice as he is the kitty son of my brother's girlfriend who has very recently begun to live within my brother's house as they shall be blessed by a new human baby soon.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Tomasu wrote:
^^ Greetings everyone. Thank you for this lovely question. I believe that I am blessed with three niece humans, one human nephew, a kitty nephew and also I was blessed by three additional kitty nephews I believe, however I believe that my sister sent them away. I miss them very much. I believe that Iove all of my nieces and nephews very muh. Also I believe that my brother's happy girlfriend is currently pregnant also.

^^ I believe that my oldest niece is of 13 years age and is a daughter of my sister. I believe that she was born when I was approximately 8 years of age. I love this niece very much and I believe that she may be considered for me as a little sister (I believe that my age difference with this lovely niece is less than that for me and my sister).

I believe that my second oldest niece (I hope this is alrighty that I name her Plip for this little post) is ten years of age and is my brother's lovely daughter. I see not poor Plip very often as she lives within Scotland with her mother as my brother and Plip's mother have separated.

^^ I believe my sister's youngest human children are three years of age(my third niece) and 1 year of age (my first human nephew). I am worried that my nephew is very frightened of me. ^^ I believe that my kitty nephew is very lovely and also possesses the same name as myself and perhaps may be name buddies. However I believe that I have met him only twice as he is the kitty son of my brother's girlfriend who has very recently begun to live within my brother's house as they shall be blessed by a new human baby soon.

Can you teach me how to write like this?

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

I'm an uncle, though he does get on my nerves from time to time. Mostly because, I see him everyday without any time by myself.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

I am an uncle to 2 separate branches of my family. My eldest brother has a 14 y/o girl and 11 y/o boy to whom I am becoming more close as they get older. I find young children a challenge with their excitability. :P

My younger brother has a cat and like Tomasu I have always thought of her as 'family' although she now lives outdoors most of the time because my brother has a 5 y/o boy and the cat does not like his excitability. I don't see any of them that often but I was in a room alone with my youngest nephew on his birthday recently and he broke the silence by saying "Hello Uncle Russ." 8O
That made me feel sad and inadequate. :cry:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
I was in a room alone with my youngest nephew on his birthday recently and he broke the silence by saying "Hello Uncle Russ." 8O
That made me feel sad and inadequate. :cry:
:lol: Yes, I've had similar experiences with some of my nephews' kids. They don't quite know what to make of me - and me likewise with them.