My girlfriend thinks she might be pregnant?

Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Fnord wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So valid. Women still try to "... get their man on the Preggie Plan", even when the man is not the real father of the child, or when the pregnancy itself isn't real in the first place.

and.... some men still ditch their significant other at the first sign of possible pregnancy.

Granted. That's why (I think) women should wait until marriage before "giving it up" to just any bloke who treats them nice. At least if he turns from Dr. Jekyll to Mr Hyde, she can divorce him and get half of the joint property and a good portion of his wages.

so it is the responsibility of the female to say yes or no to sex? men could just as easily keep it in their pants. it takes two to tango. abstinence from both sides is the best way to avoid pregnancy of course, but it is no more reasonable to expect women to say no than to expect it from men.

No it isn't. That's typical misogynistic crap. Yes, other than removal of the ovaries, abstinence is the only 100% effective means of preventing pregnancy, but NO, it isn't 100% the female's responsibility.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 6:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Meow101 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
Fnord wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Never, ever take only a woman's word for it when she says, "You are the father".

the jeremy kyle generation.

No, Jerry Springer. I'm American

so 90s.

So valid. Women still try to "... get their man on the Preggie Plan", even when the man is not the real father of the child, or when the pregnancy itself isn't real in the first place.

At 16? I'd think it's more of a freakout than anything else at that age. I know at 16 I wouldn't have been thinking about "trapping" a guy if I thought I was preggers. I would have been freaking and hoping and crossing my fingers that I WASN'T pregnant!

Well ... that's you.
Meow101 wrote:
What an attitude toward the female gender!

If you had met my first wife, you would know how I gained that attitude.

So, is racism okay if someone was hurt by a black or Hispanic or Asian person? Would hating men be okay if a woman was married to a douchebag male? It's wrong to have a bad attitude toward a whole group of people because one person belonging to that group did something wrong to you.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

This just in. Your girlfriend is not pregnant. She wants to play a mind game with you. After it is revealed she is not pregnant, take it as a learning lesson.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 7:06 pm

Meow101 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Meow101 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
Fnord wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Never, ever take only a woman's word for it when she says, "You are the father".

the jeremy kyle generation.

No, Jerry Springer. I'm American

so 90s.

At 16? I'd think it's more of a freakout than anything else at that age. I know at 16 I wouldn't have been thinking about "trapping" a guy if I thought I was preggers. I would have been freaking and hoping and crossing my fingers that I WASN'T pregnant!

Well ... that's you.
Meow101 wrote:
What an attitude toward the female gender!

If you had met my first wife, you would know how I gained that attitude.

So, is racism okay if someone was hurt by a black or Hispanic or Asian person? Would hating men be okay if a woman was married to a douchebag male? It's wrong to have a bad attitude toward a whole group of people because one person belonging to that group did something wrong to you.

Is it a "bad attitude" to verify the claims of others, or does having a "good attitude" mean being gullible and easily led into a lifetime of indebtedness and servitude?

Why is it "sexist" to warn other men that a woman may not be telling the truth when she says, "I'm pregnant" and "You're the father"?

Women lying about paternity carries a heavier risk for men than men lying about fidelity carries for women.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Is it a "bad attitude" to verify the claims of others, or does having a "good attitude" mean being gullible and easily led into a lifetime of indebtedness and servitude?

Why is it "sexist" to warn other men that a woman may not be telling the truth when she says, "I'm pregnant" and "You're the father"?

You are encouraging young people to err on the side of mistrust. If the relationship is good (which you don't know one way or the other) then insisting on a DNA test (aka insisting you don't trust her) may very well RUIN it. I don't know one way or the other either, but I'm not the one advising adding the insult of mistrust to the already traumatic event of an adolescent unintended pregnancy. If he has REASON not to trust, then he should by all means ask for a DNA test. But it's not up to me to determine that. You seem to think that just by virtue of her being FEMALE, that gives him automatic reason not to trust, and THAT is what is sexist!

Quote:
Women lying about paternity carries a heavier risk for men than men lying about fidelity carries for women.

I can't believe you actually made a claim like this! Lying about fidelity carries the risk of exposure to FATAL DISEASES without the woman's knowledge! 8O What risk of lying about paternity is "heavier" than that????

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

orchidee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2011, 7:30 pm

Where has the OP posted anything to support any claims that his girlfriend is unfaithful?! I have read every response in this thread and I don't see it anywhere.

Not every 16 year old girl is manipulative and playing head games with her boyfriend. In fact, the minority are - and if this girl is anything like the vast majority of 16-year-old girls, she is probably just as terrified as the OP is about this pregnancy scare, if not more! After all, if it turns out she is pregnant, she's going to have to go through carrying the baby for 9 months and enduring the taunting and disdain of her classmates, parents, etc. At least no one will be able to look at the OP and judge him on sight.

Thinking that a teenage girl would get herself pregnant intentionally to "trap" a man into marriage is a ridiculous idea! Do you honestly think a girl would WANT to be a teenage mother?! Besides, the OP didn't mention marriage, just keeping the baby. Things don't necessarily lead to the other in this case, not anymore. To think "I'm pregnant, now I must get married" is an opinion that not everyone holds anymore.

Please cut the OP and his girlfriend some slack because this is probably a VERY stressful time for both of them. Requesting a paternity test without VERY good reason to do so at this point would probably hurt her very badly, when she's already stressing from the pregnancy... it just seems like a very bad idea.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

I have to admit I'm with Fnord. I don't like it when people get all politically correct when others are rightfully skeptical about different situations and events. Nobody in this thread knows anything about this girl. She might be an irrational nut job and she's only 16 so it's not very likely she's going to be mentally/emotionally mature in comparison with some older women. If protection has been used this girl could be testing his commitment with this supposed 'revelation'.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 10:06 pm

ChrispyBiscuits wrote:
I want to be the farther if she is pregnant but we are only 16! I really hope she isnt pregnant :(

I know this is not what you want to hear right now, but if you do not want you 16 yo gf getting pregnant, then dont have sex. Sex is not a game. That is not something you make to feel good. Sex is a responsibility. Sex = pregnancy. Getting pregnant is always a possibility if you are sexually active, EVEN if you are using some kind of birth control method. If you can get away with it, I recommend you to think before acting next time.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I have to admit I'm with Fnord. I don't like it when people get all politically correct when others are rightfully skeptical about different situations and events. Nobody in this thread knows anything about this girl. She might be an irrational nut job and she's only 16 so it's not very likely she's going to be mentally/emotionally mature in comparison with some older women. If protection has been used this girl could be testing his commitment with this supposed 'revelation'.

More misogynistic BS by yet *another* person who knows NOTHING about the individual girl and the situation. Politically correct, my hind end. She MIGHT be an irrational nut job, but it's MORE likely she's a scared teenager. No, it's not likely for a 16 year old to be emotionally mature, which is just one reason why attacking her like this with presuppositions of manipulative behavior is indefensible. You're ASSuming because she is female that she is manipulating, testing, being dishonest, etc. Even if it turns out she isn't pregnant, it STILL doesn't mean she was doing any of those things---NEWSFLASH---teenage girls have irregular cycles and it spooks them when a period is late and they've been sexually active!

A MATURE woman would probably wait till she has confirmation before saying anything, but GUESS WHAT! She's a teenager! Someone my age would have had enough experience to know that a late period doesn't always mean pregnancy, but a teenage girl WOULD get scared! Geeze.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

Meow101 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

You are encouraging young people to err on the side of mistrust. If the relationship is good (which you don't know one way or the other) then insisting on a DNA test (aka insisting you don't trust her) may very well RUIN it. I don't know one way or the other either, but I'm not the one advising adding the insult of mistrust to the already traumatic event of an adolescent unintended pregnancy. If he has REASON not to trust, then he should by all means ask for a DNA test. But it's not up to me to determine that. You seem to think that just by virtue of her being FEMALE, that gives him automatic reason not to trust, and THAT is what is sexist!

No, I am encouraging young people to err on the side of self-preservation.

Meow101 wrote:
Quote:

I can't believe you actually made a claim like this! Lying about fidelity carries the risk of exposure to FATAL DISEASES without the woman's knowledge! 8O What risk of lying about paternity is "heavier" than that????

Because while both men and women can lie about fidelity, only a woman can lie about paternity. It's called Paternity Fraud, and it happens. Often.

> Link to "If the Genes Don't Fit, You Must Acquit" webpage <

Paternity fraud happens to men more often than you may like to think. THAT is why I'm warning the OP to wait and verify the claim.

It's also why I've been supporting the push for legislation that would (1) require DNA tests in all paternity claims, and to be implemented the moment the child is born, whether or not the child's parents are married at the time; and (2) absolve any man from being require to support any child that is not his.

Of course, this effort is meeting with resistance from women, women's groups, and those who believe that all men should be held accountable for the actions that any one man may commit, especially against women.

I am responsible for no other man's child, only my own.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

She just texted me saying that she isnt pregnant and that we are over, so that brings this thread to a close...

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

ouch...

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

yep... C'est la vie...

orchidee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

I'm really sorry to hear it, ChrispyBiscuits.

I hope things go better in the future.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

well:

good she isn't pregnant
bad that your relationship with her ended

You've certainly had an intense few days huh. I hope you can relax and be a happy free 16-year-old from now on!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

ChrispyBiscuits wrote:
She just texted me saying that she isnt pregnant and that we are over, so that brings this thread to a close...

Well ... isn't that just special? :roll:

Likely things are over because you did not jump right in and propose marriage. You've dodged the bullet, and you're better off without her. Imagine, a young girl trying to manipulate her boyfriend into marriage by pulling the old "I may be pregnant, and you are the father" trick. I bet that you were scared snotless the moment she mentioned the p-word and pointed her greedy little claws at you. While I am sorry you had to go through this - and sooner or later, every man does - chalk it up as a learning experience, and don't go sending the ferret in to look for any more eggs unless you own the chicken coop!

Oh, and pay it forward, dude; tell the next guy she hooks up with what she tried to do to you. He may not believe you (at first), but at least you'll have the clear conscience of having tried to save him.

So much for "Trust" versus being "Sexist" ...

Meow101 wrote:

Would you like your crow cold, Meow? Or shall I heat it in the microwave? :lol: :lol: :lol: