Being Tickled. Any One Else Hate It??

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:37 am

I am very ticklish. I will always laugh when tickled.

When I go for haircuts and they put the shaver to my neck, I find it difficult to keep a straight face, because this is very tickly.

My ticklishness is capable of causing me embarrassing consequences, especially in airports, where you'll be searched, and I end up laughing when searched, because it is like tickling.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

20 Jul 2011, 5:50 am

Tickling is physically painful to me. If someones tries to tickle me...I get very aggressive...warning to people who want to tickle me....I am not reposnsible for what I do to you when you tickle me. It is self defense.

Did you know that when a partner tickles you to the point of tears...it is considered to be a form of physical abuse by advocaty organizations against domestic abuse??? At that point it not playfullness that motivates them, but control.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2011, 8:40 am

I cannot stand being tickled, I will hit and try to get away too.

My mother loved to tickle me when I was a little girl, but it was so upsetting to me that eventually I figured out she just wanted to make me laugh, so I would start shrieking and laughing before she even tickled me, she would just make a tickle motion near my arms and I would start laughing so she wouldnt have to actually do it.

Then in high school when I started to have a boyfriend, he also wanted to tickle me but I couldnt deal with it, so to try to prevent it I just refused to be "tickled" and would never laugh or crack a smile or anything (easy to do when you dont want something painful to happen), and said I wasnt ticklish. This has mostly worked because if someone wants to tickle you and they get zero response, it isnt fun for them so they stop trying and you are safe.

In a more recent relationship, I felt that the bond of being ticklish was important, so I let myself be ticklish in one way (if someone blows air with their mouth on my stomach) because that doesnt hurt me at all and it is pretty funny.

That sounds really weird when I type it out like that, but I guess we all come up with survival techniques.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 11:44 am

I hate it and view it as a form of torture. The (laughing) response to it reminds me of a meltdown in that it is that same frustratingly uncontrollable and inappropriate display of emotion. The difference is that the laughing response makes people want to do it more instead of getting away. :?

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2011, 11:54 am

I don't hit or kick as a reflex, I just don't like how it feels. I don't laugh or anything. And if I say stop, people would continue, so I might have to grab their wrists to stop. Don't get tickled anymore, thankfully.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 1:53 pm

I can't tolerate being tickled. I warn people, but they usually don't stop. I've ended up kicking people in the chest and knocking the breath out of them, or even kicking them in the face.

Zexion
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

I'm very ticklish.

Iloveshoujoai
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

I have nightmares about it. It hurts.