Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

oblomov
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 6:57 am

Hello everyone!

After having been officially branded an Aspie I thought I might as well join you lot here on Wrong Planet and learn about my fellow oddballs, and, through you, about myself.

I'm a 29 year old male from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Dropped out of college three times. Just kept trying. Had my own internet startup for a while, but that requires a lot of people skills and/or self-knowledge, but I lacked both at the time.
Currently unemployed, but slowly getting a taste for life and people again. Hope this diagnosis can help me figure out how to make the most out of life.

Currently weighing the pros and cons of living in the biggest city of the most densely populated country in Europe. I might decide to cut down on human interaction by moving out into the country. Curious about your perspective on that, but I'll have to find a suitable sub-forum for that thread.

I'm interested in privacy (both on- and offline), information security, civil and human rights, journalism, politics, movies, tv-shows, books, photography, cooking and a lot more.

Enough about me. I'm off to read all about you guys :)

Cheers

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 7:25 am

Hey, and welcome to WP! Congrats on your diagnosis, it's a wonderful relief. :D
I've been to Amsterdam once - I loved the experience, but it was a little too loud for me I must say. :?

I'm into photography too! (Although my shots resemble the typical fifteen-year-old-with-a-camera ;) ) Which area of photography do you prefer?

Rich-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

Hi. Welcome to WrongPlanet.

oblomov
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

kittie wrote:
I'm into photography too! (Although my shots resemble the typical fifteen-year-old-with-a-camera ;) ) Which area of photography do you prefer?

Thanks for the warm welcome :) Do you have a deviantart or flickr account or somth? I'm a passive photog-lover right now. Haven't held a proper camera for years now. I like street photography; people, animals in the urban environment, odd details. I like women as a subject as well. Pretty ones, sure, but more importantly women and intimacy or women and solace. Lately I've found myself looking at eco-architecture pics a lot. I enjoy the collision of artificial and natural. Are there things that you prefer to look at or shoot or is your scope too wide to narrow it down?

Rich-Z wrote:
Hi. Welcome to WrongPlanet.

Thank you !

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

oblomov wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome :) Do you have a deviantart or flickr account or somth? I'm a passive photog-lover right now. Haven't held a proper camera for years now. I like street photography; people, animals in the urban environment, odd details. I like women as a subject as well. Pretty ones, sure, but more importantly women and intimacy or women and solace. Lately I've found myself looking at eco-architecture pics a lot. I enjoy the collision of artificial and natural. Are there things that you prefer to look at or shoot or is your scope too wide to narrow it down?

I have a deviantart and flickr - I'm a lot more active on deviantart, but it's mainly for my writing. My flickr has all my photography but it's lazily maintained. :P Here it is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dextroannie
And I love urban photography! Not to shoot though, just to look at. Ever heard of urbexing?
Look at, photography wise... Pretty much anything! Shoot, I just love people and portraits, although at the amatuer stage I pretty much suck. I still love it though. :)

And secondhand DSLRs (like you can't go wrong with a Nikon D40!) are going quite cheap these days if you'd ever want to look into it - and gosh, film SLRs are going even cheaper if you could be bothered with all the processing work. :)

oblomov
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

kittie wrote:
My flickr has all my photography but it's lazily maintained. :P

Love the co-op bag cameo ;) Looking forward to updates, as they trickle in. Are you in Yorkshire? Saw you visited Leeds. Was there recently. I visit York & Yorkshire often.

kittie wrote:
Ever heard of urbexing?

Yeah! Saw this brilliant repo of MailRail: silentuk.com/?p=2792

kittie wrote:
And secondhand DSLRs (like you can't go wrong with a Nikon D40!) are going quite cheap these days if you'd ever want to look into it

That's good advice. I just might, thanks!

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

Welcome to WP!! Enjoy!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

19 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

kittie wrote:
I'm into photography too! (Although my shots resemble the typical fifteen-year-old-with-a-camera ;) )

Same here :lol:

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 12:34 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Same here :lol:

Do you have a flickr or dA or anything...? :D

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 3:48 am