Lose your temper when people change plans?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

theslanket
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2011, 11:19 pm

Does anyone else lose it when people change plans on you?

I just found out I have this charming habit, and am wondering if it's diagnosis related (and present in females too).

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 11:42 pm

Yes Aspies tend not to like when a routine is broken or plans are changed. To an Aspie a call at 6:00pm means CALL AT 6:00pm NOT 6:30pm! Every Aspie is different in this area perhaps not having this problem or as you yourself do have anger towards it. Personally I get ALOT of anxiety OMG! plans are changed NOW WHAT! and sometimes go into "meltdown" mode where I'm an emotional wreck for a few hours. Don't worry though it's an Aspie trait one of many that some of us have.

Saja
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2011, 4:04 am

Yes, even when the change is for the better--by which I mean, even when I prefer the new plan to the old one. It takes me a few minutes to get over the fact change has occurred, but then I'm usually on board. (Unless I detest the new plan. :-) )

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

19 Jul 2011, 4:23 am

I hate it when plans are changed on the fly....it really sets me off. Of course you can be alittle late or alittle early, but total change in plans right at the last minute.....eeeek. My mom does this and wonders why I nut up

Waddie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

I hate it when someone changes our plans. It can completely freak me out, especially if I've had to prepare myself emotionally and mentally to cope. Sometimes it helps me if I don't plan to do anything. Then I can't get stuck in my head and have to change. Of course, this only works when it is just my husband and me. If someone else just stops by or calls and it changes my routine and suddenly I have to socialize, I have to force myself through the encounter and then freak out. Change sucks.

alhna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

Last edited by alhna on 08 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

Yes.

I understand that sometimes plans change. So goes life. However, the change better make sense and at no time should I be left out of the loop when it directly affects me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 7:14 pm

Some people are rarely on time for anything because they think the whole world is going to stop and wait, just for them. I really haaaate that!! ! I also hate it when people give me the same old excuse, "I was busy". It's like they're saying, "I don't have a lot a free time because I'm doing big important things in the world and you are not and that makes you a worthless human being". And the really sad thing is that often a visit from someone is often all I have to look forward to that day and when they have to cancel, even when they have a good reason, deep down I'm thinking "great now what do I do for the rest of the day with no one to talk to or do anything with?"

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:15 pm

hmmmm...yes...what do you think?

My plan? Clean on Modays all day...husband to arrive around 4-5PM...
Husband arrives yesterday (Monday) at 2PM...I am in the middle of cleaning...

I wasn't upset...I LOST IT! I yelled, I freaked, I got angry, I told him I knew he was doing it because he wanted to be with me, and I understood but I STILL lost it!! ! I finally went to bed because I was literally worn out from being so angry over his change of my plans. :oops:

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

I freak out sometimes even if people change plans that I made in my head but I didn't discuss with them. It's an Aspie trait, the whole routine thing.

Paja
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Julia_the_Great wrote:
I freak out sometimes even if people change plans that I made in my head but I didn't discuss with them. It's an Aspie trait, the whole routine thing.

Oh man, I do this too. I'm sure it's obnoxious to others, but I can't help but freak out anyway.

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

My best friend (of 13 years) is quite a disorganised person and tends to change plans on the day. I see her every Tuesday (her day off) but have learnt not to plan an exact time to meet up and rather than planning to do a specific activity (e.g. go for lunch, go to the cinema) in my head I schedule the time as "plan to see my friend for x hours" - that way if she changes her mind I am less stressed out.

EmDaise
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Julia_the_Great wrote:

haha ... I do the same thing too lol

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 1:55 pm

Yes, I get very upset when people change plans.

LemonPieForAPirate
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2011, 12:19 am

oh yes, find it hard to talk to them again once they have, i take it as rejection if theyve changed their plans. not the best way to react. still trying to work on that, its really hard.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:18 pm

yes. I don't quite understand why either, as it's usually an irrelevant change.