Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 12:42 pm

MR20 wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

If you don't try at all, you are guaranteed to fail.

I've tried plenty of times and it's never worked out. No matter what I did people never accepted me. I've never had a real connection with a non-family person and I probably never will. It saddens me deeply whenever I think about that, but it's the thruth.

Quit quitting on yourself. If you quit on yourself, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

Everyone else has given up on helping me and befriending me, so what difference does it make?

Are you even listening to yourself? Put yourself across the room. Pretend you are one of your own friends, and listen to yourself.

What you you do?

No one can help a drowning man who's pulling down the people trying to save him. At some point, they have to pull away or they both drown.

Think about it. You really need to start by changing the way you're speaking to yourself. But you can't expect to just say a few positive things and your life magically changes. You have to do it, keep doing it, and never stop doing it.

That's how it works.

If you're bent on trashing yourself, and won't stop trashing yourself, there really isn't anything anyone here can do to help.

If you CAN'T stop trashing yourself, I HIGHLY recommend seeing somebody about the probability that you are currently suffering from serious depression. It may be only temporary, it may be long term. It sounds dangerous right now to me.

You need to get some help. I'm serious. Help that we can't give you here.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

MR20 wrote:
I'm not that good at any other subjects. I like History though

That might be something you can hone onto. I've been fond of History since I was a child, and am still fascinated by it (though not nearly as excessive as it was as I was younger)

I'm more of a pessimist than optimist, in general, so I'm not really that good at giving advice. But there has to be something in your life that fascinates you, and I don't have to be great at advice to say that.....

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:12 pm

I'm sorry that your childhood was so bad.

I have good parents, but my first 3 and half years of elementary school, weren't very good at all. The principal was very harsh on me. He would pick me up and carry me to the office if I had a meltdown and wouldn't put me in a yellow chair. I was really good academically in grade 1, got know one ever noticed. The just noticed how bad my social skills were and how "disrespectful" I was. It's interesting because the only report cards that say I was disrespectful are my grade 1 report cards. Grade 1 was probably the toughest year of school, I had friends, but the teachers' didn't consider them my friends. I guess they had a different definition of "friend" than I did. They put calming strategies in place for my anxiety, and they didn't work, and I knew that they weren't very effective, so didn't use them. If they hadn't given me extremely high social exceptions, they wouldn't have been dealing with the anxiety. Oh, and did I mention that they were only doing this to benefit THEMSELVES? At least, that's what it seemed like.

It got better during the second half of grade 3 though.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:03 am

MrXxx wrote:

If you CAN'T stop trashing yourself, I HIGHLY recommend seeing somebody about the probability that you are currently suffering from serious depression. It may be only temporary, it may be long term. It sounds dangerous right now to me.

You need to get some help. I'm serious. Help that we can't give you here.

What do you mean by "dangerous"? Do you mean suicide? If so, why would that be so bad. I'm 25, I have no education, no job, friends, GFs, I'm poor, and I have no real prospects for a future. I've been miserable and alone for the better part of my life, why not just let go. It's not like it's going to get any better.

Is life really worth living for me at this point?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:49 am

Don't they have calculators and computers that can do the math for you? Cheating is the secret to sucess at math.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

LuckyLeft wrote:
MR20 wrote:
I'm not that good at any other subjects. I like History though

That might be something you can hone onto. I've been fond of History since I was a child, and am still fascinated by it (though not nearly as excessive as it was as I was younger)

I'm more of a pessimist than optimist, in general, so I'm not really that good at giving advice. But there has to be something in your life that fascinates you, and I don't have to be great at advice to say that.....

A few things. Video games, anime, space, and snowboarding