Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

Evinceo wrote:
In college, being the one guy who refuses drinks feels awful. I know that I should be drinking, but I don't. I explained this to a parent, who figured she could break the reluctance by offering me some.

I've had it twice, both small quantities. First time tasted gross, second time not so much. But what disturbed me is the feeling of, hours later, thinking that I would like more of it. That's exactly how I felt when I first tried caffeine (to which I am now hopelessly addicted), and I was disturbed enough that I haven't touched it since.

Why 'should' you be drinking?....alcohol is one of the worse drugs there is, there is certainly nothing wrong with not drinking it. If you feel like you'll get addicted to it then you probably shouldn't drink it because alcohol addiction sucks due to all the harm it can do with long term excessive use which will happen when your tolerance keeps getting higher.

I am 22 and well as much as I've been a heavy drinker the past few years...I am kind of bored of it now. Not to mention it has a way of bringing out peoples idiocy and I've seen it so much in my family and even I've had my moments, it just has made it less appealing so I am currently in no mood to drink and if I do feel like doing so again I will do it less often.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 12:33 am

I hardly ever drink anymore. I used to drink a long time ago before I started taking meds a long time ago.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:34 am

I don't drink at all. I used to drink in order to try and fit in but gave up on it. It doesn't fit who I am and so I see no reason to waste money on something I don't like. The sad thing is that not drinking makes me a social outcast...but then I am anyways so it really doesn't matter. I don't understand why though. It must be a neurotypical thing, the need to conform others to the group. I can be around people who are drinking (so long as they are not drunk) and it doesn't bother me. Why does it bother them that I am not engaging in a social activity that I find morally and physically repugnant?

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

I might have a shot or two of Jack Daniels if I'm having throat problems, but that's about it.......alcohol was not a big thing in my family, so I guess that's kind of rubbed off on me.