Hell Yes 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Yes 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Hell No 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 23

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

14 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

I'm beginning to think my obsession is a little bit unhealthy.

How about you guys? :)

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:19 pm

Unhealthy? Bah!

What the hell is unhealthy about doing this for 10 hours a day?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacdFOTxdto[/youtube]

This is preposterous!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

14 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

Playing this all day long if I have nothing to do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHEE8ry_Q6k&NR=1[/youtube]

I'd consider this a little unhealthy, since I've beaten it about eight times now :lol:

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

You can't get more obsessed than space sandbox!

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:42 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Playing this all day long if I have nothing to do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHEE8ry_Q6k&NR=1[/youtube]

I'd consider this a little unhealthy, since I've beaten it about eight times now :lol:

Geez, I don't think I've ever beaten a game more than twice. :lol: The Ratchet and Clank games are awesome, and I beat 1-3 on the PS2 and Size Matters on the PSP, but unfortunately I don't have a PS3. :(

My obsession is video games too, and I play them all day, although I usually play one game no more than an hour at a time, since I lose interest in it quickly (only to regain interest in it a few hours later :roll: ).

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:46 pm

Your poll made me want an option that was just "Hell".

But no, I don't think my obsession is unhealthy. I don't miss work deadlines because of it or anything.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:53 pm

I love my obsessions, but I do admit I can go overboard sometimes. For example, if I forget to eat all day or my eyes are red and puffy due to staring at the computer screen all day, then I know I overdid it a bit. Did I enjoy it? You bet. Is it healthy? Probably not.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

I loove the ratchet and clank games, up your arsenal ( the 3rd of the original trilogy) is my favorite
]
i beat the original 5 times, the second 3 times and the 3rd 4 times, deadlocked/dreadzone 3 times and I think i *started* tools of destruction a bunch of times.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:58 pm

Phonic wrote:
I loove the ratchet and clank games, up your arsenal ( the 3rd of the original trilogy) is my favorite
]
i beat the original 5 times, the second 3 times and the 3rd 4 times, deadlocked/dreadzone 3 times and I think i *started* tools of destruction a bunch of times.

Unfortunately, my copy of Tools of Destruction was stepped on whe my sister had one of her tantrums. So I don't have it anymore. UYA is also my personal favorite, but I like them all.

I miss making fun of Percival :(

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 1:47 am

I voted hell no because I love my Billy Idol!! !! ! He makes me so happy I wanna go on the rooftop and scream it!!

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 3:05 am

In all honesty, I don't actually play MAG for 10 hours a day anymore. But I miss being able to. Sure, I've wasted about 1,000 hours playing that game, but all I have left are good memories. I still remember the first game of domination I played, I was running around inside the objective and there was crap blowing up everywhere. It was amazing. I don't really get any sort of euphoric experience off of it anymore though. It just gets boring after an hour. I need a new game to play. Maybe Twisted Metal or Battlefield 3.

RonWren
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2011, 3:39 am

I would say maybe. One of my obsessions is Hogwarts castle. I'm almost done with a model of it. (almost finished it before Deathly Hallows part 2) I can name every change they made to it in every movie. From the addition of the clock and astronomy towers, to the relocation of Hagrid's hut and the womping willow. Also how the entrance hall in front of the great hall was replaced with a courtyard in the fourth movie, and how in the newest movie, they enlarged that courtyard so as to encompany the big battle scene. They also moved the viaduct from being attached to the East wing, to attaching it to a small hill that led to the forbidden forest. They also changed the outer walls of the paved courtyard, and increased the height of the tower that's at the corner of it. The cluster of towers overlooking the training grounds has been different in every movie. Also the bell towers used to have small round turrets on top of them in the first two movies, now they're pointy triangle shaped roofs. Also the..... Um... Oh. Woops. yeah. This obsession of mine is indeed unhealthy (I think I just proved that, didn't I) The only thing is, is that if I didn't have it, I would probably be severely depressed, which is also unhealthy.

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2012, 2:15 am

I voted hell no because I love my Buffy Summers!! !! ! She makes me so happy I wanna go on the rooftop and scream it!!

Buffy Summers is my heroine and role model forever!! <3

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 2:48 am

I play something all day, too!

This:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 3:30 am

I think my obsession with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp movies (Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and especially Alice in Wonderland) might be unhealthy. It's not nearly as interesting to me as it was during the first year that I'd had it (back in 2010), but I'm still way too emotionally attached to it to give it up completely and allow another interest to take its place. Every time I try, I wind up feeling very down in the dumps. My psychiatrist says I feel guilty for not being passionate about it like I used to be, and that I should try finding other things to enjoy alongside it. Which is what I'm currently trying to do, and so far it seems to be going OK.