Why do Sun Tans or Tans look more attractive than pale fair

Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

Why do Sun Tans or Tans look more attractive than pale fair or white skin in your opinion or your view thank you in my opinion darker skin looks better than pale skin because it shows you go outside with nature and are with the beauty of nature while pale people stay indoors and watch tv all day does anyone agree with me ?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

White skin can be a sign of leprosy, dietary deficiency, anemia, or undead status...

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
White skin can be a sign of leprosy, dietary deficiency, anemia, or undead status...

WIN!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCLIg6WT7zM[/youtube]

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm

Culturally influenced I'd say.
In medieval times milky white maidens were idealized.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm

I totally disagree. I find tanned skin(on people who aren't naturally that way) nasty. I don't see a suntan, I see a melanoma in 20 years. Perhaps it's the fact I've been through a scare myself, but I try to avoid the sun if at all possible.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

[opinion]

I also prefer naturally-tanned women (africans, asians, latinas, middle-easterners, et cetera) over pasty-white caucasian women. They also seem to look younger longer. Un-natural tans on white women just look icky.

[/opinion]

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2011, 9:56 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I totally disagree.

Excessively tanned people often look "fake", and I personally don't think pale skin is less attractive than tanned skin. It's all about preference :wink:

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

I actually quite like rather white/pale people much more than tan.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

I think natural is always the best look when it comes to skin color. I think it comes back to people wanting what they don't have. My friend from Sri Lanka is always avoiding the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen because she doesn't want to get darker and wishes she had lighter skin. I think her skin is beautiful. I have a few other friends who go tanning every day and even at age 19/20 I can see it making their skin look old. For me I'm perfectly happy being white as a ghost, I just wish my skin color was more even.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

I have to admit an attraction for the "Ginger" look - red hair, fair skin, freckles, and a willowy figure.

This is greatly superceded by the demure Asian look - black hair, tanned skin, epicanthic eyes, and willowy figure.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

Being tan goes good with how I look since I have black hair and brown eyes.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

Someone told me in China tanned skin isn't considered attractive because it makes you look like a "peasant" who slaves away under the sun, and they avoid tanning because they don't want to be mistaken for one. I personally think tanning is bad, not just because of skin cancer but because it ages your skin prematurely. I heard you're supposed to get a little sunshine each day but since there's practically no ozone layer sunlight kills. I hate the summer because I'm afraid to go out in the sun. I hate the greasy feel and smell of most sunblocks, and wearing long sleeves and hats makes me too hot!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

i like all skin tones. i don't like fake, but if someone happened to work in the sun i'd expect them to look tanned.

OP, your preferences are based on both your own aesthetic sense as well as cultural influences, but they are by no means universal.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 11:54 pm

I like natural skin tones. If you're naturally dark, yer good. If you tan artificially, well... Ew...

Quite honestly though, I don't like tan as much I like other skintones like pale and black (Especially reeeeaally black :heart: )

Personally, I'm an orange-tinged pale, which goes with my red hair and green/blue eyes.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

Tans aren't attractive to me at all. Natural skin tone please!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 12:41 am

Tans look really bad here in jersey, especially the spray-tans. It's one thing if your skin is naturally that color, but spending too much time in the sun is honestly just bad for your health.