Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dragonkisse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2011, 4:44 am

I get pain in my ribs, on both sides. I take pain killers for sometimes. Does any one else get this?

Guilted_Lady
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2011, 4:48 am

What are you doing when the pain happens? Sometimes if I sit in a strange way and try to breath I get a sharp stabbing pain, but when I stand stretch and breath I am fine. It could be anything. :)

?Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.?

Dragonkisse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2011, 4:52 am

No particular movements. It isnt my ribs, it's more inside my ribs.

Guilted_Lady
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2011, 4:58 am

Oh. That sort of sounds serious. Is it in your lungs or somewhere else...?

?Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.?

Dragonkisse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2011, 6:21 am

I don't think it's my lungs. I have to have some tests. I keep forgetting.

m2o2r2g2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2011, 1:23 pm

As someone who has had rib stress fractures and many other sporting related injuries on my back/ribs...

First thing: your perception of where the pain is and where it ACTUALLY is can be remarkably different due to the decreased density of nerve endings etc through the torso

So it could be:

tight intercostal muscles (muscles that run along / around your ribs). They can tighten up when you use your back or shoulders a lot. They can be self massaged by running your fingers back and forth along the gaps between your ribs

rib stress reactions / rib stress fracture - basically a repetitive stress injury caused by the muscles compressing the rib cage over and over (ie using back and shoulders) and the bone weakens / fractures. This would cause sharp pains when sneezing etc or when you have pressure applied to your rib cage.

simple nerve pinching somewhere in your chest

muscle spasm (like a "stitch" you get when running) or strain / tear of a muscle

hernia

list goes on, but I need to go do something else now so I cant continue it. Sorry

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

Is it your liver maybe? I've had backups on the right side of my large intestine jack that up into my diaphram and I ended up in the hospital it was that painful, a few months previous to that I was in the hospital getting operated on for a blown appendix.

My advice, especially if this happens often, give fiber supplements (and lots of water) a try.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin