Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

Having good days and bad days is normal in everyone, but I'm just talking about Aspies here for a second. Do you have some days when you seem more Aspie than other days? Or seem more anxious than other days? I experience this a lot. I keep going through periods of one thing, then periods of another. Like just last week I felt very afraid of people, and I didn't want to step out the front door and face the crowds, but I have things to do and I know I can't sit around the house all the time hiding away, (although this was what I felt like doing!) Then Thursday I had a free day to myself, and I didn't go out of the house at all. Then Friday I had another free day, and I suddenly felt all confident and wanted to go out, in spite of facing all the crowds. So I reckon I was probably having a good day on Friday.

Anyone else feel the same?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Yeah. It fluctuates. I suspect that this is mostly due to external environmental factors.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

Only on certain days, like when family comes over. They understand I'm an Aspie, but they treat me like I can learn social skills. The only one that understands is my cousin Kyndra...

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

Same with me! I have good days and bad!

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

This definetely applies to me. I tend to have a period of good,then a period of bad days. The periods can last from a day to around a week; it probably does have to do with external influences how long the period lasts.

Hey, this is my eleventy-first post!

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 7:41 pm

Some days I just feel ret*d.

Even online, I'll say something REALLY aspie-like, and I'll remind myself that I need to cut myself some slack because I am an aspie.

Other days I feel like I am a super-suave person.

It fluctuates, but I know that if I have bad days...I'll also have good days.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm

Day-to-day symptoms can vary, as others have said.
Stuff like sensory overload, anxiety level, and capacity for prolonged social attention are sometimes good and sometimes bad.

However, someone I've lived with for a number of years has noticed that I also seem to have longer, over-arching phases of "good" and "bad" days. They've said that I will seem to be doing better for a number of months... seeming more organized, less plagued by sensory issues, better able to hold a conversation and respond to emotions. Then I seem to spiral the other direction for a few months, where everything is a source of frustration and irritation for me, I withdraw further into myself than I already was, I have problems with anger management, and so forth.

So I definitely agree with the presence of the good/bad days phenomenon. How it plays out seems to be a highly individual issue, depending on their environment and circumstances and neurology.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:53 pm

I have good and bad days. This includes all my disorders not just my autism. Some days I actually appear normal and other days totally autistic and psychotic. Every part of me fluctuates. Not consistent at all. Even my abilities. My writing and spelling and even reading. My social skills. My anxiety. Every aspect of me.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2011, 12:46 am

Of course.